Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

And massive news out of Pro-Wrestling NOAH! And WWE!

Spoilers for NOAH: Grand Ship 2024

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.020f72fb13579d216fb9f57e115e4c2e.png

We're getting a huge dream match! For the first time ever, Naomichi Marufuji vs. AJ Styles! 

Here's how it happened:

According to (NOAH parent company, Cyberfight, Director) Arihiro Takeda, negotiations for AJ's participation were facilitated by ABEMA, the internet TV service that broadcasts events from both organizations. They successfully invited Shinsuke Nakamura from WWE to the Nippon Budokan event on January 1, 2023, for a match against The Great Muta. When they requested a similar match for this event, WWE responded positively, leading to the current arrangement. WWE likely saw this as an opportunity to promote their brand in Japan.

Takeda selected AJ Styles, who had no previous ties with NOAH, explaining, “WWE Universe (fans) wouldn’t want the WWE worldview to be disrupted. While WWE events come as a package, AJ Styles is the next dream match for Japanese fans after Shinsuke Nakamura.” On the other hand, Marufuji was WWE’s choice for the opponent. “He was the only choice. If you think of a NOAH wrestler known in America, it’s Marufuji. He’s a Japanese legend. It also helps that NOAH has PPV events there.”

NOAH has recently indicated plans to strengthen ties with WWE. Takeda hinted, “There are still various aspects to discuss regarding strengthening our relationship.” Interestingly, on the same day as the Nippon Budokan event, WWE’s Iyo Sky will participate in the women’s wrestling event “Marigold” at Tokyo’s Ryogoku Kokugikan. Fans can look forward to more surprise participations from superstars in the future.

• Brohoof 1

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

On 2024-06-16 at 11:43 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

And massive news out of Pro-Wrestling NOAH! And WWE!

Spoilers for NOAH: Grand Ship 2024

Spoiler

Is this part of the deal from when NOAH borrowed Nakamura? 

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:
  Hide contents

Is this part of the deal from when NOAH borrowed Nakamura? 

Not really. That's just lucky timing. More like a precedent for things moving forward. This is more the ABEMA streaming service getting their clients in TKO and CyberFight to work together. 

• Brohoof 1

The new or latest theme of the Young Bucks is catchy as hell as well.

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

And today is Bloodsport, the ongoing wrestling/MMA hybrid set up by Josh Barnette, where all matches end via KO, TKO, pass out or tap out. And this time, they're taking the show to Japan from the historic Ryogoku Sumo Hall. And joining them are a who's who of MMA and shoot style royalty. It's basically a tribute to Pancrase Mission and Pride FC in pro-wrestling form. 

In the main event, we get the match we should've had back at AEW: Wrestledream: Josh Barnette vs. Jon Moxley. 

r/SquaredCircle - The card for Bloodsport Bushido

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey.

Arnold Schwarzenegger & his brother, Kerry Von Schwarzenegger

r/SquaredCircle - Arnold Schwarzenegger with Kerry Von Erich circa 1985

Their finisher is Get To Tha Choppa?

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

It is only fair that I inform you all of the passing of Jamie Kellner, the former head of Turner Broadcasting, at the age of 77 due to cancer. 

For those that are unaware, Kellner was the man who made the call to end all wrestling programming on Turner stations in 2001, shifting all Turner affiliates away from wrestling for the next 18 years. he was effectively, the man who killed WCW, and by extension, the appeal of pro-wrestling in mainstream America. So it is understandable why most fans have no love lost for him. 

Regardless of all that, Kellner was hugely influential in the realms of 90s and 2000s TV programming, being there for the creation of the Fox TV network as well as the creation of the WB TV network and the launch of many urban, teen and family sitcoms and dramas we all grew up with, as well as the golden years of the Cartoon Network channel from 2001-2003. 

We as fans may hold ire towards the most impactfull decision in wrestling history, but we also cannot let that overshadow the good he did in other facets of thre TV world at the dawn of the 21st century.

Your work is finally done, Jamie Kellner.

May you rest in peace.

Jamie Kellner, First President of Fox, Passes Away at 77 ...

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It is only fair that I inform you all of the passing of Jamie Kellner, the former head of Turner Broadcasting, at the age of 77 due to cancer. 

For those that are unaware, Kellner was the man who made the call to end all wrestling programming on Turner stations in 2001, shifting all Turner affiliates away from wrestling for the next 18 years. he was effectively, the man who killed WCW, and by extension, the appeal of pro-wrestling in mainstream America. So it is understandable why most fans have no love lost for him. 

Regardless of all that, Kellner was hugely influential in the realms of 90s and 2000s TV programming, being there for the creation of the Fox TV network as well as the creation of the WB TV network and the launch of many urban, teen and family sitcoms and dramas we all grew up with, as well as the golden years of the Cartoon Network channel from 2001-2003. 

We as fans may hold ire towards the most impactfull decision in wrestling history, but we also cannot let that overshadow the good he did in other facets of thre TV world at the dawn of the 21st century.

Your work is finally done, Jamie Kellner.

May you rest in peace.

Jamie Kellner, First President of Fox, Passes Away at 77 ...

