Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Champion RD92's Rock Music Thread

Champion RD92

I hope this counts as rock music. It's got no guitars ("blasphemy," I hear you say), but it's got such an infectious drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOTvMN0i-Y

This band is my latest obsession. It's cool to see music that's so minimal but so infectious. They call themselves a "cave music" band, which is basically "primitive" house.

I have pretty much have been into rock for a long time listening to bands such as Billy Talent,Metallica,Rob Zombie,Skillet,System Of a Down,Motorhead and such

I don't like Skillet, but I love Metallica and System of a Down.

This is my favorite Metallica song:

This is my favorite System of a Down song:

• Brohoof 1

So I just checked out the latest Dance Gavin Dance album. It had a few good songs, but it didn't really amaze me all that much. I absolutely loved their first two albums, so those really set the bar high on what the band is capable of. Happiness was pretty meh imo and DBM2 had a few really good songs, like Elder Goose. So yeah, definitely a few good songs, and overall a decent album. Also the new singer totally sounds like Buster Baxter lol

So I just checked out the latest Dance Gavin Dance album. It had a few good songs, but it didn't really amaze me all that much. I absolutely loved their first two albums, so those really set the bar high on what the band is capable of. Happiness was pretty meh imo and DBM2 had a few really good songs, like Elder Goose. So yeah, definitely a few good songs, and overall a decent album. Also the new singer totally sounds like Buster Baxter lol

I thought that Acceptance Speech was great, but meh opinions, I've only ever listened to Happiness, DBM, and Acceptance Speech.

*Reading first post, instantly amazed*

I'd like to share the same band you posted, but a Nightcore version if you don't mind tongue.png

Have fun!

And another one (Yes, I love A7X (Too bad, they are not that popular in germany...xD))

Edited by Lunatic Cake

I thought that Acceptance Speech was great, but meh opinions, I've only ever listened to Happiness, DBM, and Acceptance Speech.

Ah. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me more if I continue to listen to it. Many other people seem to like it a lot. You should check out their self-titled album if you haven't heard it already!

Ah. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me more if I continue to listen to it. Many other people seem to like it a lot. You should check out their self-titled album if you haven't heard it already!

I've been meaning to listen to their self-titled for a while, just haven't bothered with it

Still bummed out over The Chariot breaking up, they've always been a fave of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ermp7sY3UIY

I got System of a Down's album "Steal This Album" and I have to say it's pretty disappointing to be honest. It's not anywhere near as good as Toxicity, or any of the other albums I have by them. It's not bad, but I was expecting better. *shrug*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HjrJ-s7YU

I really love the song Chapter Four, but I'm not entirely sure what nightcore is...it sounds really interesting...

I definitely prefer the original though lol

• Brohoof 1

I got System of a Down's album "Steal This Album" and I have to say it's pretty disappointing to be honest. It's not anywhere near as good as Toxicity, or any of the other albums I have by them. It's not bad, but I was expecting better. *shrug*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HjrJ-s7YU

I really love the song Chapter Four, but I'm not entirely sure what nightcore is...it sounds really interesting...

I definitely prefer the original though lol

Well, I got a fun story to tell about Chapter Four... on an Assignment for german class I had to write an interpretation of a text about Cain and Able... first thing that came to mind was this song actually lol.

Nightcore is a higher pitched version of the song, it is faster and the bass is stronger than in the normal version. It is good, yet I also prefer the original.

• Brohoof 1

EVERYONE HIDE YOUR COPIES OF COME CLARITY AND A7X ALBUMS CAUSE DAWN IS BACK

Well I guess I can't post anything music related on the forums or ever go into a music thread on the forums ever again.

Thanks Dawn.

EVERYONE HIDE YOUR COPIES OF COME CLARITY AND A7X ALBUMS CAUSE DAWN IS BACK

Resistance is futile, I can smell them a mile away. BRB, getting my baseball bat so I can smash your records.

Well I guess I can't post anything music related on the forums or ever go into a music thread on the forums ever again.

Thanks Dawn.

Ahhh Your Welcome :)

(edited)

I might as well resurrect this thread. I've been listening to a lot of Rush lately.

I never cared much for The Twilight Zone, but I really like A Farewell to Kings, and The Trees is one of my absolute favorite Rush songs. Hemispheres is the best album in my opinion. Actually, it's my favorite album of all time.

Edited by Champion RD92

(edited)

I'm checking out some stuff from Bad Religion, they seem like a pretty good band. I think I might buy this album, I'm trying to add more punk rock CDs to my collection.

Edited by Champion RD92

I've been listening to Muse for a while now, and this is one of my favorite songs from them.

And then another song from their latest album, The 2nd Law.

The 2nd Law incorporates some dubstep, but it's still good nonetheless. 

I've been listening to Muse for a while now, and this is one of my favorite songs from them.

I like a little bit of Muse, but a lot of their stuff is kinda boring to me to be honest.

These are probably my favorite songs I know: