Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help creating Fluttershy's daughter

nx9100

(edited)

I'm working on the next chapter of my fanfic, Legacy: The New Adventure, and need some help!  The story takes place in the future, and Chapter 10 will introduce Fluttershy's daughter as the leader of the surviving Pegasus Ponies.  However, I am finding it difficult to choose a name and description/appearance for her, since I personally don't know much about the character.  So, I'm throwing it open for suggestions/ideas! 

Please keep in mind that the father (and you can choose him as well if you want, thought not required) MUST be a Pegasus pony as well.  This is a plot necessity.  sorry for those who ship her with Discord, it wouldn't fit into the story (I can explain that in a PM if you want, though it might spoiler a small part).  

Right now I'm not really looking for artwork (unless you REALLY want to, lol).  Just a name and description will do.  In the story's timeframe, she would be fully adult in age.  

Feel free to ask any questions.  Thanks for the assistance!  

EDIT: almost forgot!  You'll receive full credit for creating the character!

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 1

You should really look into genetics and how cannon parents affect their child's appearance. For psychological characteristics, I think Fluttershy's daughter would be a more extrovert mare, as the saying goes in french: "A greedy father has a generous child", meaning characteristics in the parents will be the opposite of those in their child's.

But really, I don't know how she will be. Just keep in mind children will be willing to follow their parent's behavior when they are little, but as they grow up, they kind of get away from that.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think she'd be good like this:

With the name Rosie Gardens. (I know you said art was un-needed but when I create Characters I open up the program and just mess around until i find something good. XD)

Hope I helped :P post-33604-0-62555900-1433109585_thumb.png

:3 I like it so...... idk.... Thanks for the opinion

The colors do hurt eyes, but if they are legit, who is the father then?

Also, hairstyle is NOT a hereditary characteristic. I don't know why so many artist think it is...

Also, hairstyle is NOT a hereditary characteristic. I don't know why so many artist think it is...

Hairstyle is not, but hair colour, thickness, and texture is. :)

How about "Feather Dust". :P Names are easier when you know a bit about the personality/design.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A pony can do their hairstyle however way they wish just as humans do....

and I have created a pony who the father can be, Justice Fire.

Plus, either way, genes from Fluttershy's family can be doing this to make her look like this.

You still make a very good argument

post-33604-0-68027000-1433120630_thumb.png

Edited by ponysrule

Hairstyle is not, but hair colour, thickness, and texture is. :)

How about "Feather Dust". :P Names are easier when you know a bit about the personality/design.

I like that name, works well for it.

(edited)

A pony can do their hairstyle however way they wish just as humans do....

and I have created a pony who the father can be, Justice Fire.

Plus, either way, genes from Fluttershy's family can be doing this to make her look like this.

You still make a very good argument

attachicon.gifJustice Fire.png

Colors still hurt a bit. Try not using full saturation colors, your rendered ponies will lookmuch nicer.

And care to give us some info on JF? Where does he come from? Why did he do it with Flutter? Why didn't Flutter choose any other pony than him?

Also, when looking at his coat color, Fluttershy's and their daughters', there isn't really any correlation or genetic logic in it... Normally, ponies do not obey the laws of genetics like we do, but still have some kind of logic, liked mixed colors or more or less intense ones. 

As for the name OP, choose it according to how the daughter is going to be, and not according to Fluttershy or the father. You need to remember that a pony's name represents her past, her future, her cutie mark, everything that she was and will be. The name choices are endless, so choose well.

Edited by MCAsomm

(edited)

Good morning, everypony!!  

I want to thank you all for your suggestions and ideas!  and perfect timing, as I am right at the point in my chapter where this character is being introduced, lol.  

My roommate (who loves Fluttershy) came up with the idea below (though I think she went a little nuts with the cutie mark), with the name Angel Berry.  Though, like what you were talking about @@MCAsomm, she just made Fluttershy with different colors.  @, if you don't mind, I'd like to try the image you created, with the colors my roommate came up with.  

