Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This is how much I care.....(drawing..)

EssieHiddles

O: I love the mane!

XD im not an artist, I just like looking at art. This is really good, the nose could stand to be a bit shorter, but I love the pose and everything else :3

Make the outline darker and its done! (I mean, unless its supposed to be soft outlines.. I dont know)

• Brohoof 1

O: I love the mane!

XD im not an artist, I just like looking at art. This is really good, the nose could stand to be a bit shorter, but I love the pose and everything else :3

Make the outline darker and its done! (I mean, unless its supposed to be soft outlines.. I dont know)

thanks for the suggestions! I just started drawing mlp a few weeks ago, and the face is a bit harder for me. I will work on making it a bit shorter :3 and I might make the outline darker.

but thank so much for the small bit of advice! 

• Brohoof 1

thanks for the suggestions! I just started drawing mlp a few weeks ago, and the face is a bit harder for me. I will work on making it a bit shorter :3 and I might make the outline darker.

but thank so much for the small bit of advice!

xD I have almost no drawing experience, I just wanted to say that you did a great job ^-^

This is a great drawing, I just think that ear is a little too pointed. I'd suggest rounding the tip of the ear a little bit, but other than that, I love it. I even love the placement of the signature.

• Brohoof 1

uGVKBdX.jpg

I took the privilege to redline this for you!

Here are my protips:

Make sure the horn is actually connected to the skull, This is achieved by first drawing the skull!

Always add cheese and skeletons, that's because cheese is delicious and skeletons are spooky.

Throw in Daedric artifacts for a good measure.

Always draw as much of the pony as you can, otherwise you will do a disservice to yourself and your development of your skill.

Muffins. Never forget muffins.

Try to have less tips to the hair, too many pokey points in the hair gets busy and jarring with the simplistic pony style. Or then don't draw simplistic ponies.

Pony ears are large, rounder and fluffy, do not forget fluffy, pet when available.

Edited by Sheogorath
  • Brohoof 5

uGVKBdX.jpg

I took the privilege to redline this for you!

Here are my protips:

Make sure the horn is actually connected to the skull, This is achieved by first drawing the skull!

Always add cheese and skeletons, that's because cheese is delicious and skeletons are spooky.

Throw in daedric artifacts in for a good measure.

Always draw as much of the pony as you can, otherwise you will do a disservice to yourself and your development of your skill.

Muffins. Never forget muffins.

Try to have less tips to the hair, too many pokey points in the hair gets busy and jarring with the simplistic pony style. Or then Don't draw simplistic ponies.

Pony ears are large, rounder and fluffy, do not forget fluffy, pet when available.

Oh wow! I love what you did to my drawing!

Thanks for the advice (I love advice) and cheese! I love cheese (whats your favorite cheese? o.O) 

Like I said before, I just started drawing ponies a few weeks ago! 

Oh wow! I love what you did to my drawing!

Thanks for the advice (I love advice) and cheese! I love cheese (whats your favorite cheese? o.O) 

Like I said before, I just started drawing ponies a few weeks ago! 

Few weeks, few centuries, Difference is only in the pile of pencils left!

Now few pictures, or thousand pictures, then you start to see the difference no matter the time! Draw draw draw! Oh and don't forget to go to bathroom and eat, I think eat, it might be important unless you are a plant. I know this talking grape in passwall that... Oh wait, I am getting off the topic!

What was the topic? Oh yes, Cheese! I like all the cheese except the cheese that's ran out, then it should stop running and come back in.

Also Cheddar, sharp cheddar especially, but not too sharp, you may cut your tongue off and then you can't taste the cheese.

Edited by Sheogorath
  • Brohoof 1

@MelodyMix

Absolutely you can and may ask.

Ahh, inquiries, so inquisitive! Always question everything you hear and suspect all you think you know!

So many question marks just waiting for a home in the end of the sentence, I can almost hear them weep in the orphanage, can you? Oh look! There's another happy question mark now housed. How delightful! Or is it? Huhuhuu! Yet another! And they don't even mind if the question is hypothetical or metaphorical, allegory or even subsidiary! Or do they? Who knows? Not I!

