Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ponyville Outbreak (Take One) (OOC Discussion)

Demi

(edited)

This is for the planning of (yet another) zombie outbreak in Ponyville RP. I want to make this one a bit more game-ish and have a survival feel to it so I might work on it some more before I actually start it up. But I'd like to get the possible ideas out and see if anypony would be interested in joining in.

Anywho, the RP would be played through Action Points (AP) instead of simply using words. As such all actions will cost a certain amount of AP so actions need to be chosen carefully. For example, attacking an enemy zombie would cost 3 AP or barricading a door with a desk would cost 10. Everypony only has a max of 10 AP to use per turn so they must use them wisely to survive. Once I, or perhaps more RP guiders, can determine the results of your chosen actions and describe what happens next your AP returns back to 10 and you can act again.

I would like to include some kind of map or something of Ponyville that would have all the areas on it so that players can explore searching for items and weapons to aid their survival. For example, a player can choose to move to the Library and search for items. Searching would cost at minimal 5 AP but up to all 10 AP can be used to best searching results.

Weapons will be basicly be everyday tools and objects used by ponies throughout the day. However some weapons such as bladed weapons may be useable. I, or one of the RP guides, will determine the weapons you find throughout your searching along with their attack power and how many hits it can deal before breaking. Such as if somepony searched the Library and found a Heavy Book for a weapon it would be something like; Heavy Book (15 damage per hit) (breaks after 10 attacks) (can be thrown).

All players will also have a total of 100 Max HP and once it hits 0 their character is offically dead. There may also possibly be the chance of having your character becoming infected and becoming a zombie if they take severe damage in such a short time. The enemies you fight are infected ponies (zombies) that have random stats determined by their phyiscal attributes.

So far that's all I have planned out for now but I'm still working around with the idea. If anypony would like to help come up with ideas for the RP then feel free to add them here. I'd love to hear ways on how to make the RP more enjoyable. Also don't be afraid to ask to be a guide for the RP that keeps things going by coming up with unbiased results based on people's actions. You must have some RP knowledge however and be very descriptive.

More will be added soon!

Edited by Demi

Besides that I really like the idea of making it gameish, since it'll give it a good spin from the norm seen around here.

Why Am I in your profile pic... I was just trying to be nice... :[
  • Brohoof 3