Rest in Peace, Jamie Kellner. May your legacy live on. :lookup:

As sad as I was to see WCW go at the time as I look back I'm able to not see it through rose-tinted glasses and can see he made the right call. 

And the blocks for G1 Climax 34 have been announced. We're back to the two blocks of twenty format, with a semi-final of the two top points earners of each block facing eachother. We're also having a pair of six man mini-tournaments to qualify for the last spot in each block. And as is tradition, we have some special guests making their G1 debuts. 

• Brohoof 1

Prettiest looking belt in wrestling finally getting a replica and it's unavailable for purchase outside Japan. :(

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now here's some rare loot that just dropped.

Tryout dark matches from one of Pro-Wrestling NOAH's greatest home grown stars, Takeshi Morishima, in WWE. 

• Brohoof 2

And big news out of today's Pro-Wrestling NOAH show.

The line up for their Summer tournament, the N1-Victory has been announced. And we have some special guests this year. From NXT!

image.thumb.png.a4f1f294d5292b0c4a334d92dc8bf793.png

In the A-Block, Josh Briggs will be making his NOAH debut, as will Tavion Heights in the B-Block. They'll be joined by fellow guest entrants, Dragon Gate star Lewis Mante and American indy stand out Titus Alexander respectively. 

This will be the first time WWE wrestlers have been involved in a Japanese round robin since Andre the Giant in the 1986 IWGP league. 

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

This will be the first time WWE wrestlers have been involved in a Japanese round robin since Andre the Giant in the 1986 IWGP league. 

I LOVE how much WWE is working with other wrestling promotions nowadays!😁

I know it's pretty one-sided judging by today but pre- Vince McMahon's departure WWE was in a bubble

and now they're going international for almost every PPV + other shows like these in an effort to expand their

global reach to fans who wouldn't normally get a chance to see their favorite wrestlers in the flesh. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-07-09 at 3:24 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Now here's some rare loot that just dropped.

Tryout dark matches from one of Pro-Wrestling NOAH's greatest home grown stars, Takeshi Morishima, in WWE. 

Ooooh, can’t wait to check this one out. I heard that WWE has been releasing a lot of interesting behind the scenes and more unseen new content now. 

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I LOVE how much WWE is working with other wrestling promotions nowadays!😁

I know it's pretty one-sided judging by today but pre- Vince McMahon's departure WWE was in a bubble

and now they're going international for almost every PPV + other shows like these in an effort to expand their

global reach to fans who wouldn't normally get a chance to see their favorite wrestlers in the flesh. 

This. I am enjoying this era of WWE a lot. I I feel like it’s generally refreshing and fun to watch! I really can’t wait to see what happens when they go onto Netflix and how they take it to the next level. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

This. I am enjoying this era of WWE a lot. I I feel like it’s generally refreshing and fun to watch!

Me, too! I'm actually rooting for everyone on the WWE's roster instead of a few years ago when I would just watch WWE to see Trish Stratus. 

It's like Vince Russo where everyone has a purpose only it's not totally out of control crazy! 

11 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

I really can’t wait to see what happens when they go onto Netflix and how they take it to the next level. 

I honestly don't imagine there being a HUGE change when Raw moves to Netflix. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Me, too! I'm actually rooting for everyone on the WWE's roster instead of a few years ago when I would just watch WWE to see Trish Stratus. 

It's like Vince Russo where everyone has a purpose only it's not totally out of control crazy! 

Yes it’s generally more entertaining than before. Trish Stratus was your only reason to watch back then?  Honestly that is a solid reason :ButtercupLaugh:

Totally,  it’s not crash tv bro! 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Totally,  it’s not crash tv bro! 

I read that in Russo's voice, pal! :angry:

Wanted to share this surprising Youtube recommendation! It’s Cody Rhodes showing up with the WWE title for an interview on Pro Wrestling Noah to discuss Marufuji vs AJ Styles! I have never expected to see something like this!

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I read that in Russo's voice, pal! :angry:

Yes, it was joke, bro! Didja get it bro :ButtercupLaugh:

I think there will be some changes to the production, but probably not a complete overhaul. 

• Brohoof 2

Busy weekend in NJPW.

First off, congrats to Douki for scoring the upset over' Big Brother' El Desperado and winning his first IWGP Jr. heavyweight title.

image.thumb.png.ec8446ce707e6f725055a4fa02447fa4.png

Second, this weekend is the start of the Summer's biggest tourney, G1 Climax 34.

1870_1f1205335d4488f40c95d402f8a0daa4-h844_w1500_crop.jpg

1871_eac32efad422f1b7fea19e758f95fa91-h844_w1500_crop.jpg

Now, you may notice a match missing on the second card. That's because Takeshita's match with Jeff CObb has been rescheduled, so that Takeshita can take part in DDT's biggest show of the year, Wrestle Peter Pan, with this special attraction in the works. 

r/AEWOfficial - Poster for KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Masato Tanaka at DDT Wrestle Peter Pan

Busy weekend. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-07-18 at 8:04 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Yesteday's Dynamite be like:

r/SquaredCircle - My signs for Dynamite 250 in Little Rock tonight.

Does Okada think he's Matt Hardy Version 1?