Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did your family do during ww1?

Neutral

Do you know much about your family's part in ww1.

Like did they join the army? Work in a factory?

I know that there were 5 men from my mums side of the family joined the military.

I belive 2 were in artillery 1 was in the navy another was an engineer and the other survived the whole war in the trenches.

• 4 years later...

Uh... Idk... watched TV probably.  :/  :laugh:

Spoiler

Not trying to make light of a serious thing.  I have no idea what, if anything, any of my relatives did during that time.  I know very little about my family history/tree.

I believe I have a great grandfather who fought in it and lived. I know my grandfather on my dad’s side fought in world war II and nearly died at D-Day. His barge hit a mine. Of 100 people in it, 10 survived. He was in a hospital for 2 1/2 years and had to wear orthopedic shoes for the rest of his life because of injuries sustained.

• 2 years later...

One was drafted  towards the end and the rest, all being German immigrants or offspring of German immigrants(generation 3/4 was just starting to happen then) kinda awkwardly kept farming, but were somewhat ostracized. 

"You're a German, you won't buy a war bond will you? Well either way we don't want your German money" that was a quote from a story that was told to me from that era. Somewhat ironic coming from someone who had recently changed their German name to something more "American".

I have no idea, all I know is French took over Vietnam during those time...I'm sure since my grandpa did served at the Vietnam war, his family probably got some story waay back..maybe I should start asking-but not sure if my grandpa is in a condition to remember it all. :worry:

• 2 years later...