Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Elements

LordSwinton

Midnight looked at Caliber, "You're sounding kind of creepy with that comment." Freak, she thought. Midnight continued munching down the pancakes. She finished them very quickly. "Excuse me," Midnight squeaked, "Can I please have some more pancakes? They're delish!"

caliber frowned, and widened his eyes a bit. his eyes got kind of hazy. midnight's aura started floating around her. a dark blue meant silently judging. "oh, thinking bad about me, i see." caliber said, causally. he shrugged, and went back to eating. "suit yourself." he said, "imma eat more waffles."

Amber shifted uncomfortably as the ponies continued eating and talking. While she waited, she stepped into a more open space in the room and tested out her wings again. They kept her afloat a few seconds before she landed back on her hooves.

It feels real, she thought, but a feeling of uncertainty bubbled continuously in the back of her head. She tried to clear her mind, but it only resulted in further headache.

Amber let out a groan of pain and brought her head down to the cold tile floor.

"What's going on here? With my head..." she looked to Starchase.

"Why...why are we here again?"

"For the love of-, do something useful and get a medic will you?!" He shouted angrily yet desperately at the guards who scrambled off to find one. "What's happening?!" He felt like he was going insane, almost like they was having a sudden existential crisis.

(edited)

Arcing Storm
@@Midnight_Aurora

"Ready? I wish to see who you truely are beyond that which can be seen. Will you open your heart to me? Take you time before you answer. Let your heart guide your choice."

"I'm ready." Storm spread his wings and was about to take off before a guard came running over to him. "Sir Storm! I have an important message for you!" The Pegasus reported. Storm retracted his wings and looked at the guard. "What is it?" He questioned the guardpony. "We have just received bad news that Techy have been..." The guard paused as an sad expression took over him. "...killed while flying over the Sombra Empire's Territory sir..."

Storm was devastated. "Y-You are d-dismissed..." With a shaky voice, he dismissed the guard and he saluted to Storm, quickly heading off soon after. Storm stood there, staring at the ground for a while and looked up at Chrysteel. "I'm s-sorry... But w-we will have to f-fly later..." He apologized and started to stumble to his quarters, his mind going fuzzy suddenly due to him remembering so many memories. His mind suddenly went blank as he collapsed onto the ground, shutting down to prevent him from being overloaded with emotions, thus rendering him unconscious.

Edited by Arcing Storm

Chrysteel felt his surface emotions and desides to comfort him. She pics him up and and takes him to the infirmary. She stays by his side waiting feeling and listening. She says, "A friend doesn't leave a friend alone in their time of need. A true friend will comfort their friend." She goes to sleep with a wings draped over him. She truely wishes to help him. "Please open your heart to me." She says right before she falls asleep. Those around her know that to move her would be to anger her.

"No, I-I'm alright," Amber said, eyes shut tight in concentration. "I just started...forgetting something." She lifted her head slowly and sat down on the cold floor. She looked into Stormchaser's eyes searchingly. He looked a little more alive now than he had earlier--the cloud of uncertainty had briefly dissolved in his panic.

"Something...something is trying to mess with our heads," Amber said in an exasperated tone. I won't let it get to me...

"Can't you feel it?" She looked at him with a desperate sort of hope.

"Amber, you're kinda acting a little," Midnight made an awkward face, "Coco bananas, ya know?" "I don't feel anything. Maybe you just need some rest." she said, wondering if something was in the pancakes. Pancake sorcery? Pancake sorcery MUST be it if Amber is feeling weird!

Starchase smiled sadly at minty alicorn on the floor and sat beside her. "Sometimes, it's like the whole world's gone absolutely bonkers and I'm the only sane one. My parents always told me I was a little...off, I was always a wild thing." He laughed lightly but figured he should be getting to his point. "Even if everything isn't real, I know I am. And you can't doubt your own existence either. It's a mad world but we're living in it. We are real. The bond we share between all of us is...real. I think." He said in a small voice, lacking his previous confidence. He could feel something was missing. It felt like they were incomplete. Like somepony was missing. 

• Brohoof 1

Arcing Storm

Storm woke up shortly after his breakdown, opening his eyes to see Chrysteel's wing covering him. He slowly sneaked from under her wing without waking her up, gently opening the door and went to his bunk. Once there, he gathered a few things and put them into his saddlebags, including a framed picture of him and his friend. When he thought he had gotten everything, he walked to the door and spread his wings, preparing for take off until a guard tried to stop him.

"Sir? Where are you going?" The guardpony questioned and Storm let out a loud growl. "To settle a few things with the Sombran Empire. Now leave me alone." A strong gust of wind went straight at the guard when Storm took off.

Ignoring Midnight's comments, Amber stared blankly at Starchase.

"Even if everything isn't real, I know I am. And you can't doubt your own existence either. It's a mad world but we're living in it. We are real. The bond we share between all of us is...real. I think." He said in a small voice, lacking his previous confidence. He could feel something was missing. It felt like they were incomplete. Like somepony was missing.

...What?

Everything isn't real. She hasn't considered that yet, but Starchase said it with such certainty that she couldn't help but be surprised.

"What do you mean?" She managed, a tinge of fear in her voice. Was this the cause of her headache? Had she subconsciously been trying to break from some sort of mental trap? Amber stood up suddenly. Her voice became grave.

"Where are the others?" She said quickly.

