Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shape of Pony Plushie...?

Nervous Stitch

After I finished Sea Shanty, I figured I should do some kind of canon character. 

I tried to play with my pattern a little bit and improve some of the issues, but I'm not sure if I created more. I would love some criticism and help with whats wrong with her head, mostly.

post-31687-0-86425000-1426447972_thumb.jpg

If you can pick out any weird bits that I cannot, please let me know! With Rarity being pure white, it makes picturing taking a little difficult so some of her leg definition is lost. I know her cutie mark is a little tiny, her head is a little lumpy (which gets balanced with the mane easily) she has a tab on her butt (which will be covered as soon as my tail fabric comes here, which will be here as soon as fabric.com operates like an actual business  :okiedokielokie: ) but my main curiosity with her profile is her chin.

In the above pic, is the length from the top of the neck to the bottom of her muzzle too long? I also worry about the front of her head being too pronounced and rounded, and colliding with her muzzle to make a weird angle. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

post-31687-0-58169700-1426447974_thumb.jpg

From the front she looks like a fish. :(  This is probably what drives me nuts the most! The only way I can think of fixing her monocular dilemma is to remove that gusset (the fabric strip between her sides of the face) and enlarge the gusset in the back. Removing the gusset up front would be difficult since it also thickens the muzzle, which looks silly so thin. I tried to "remove" the front gusset by pinning, as below.

post-31687-0-67960000-1426447977_thumb.jpg

The only thing is, this would make the eyes move forward a little bit to compensate, and then her profile would look silly, like so.

post-31687-0-27287700-1426447979_thumb.jpg

I'm stumped.  :lol: Do you guys think there is enough of an issue with the front to even bother with fixing? Show style wise, the ponies don't really follow a 3rd model to look "correct" all ways round. I'm not sure if I just need to accept I'm being a little critical on myself!

Thank you all so much!  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Muzzle looks too protruding in her side view in my opinion. Is it the angle or is her legs a bit long? It might look shorter with her tail on. Everything is a bit hard to judge without any mane. You could add some pieces at the muzzle to make it rounder in the front view but I think it's better not to complicate things. You could try extending the middle piece to the muzzle but I can't really imagine whether it will work or not. It looks fine, I'm just being a bit nit picky.

I really appreciate your feedback!

You're right about the muzzle. I may leave Rarity as is and just shorten it back down for later plushies. The middle piece currently does run to the muzzle and give it some body, but not enough to be obscenely noticeable.

I'm not sure on the legs, to be honest. They're show proportional..not to a tee,but close enough so they are in that general range. It may just not look pony like enough without the mane/tail.

Again, thank you so much. I think it's difficult to get criticism rather than praise here sometimes, so thank you for being willing to contribute. :)