Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP and its Big Brother ponies. Should they have more time to shine?

ManaMinori

How would fans like to see a Big Mac episode done like Zen and the art of gazebo repair, IDW's comic, that features Big Mac in a more narrative aspect? Maybe AJ or Sweetie belle could stumble upon Big Mac's journal, narrating its entries aloud through the entire episode, and we see Big Mac going through his slice of life episode, in sort of a recap/ flashback sort of thing, and by the end of the episode, Big Mac finds one (or both) of his sisters reading his diary, and an important lesson is learned about either not snooping through pony's stuff and sharing it with others, or being more open to share those secrets with family and friends. What do y'all think? Should the “big brother ponies” be given a little more spotlight in coming seasons?

same with Shining Armor and Twilight. (and maybe Flim and Flam, too? and hopefully, Vinyl Scratch and Long Play, even!)

• Brohoof 1

I think there was an announcement somewhere that one of the episodes in Season 5 was going to focus on the lives of some of the background ponies. Someone wanna find that for me?

Anyways, I'd love a Big Mac-centric episode. His relationship with Cheerilee should be explored more. We learned from a Season 5 animatic that Big Mac is a "Hoofball" fan, and I'd love to know more about his life.

It's a great idea, and I'd love to see it, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Due to the way Hasbro markets this show, it would be an uphill battle to get an episode like this done.

Lauren Faust has stated that there indeed was a plan floated among the writers for Big Mac to get a prominent role in an episode of Season 1. You can guess where that plan went. :okiedokielokie:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/01/cancelled-big-mac-episode-idea.html

Edited by Nightwind Boreas

It's a great idea, and I'd love to see it, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Due to the way Hasbro markets this show, it would be an uphill battle to get an episode like this done.

Lauren Faust has stated that there indeed was a plan floated among the writers for Big Mac to get a prominent role in an episode of Season 1. You can guess where that plan went. :okiedokielokie:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/01/cancelled-big-mac-episode-idea.html

marketing should step up its game, as they have a large majority of viewers who are men, and even if they didn't, the little girls the show mainly targets also have----GASP- brothers! (who might also be a fan of MLP). It wouldn't hurt to branch out marketing to them, too. Even if to teach the younger audience of little girls how to more easily deal with situations involving their brothers. Two of the mane 6 have brothers, and they should give a little more attention to them. If they didn't want to, they wouldn't have even made male characters at all. But now that they're there, they have tons of potential and need to be utilized.

• Brohoof 1

What if by some contrivance Big Mac and Shining Armor meet and go on some sort of journey, with corn dogs and slushies and fruit jerky.

Or maybe on a more serious note we get Twilight visiting Shiny and due to some events keep getting distracted. In the end they do get to spend time somehow.

I would love to have the Big Bro's

get some more love and spot light

time if anything to learn more about them

and dive more into what they are like

behind the little snips we get here

and there!  

Like with Armor,  he sort of just popped

up in season two! And we had peeks

into his traits and such more in season 3 but

just a bit....

Mac,  hes one those ponies I'd love to

see a day in his life was about..

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Since it appears that Hasbro is having Vinyl share all her screen time with a certain cello-playing pony, much to my distaste, I guess we won't be seeing Vinyl with her big brother for the 100th episode....dang. Not thrilled about that

Stinkin' Octavia....

I think there should be more focus on male ponies to be honest. Put them in a positive light. G1 Did that, G1.5 had some good males. G4 can have good male ponies, too. Not all males are ill mannered and gross. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

big mc and shining armor hanging out just being bros doing or taling about stupid stuff might be a good idea

Edited by Alto

Suddenly I want to see a Soarin-Big Mac-Breaburn-Shining Armour slice of life episode. Unfortunately that will never happen because Hasbro.

well, we've had a Spike SoL episode before.... Maybe we just might get one with the male ponies??

I think I'd have a new favorite episode if we had a Big Mac episode. It could be hilarious to have Big Mac's thoughts spoken aloud and then hear his reply of "Eeyup" or "Nope" depending on the situation. 

I would like a flashback episode of Twilight and Shining Armor as kids, but I don't think I want an episode of him as an adult. I'd rather see Flash Sentry!

well, we've had a Spike SoL episode before.... Maybe we just might get one with the male ponies??

Yes but Spike is still a male which is why I included him in the group. Plus we'll never get an episode with just male ponies for obvious reasons and we can only hope.

I loved Braeburn in his (rather failed) big bro role to the CMC. Just wish there was a bit more interaction than him falling asleep and the CMCs running off though :P

braeburn_sleeping_by_dcencia-d8rvsq0.png

Yes but Spike is still a male which is why I included him in the group. Plus we'll never get an episode with just male ponies for obvious reasons and we can only hope.

never say never

isn't there an episode later this season revealed to be called "Brotherhooves social" or something like that? We just might get a big brother, all make pony episode sooner than you think

• Brohoof 1