Oh and my most devious of artworks you can find in http://countcarbon.deviantart.com/ 

• Brohoof 1

Just a few things I noticed.

The horn is oddly placed. When you draw hair, you should always be aware of where the head is. Whenever I draw, all my characters start off bald and I add the hair and any protrusions after the fact. The horn should be more centered between the eyes.

The nose is a bit long and narrow. I think if you make it taller, it should fix the problem.

The ear should be rounder on the outer side. More shaped like an almond than a triangle.

I know it's just a sketch so maybe you were gonna fix this anyway, but the eyes lack detail. I'm sure you were aware of that.

Other than that, great job!

@I'm actually terrible at drawing ponies. I have two reference guides which have helped me, but I'm still not that much better. (Check out my profile for proof >.<; ) Vectoring, on the other hand, I can do.

Anyway, these two:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7bS-XNQmBnk/TeX7B0XqZMI/AAAAAAAAFTE/AWktwZT1XAA/s1600/Clipboard01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D-VxzMw4kv0/TeX7AX3TE2I/AAAAAAAAFTA/rHu8S-G-bf8/s1600/130255146209.png

One thing that might help is tracing. Even just a few images. It can sorta make you look out for things that you didn't realize you were missing. This could be especially helpful if you're used to drawing another style and just starting to pick up this one.

• Brohoof 1

@@Clover Heart,

oh wow! thanks for the references, I'll use them! I looked at your profile, and I love your art. They are really good to me! I am more of a pencil and paper person, I am not as good at drawing with an art software. btw you live in japan! (I've always wanted to go there)

• Brohoof 1

@I'm actually terrible at drawing ponies. I have two reference guides which have helped me, but I'm still not that much better. (Check out my profile for proof >.<; ) Vectoring, on the other hand, I can do.

Anyway, these two:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7bS-XNQmBnk/TeX7B0XqZMI/AAAAAAAAFTE/AWktwZT1XAA/s1600/Clipboard01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D-VxzMw4kv0/TeX7AX3TE2I/AAAAAAAAFTA/rHu8S-G-bf8/s1600/130255146209.png

One thing that might help is tracing. Even just a few images. It can sorta make you look out for things that you didn't realize you were missing. This could be especially helpful if you're used to drawing another style and just starting to pick up this one.

Sadly tracing does not really help you to understand the making and workings of a pony. The moment you go off the "formula" you will run into a wall and that is not a padded wall either.

Best thing indeed is to do a lot of practice with those kind of line skeletons and just work on understanding the pony proportions. That big head doesn't just happen! you must force it.

Also drawing skeletons is fun, all those bones. Boneriffic. Not to mention Spooky and sometimes scary.

Most effective means I've found to drawing ponies is to actually take some modelling mass or playdoh and trying to shape the pony with it a few dozen times, helps you to work out how things might work in three dimensions! But don't go over three dimensions, that usually does not end well as you create THE ASCENDED and then they start taking over worlds and blowing things up with their mind and that's just a big awful mess.

Oh! And of course since drawing ponies is fun fun fun you could accompany the fun times with some silly pictures, experiment, go off model, funny expressions, weird events, have even more fun with your art, this storytelling makes you break out from any patterns and makes you to learn to draw ponies in more varied situations, angles and contexts.

I'd give ideas but when I give people ideas they usually go mad.

Also @MelodyMix Your ponies are really good for someone who just started! you got promise, so keep up the good work! And go wild! 

Edited by Sheogorath
  • Brohoof 2

@@Sheogorath you do a great job fitting the role of your name xD

Thank you! I find roles to be like socks, you can wear ten on top of each others but then your shoes don't fit so better just go with crocks. Or find thinner socks. Maybe have smaller feet too. If you combine all those then you can fit on even more socks and boy are your toes cosy after that. Unless the socks cut off circulation then you just get gangrene and die.

@

Huh! I went and Peeked in your profile, and My first thought was "just 15 years old and that good at pony sketches already." My second thought was naturally "Hm, this drink needs more sweetening".

But you!

You definitely keep drawing then, you got pretty good innate talent!

• Brohoof 2