"I mean to say that no matter what happens, I'm here." He tried to calm her down but end up getting back onto his feet as well. "The others are most likely having some fun, relaxing and whatever. Caliber's probably looking for something to kill, Lektra's doing her tech thing, Chrys and Storm having a fun of private time. Loco Coco's there stuffing her face. Relax, everything's fine. In fact they're great! I heard my parents are visiting soon after they get clearance to come in. Things are as good as they get, it's been a bit tense with all the politics going on but on a whole, we've been good." He puts a hoof around her reassuringly and tries his best to be supportive.

(okay, i guess im not in the breakfast room anymore :wacko: )

caliber was in the bedroom, polishing his sword. he grinned when it shone, and sheathed it. he looked around. "now...how does royalty kill time?" he asked himself, "i guess i could eat cake...maybe train? ah, ill just do what i normally do. which is namely, wander." he put on his cloak, buckled his sword in, and walked out.

I suddenly felt Sparky was in the compound. That can't be right, can it? Our link went on for a sizeable distance, so for me to have not sensed him before was weird. I tracked him through the halls and to a room labeled Repair/Maintenance. A couple of guards were trying to reattach one of his claws and having absolutely no luck.

"Alright, who dampened my link with Sparky? Speak up so I can throw you off the edge of the clouds." I said with a completely straight face. I wasn't laughing one bit.

Nopony said anything. "Oh, wise guys eh? Well for your information you don't have the knowhow to make this repair. It works like this. Doesn't even need tools." I focused my magic and melted the broken pieces together. Sparky flexed the repaired claw and moved to my side.

We headed back to find the others. I wasn't hungry anymore after that big breakfast, but I was restless. If this really was a school nopony was doing a good job of teaching us anything. I felt like everything was right for now, with Sparky having been found. Still no idea what he was doing there, but at least he was found. Though I couldn't shake the feeling of the wings not feeling like my own. But back to being restless, I did feel like I'd never finished my duel with Caliber so I asked the guards where he was and they directed me to the bedroom I'd trashed. He was in the middle of the debris in the partially destroyed room just polishing his sword.

"Hey, feel like finishing that duel we never finished? I could swear we had been dueling last night."

caliber looked up at her, and grinned. "sure, i felt the same way. shall we finish where we left off, or start new?" he got up, and started walking out, "and with that big breakfast, ill be a tad faster, so ya better watch your-" he stopped abruptly, "oh, hello. whats this?" he bent down to look at sparky. "this is quite the piece of tech ya got there..." he said, "did ya use steel, or titanium?" he poked it a couple times.

"Everything is real Amber, stop getting yourself into anxiety fit!" Midnight squeaked, "If this wasn't real, how would we still be here? How would I be here. How would we be living." This was making Midnight very cross, she didn't like things not making sense.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Amber looked warily at Midnight, a hint of sympathy in her honey-coloured eyes.

You're in denial, Amber thought, but she didn't dare speak it and risk pushing his nervous filly over the edge. She simply shook her head, ever so slightly.

"Perhaps we should go for a walk," Amber suggested, in a tone that she hoped conveyed calmness and bravery. "Maybe we'll figure something out."

Edited by AmberDust

Chrysteel woke when she didn't feel something. She looks around and doesn't see Arcing Storm. She knew his heart was in pain but she didn't know how much. She asks a nearby guard, "Where did Arcing Storm go?" She looks worried. She thinks, 'I have to find him, before he gets himself killed.'

• Brohoof 1

Midnight's eyes were glinting with fear, "But...but...why?" The foal hadn't been wary of anything, though all of this talk was making her frightened on many levels. Midnight's eyes were about to let loose tears, she hadn't been liking this suspicion. The filly looked up at Amber, "Wh-what are you trying to find?"

Amber offered the filly a comforting smile.

"Whatever I can," she said simply, walking up to Midnight with outstretched wings.

"It'll be fun--like a little royal adventure," she said, nudging the filly playfully, then she looked over to Starchase and nodded.

"We'd best stick together, though," she added.

"Of course," He nodded at Amber. He rather disapproved of Amber's sudden line of questioning, seeing as how it upset Midnight and by extension upsetting him too, but played along. It was an adventure, no matter how small, was still an adventure. And he didn't want to sour the mood further.

Midnight smiled a little, "Okay!"  "So where will we go?" she asked, a new pip in her step, "The Everfree?" The foal didn't shiver or cower at the Everfree, it kind of seemed like home to her. She used to be a bat pony, and vampire bat would fly there. It almost comforted her to see others of her kind.

• Brohoof 1

"Just a walk around the school," Amber said casually, happy to see the filly's spirits rising. The idea of adventuring in the Everfree was definitely preferable, but just trying to leave this building might pose a problem, and that was a theory Amber wasn't quite willing to test yet.

"Where should we start?" she said aloud.

@@Midnight_Aurora

"Where did Arcing Storm go?"

The guard was walking in to see what was the open door about and jolted in surprise when Chrysteel asked him. He straighten up and answered her. "He was heading to the Sombran Empire alone as I have heard, madam. He also told us not to follow him as he wanted to be alone."

"First we step out I suppose." Starchase opened the door for them and closed it behind them as they stepped out of the kitchen. " We could go peak over the edge or go for a fly?" He suggested. Flying seemed like such an odd concept to him. It was as though he hadn't ever took to the skies before. Had he?