Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Warmups/preparations at competetions

KatonRyu

Whenever I'm at a major tournament, or watching large sports events on TV or live stream, I really enjoy watching the athletes preparing for their run, or the start of the match.

That tension in the air is, for me, one of the best ways to get in the mood, even if it's a tournament I'm merely watching. It gets me pumped to see people preparing, and when I'm doing my own warming up I still look around at everyone else while they run, lunge, fleche or spar.

Does anyone else have the same feeling? How do you get into a fighting mood (or cheering mood, if you're watching) for a competition?

• Brohoof 2

Hatebreed.

Destroy. Everything.

That and I always have the same person wrap me up. Knows how I like it and we have a rhythm. So much better when you don't have to worry about fixing tape.

Hatebreed.

Destroy. Everything.

That and I always have the same person wrap me up. Knows how I like it and we have a rhythm. So much better when you don't have to worry about fixing tape.

What sport is this? I tape my fingers for fencing but I don't know what your sport is. I like the bloodthirstiness though, although when I let it get to me too much I get sloppy with my actions.

I've been fighting for close to six years. Just shy of sixty Muay Thai bouts, seventeen mixed bouts. Lost track of how many grappling comps Ive been involved in. We didn't have an athletic commission until last year, so BJJ comps have always been way more prevalent in state.

Don't like going more than a state out, most promoters don't pay you for fighting. Spirit of competition and all that bull. Unfortunately, that doesn't put gas in the tank or fix broken hands, stitch cuts, etc.