Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Puppy

Comrade Courage

How can you say that it's one of your worst? It looks amazing. Please stop trying to devalue your images just let yourself smile whilst drawing :)

I just didnt think it was that good but I guess if everyone else likes it then it is good I will try no to put my art down :)

• Brohoof 1

This is a nice and refreshing picture compared to what we normally get from MLP Forums. Yet from what I can tell it seems that you've drawn this on a photo freely, hence the beefy legs and odd eyes. I'd recommend it if you draw a structure before you start sketching. By making a structure, you get a better idea on where to place body parts. Kind of akin to this simple tutorial, except you're dealing with a dog instead, obviously.

I'd also recommend putting more shading into it, especially into the stomach and the back legs. The more shade and depth, the more lively your drawing would feel. But otherwise this is a nice start. I'd encourage you to try out more still life/portraits, as it could help you teach other techniques like perspective and anatomy. Keep up the good work! ;)

• Brohoof 1

I like it, is it a French Bulldog by any chance? It reminds me of one.

yes it is good eye

This is a nice and refreshing picture compared to what we normally get from MLP Forums. Yet from what I can tell it seems that you've drawn this on a photo freely, hence the beefy legs and odd eyes. I'd recommend it if you draw a structure before you start sketching. By making a structure, you get a better idea on where to place body parts. Kind of akin to this simple tutorial, except you're dealing with a dog instead, obviously.

I'd also recommend putting more shading into it, especially into the stomach and the back legs. The more shade and depth, the more lively your drawing would feel. But otherwise this is a nice start. I'd encourage you to try out more still life/portraits, as it could help you teach other techniques like perspective and anatomy. Keep up the good work! ;)

now that is what I call advice. I know exactly what your saying about the structure but I've never been good with doing that to much extra work, but I will give it a shot (just for you ;) ) and I had started out shading it but in the end gave up cause I had other projects that I had to get to, so I just uploaded this and forgot about it. I will try more still life I do enjoy it as a change of pace!! thanks again for the advice :)

This actually isn't that bad.

I think that you did fairly well on the anatomy.

thank you as I look back on the picture I begin to like it more and more  :wub:

Very nice. 10/10

I wish I could draw that good

thank you for the vote of confidence  B)

• Brohoof 1