Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

3 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

The nWo is the greatest faction in wrestling history, in my opinion.

Well, considering Hogan, Hall and Nash teaming up changed wrestling as we know it forever it's hard to disagree with you. :D

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey.

Brock Lesnar's kid.

I never thought I would ever see someone else with the Terra Ryzing hairdo.

HHH88.jpg

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

On 2023-12-06 at 9:57 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey.

Brock Lesnar's kid.

Bully: "My dad could totally beat up your dad." :Posey-grimace:

Brock's daughter: "Do you even know who my dad is?" :zipp-wut:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is pretty cool.

UJPWFormed.jpg

Eight of the biggest feds in Japan have now formed The United Japan Pro-Wrestling group. This alliance is gonna help all the feds get on the same page regarding responses to emergencies like another covid or another typhoon flooding Tokyo again, as well as lobbying with the government for proper support to run their events safely. The Puroresu scene is still in shambles. Having arch rivals now joining forces shows how bad things are. But perhaps high tide can raise all ships. And we can get some dream matches going. 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It's not even 2024 yet and that year is already looking to have a crazy start.

On Ja. 3rd, the AJPW Triple Crown champion will receive a challenger.

From NXT!

Wow. I think he's retired but I'm guessing Tyler Breeze. I mean, he's already faced Jushin Thunder Liger. :mlp_smug:

We're gonna be eating well this week everypony. 

Saturday is gonna be AEW: World's End. With Joe vs. MJF II for the World title, Edge vs. Christian II: No DQ for the TNT title, Abadon vs. Julie (Black) Hart for the TBS title, a TNT MITB battle royal, Yuta vs. Hook for the FTW title and the eagerly anticipated final to American TV's first ever round robin wrestling tournament, the Continental Classic. The American equivalent to The G1 Climax, The N1-Victory or more thematically appropriate, The Champion Carnival. 

The winner will be crowned the first ever AEW Continental champion. But B-block's Eddie Kingston has sweetened the deal. He put the NJPW Strong Openweight title and the ROH world title up for grabs to be unified with the Continental to form the American Triple Crown, just as Jumbo Tsuruta did when he beat Stan Hansen to unify the NWA International with the NWA United National and PWF World Heavyweight titles. Eddie has overcome the odds and made it to the finals. And so did Jon Moxley. The rivalry that kept AEW afloat in 2020 is getting revisited in Eddie's own backyard. The only thing standing between him and doing what his heroes in All Japan did is a man that not only he's never beaten, but a man who made him say "I Quit."  

Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston Continental Classic finals set for AEW ...

Three days after that, Pro-Wrestling NOAH will be hosting their new years show. 

Lucha Underground vet Daga will defend the GHC jr. title against Eita. Lucha extraordinaires Los escorpionos defend the GHC jr. tag tiles in a triple threat against Ninja Mack & Alejandro and Tadasuke & Yo-Hey. Go Shiozaki looks to avenge his defeat against Satoshi Kojima in a battle of chops and lariats. Masa Saito battles his dad Tomohiro Ishii. Our first Co-Main event has the ace of NOAH and resident angry karate man, Kenoh defend the GHC heavyweight title against former tag partner Manabu Soya. And in main event II, Mr. NOAH himself, Naomichi Marufuji will finally face his dream opponent, Kota Ibushi. 

Post image

And two days after that is WrestleKingdom 18. The best wrestling show all year. 

The KOPW battle royal. TJP & AKira vs. Maloney & Connors for the IWGP jr. tag titles. The pres. of NJPW vs. ZSJ for the TV title. ELP & Hikuleo vs. Bishamon III in a winner take all tag title unification match. Despy vs. Hiromu one more time for the IWGP jr. title. Will Ospreay vs. Jon Moxley vs. Finlay Jr. to crown the new IWGP Global champion. Danielson vs. Okada II. And G1 Climax winner Tetsuya Naito gets one last chance to headline the dome against IWGP WHC, Sanada. 

Post image

And the day after that is New Years Dash. The WK after party and mystery show that is free to watch. 

Happy wrestling evcerypony! 

If you have some time to spare and are wondering what the big deal is with classic puroresu in Japan, well have I got a movie to show you about the most iconic rivalry of the '90s golden age. 

Oh and if you want to see what the big deal is about STARDOM, they're offering a whole PPV free for a limited time due to a broad cast screw up on their end. So catch the entirety of their year end supershow, Dream Queendom, for free!'

14 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

Thank god that Kevin Dunn is gone, I’m looking forward to hearing what Jim Cornette has to say about this.

My thoughts on Cornette's response: 76b7fe5f-4c58-4431-899c-790e5d80cf1b_tex :P

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

The greatest belated Christmas gift: watching Raw without motion sickness

On 2023-12-30 at 9:23 PM, TheRockARooster said:

Thank god that Kevin Dunn is gone, I’m looking forward to hearing what Jim Cornette has to say about this.

On 2023-12-30 at 9:05 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

We're all happy now but will Kevin Dunn being gone be good for WWE in the long run? 

Also, I wonder if we've been seeing Kevin Dunn's replacements work for a while without knowing it. 

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

We're all happy now but will Kevin Dunn being gone be good for WWE in the long run? 

Also, I wonder if we've been seeing Kevin Dunn's replacements work for a while without knowing it. 

Once you've watched wrestling outside his production style, you can't unsee it. I imagine will be seeing production cues taken from the UFC side of things.  

You know where he won't end up? The company celebrating it's 5th Birthiversary today.

On 2019-01-01 at 2:02 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Okay hold off on your list making.

Serious breaking news on BTE!

And for those too lazy to watch the episode, I'll break it down for you. 

See the source image

The Bucks, Cody and Hangman are all forming their own wrestling fed. And it's being backed by wrestling fan and the owner of the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars Tony Khan, one of the few people in the world with a bank account to rival the McMahon family. 

And they've announced their first event. 

See the source image

This is huge. There hasn't been a fed with the resources to challenge WWE in 18 years. They only thing that's missing is a TV deal, and with both Khans influence and potential big names like Y2J allegedly on board, it seems like a lock that will happen 

• Brohoof 1

And WrestleKingdom is tomorrow/ later today everypony! 

Here' have a whole ass press conference breaking everything down.

20240104_iwgp-world.jpg

20240104_okada-vs-bryan.jpg

20240104_iwgp-global_12%E6%9C%8811%E6%97

20240104_iwgp-jr.jpg

20240104_iwgpstrong-tag_12%E6%9C%8811%E6

20240104_never.jpg

20240104_vs4_umino-kiyomiya-vs-evil-nari

20240104_vs3_tsuji-vs-uemura.jpg

20240104_world-tv.jpg

20240104_iwgp-jr-tag.jpg

20240104_vs0_kopw.jpg

• Brohoof 1