As for the name, I'm thinking about combining a few of the suggestions here.  what do you all think about either Angel Dust (from @@AmberDust's suggestion), or Angel Feather?  Roommate's suggestion was that Fluttershy might name her daughter after her old pet bunny, Angel.  

thoughts?

My roommate's suggestion....

post-28325-0-41321600-1433161723_thumb.jpg

Oh, and @, , Justice Fire looks interesting.  Is he an OC of yours, or something you just came up with?  Any bio-info on him that I might be able to use in story?

Any other father ideas are still welcome!  (as long as a Pegasus pony).  cannon or OC's are welcome! ( oc would be like a cameo appearance.) 

UPDATE

Ok, so I played around in the creator.  Tried to combine the suggestions together, and came up with this:

post-28325-0-01100300-1433163154_thumb.png

Took the colors my roommate had, with the design from @.  I just changed her expression to look more concerned, and made her a bit taller, since she's supposed to be an adult mare.  Also added the secondary mane color from @'s Justice Fire, just to show a little connection, lol.

Thoughts?

Edited by nx9100

I want to thank you all for your suggestions and ideas!  and perfect timing, as I am right at the point in my chapter where this character is being introduced, lol.  

My roommate (who loves Fluttershy) came up with the idea below (though I think she went a little nuts with the cutie mark), with the name Angel Berry.  Though, like what you were talking about @@MCAsomm, she just made Fluttershy with different colors.  @, if you don't mind, I'd like to try the image you created, with the colors my roommate came up with.  

As for the name, I'm thinking about combining a few of the suggestions here.  what do you all think about either Angel Dust (from @@AmberDust's suggestion), or Angel Feather?  Roommate's suggestion was that Fluttershy might name her daughter after her old pet bunny, Angel.  

thoughts?

attachicon.gifAngel Berry.jpg

Oh, and @@AmberDust, Justice Fire looks interesting.  Is he an OC of yours, or something you just came up with?  Any bio-info on him that I might be able to use in story?

Any other father ideas are still welcome!  (as long as a Pegasus pony).  cannon or OC's are welcome! ( oc would be like a cameo appearance.) 

UPDATE

Ok, so I played around in the creator.  Tried to combine the suggestions together, and came up with this:

attachicon.gifAngel Feather.png

Took the colors my roommate had, with the design from @.  I just changed her expression to look more concerned, and made her a bit taller, since she's supposed to be an adult mare.  Also added the secondary mane color from @'s Justice Fire, just to show a little connection, lol.

Thoughts?

She looks awesome. And Justice Fire is one of my OC's I can either PM you his backstory or comment it here.

• Brohoof 1

She looks awesome. And Justice Fire is one of my OC's I can either PM you his backstory or comment it here.

thanks!  and i'd love to read his backstory.  You can link/post it here, or in a PM to me, your choice!  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I want to thank you all for your suggestions and ideas! and perfect timing, as I am right at the point in my chapter where this character is being introduced, lol.

My roommate (who loves Fluttershy) came up with the idea below (though I think she went a little nuts with the cutie mark), with the name Angel Berry. Though, like what you were talking about @@MCAsomm, she just made Fluttershy with different colors. @, if you don't mind, I'd like to try the image you created, with the colors my roommate came up with.

As for the name, I'm thinking about combining a few of the suggestions here. what do you all think about either Angel Dust (from @@AmberDust's suggestion), or Angel Feather? Roommate's suggestion was that Fluttershy might name her daughter after her old pet bunny, Angel.

thoughts?

attachicon.gifAngel Berry.jpg

Oh, and @@AmberDust, Justice Fire looks interesting. Is he an OC of yours, or something you just came up with? Any bio-info on him that I might be able to use in story?

Any other father ideas are still welcome! (as long as a Pegasus pony). cannon or OC's are welcome! ( oc would be like a cameo appearance.)

UPDATE

Ok, so I played around in the creator. Tried to combine the suggestions together, and came up with this:

attachicon.gifAngel Feather.png

Took the colors my roommate had, with the design from @. I just changed her expression to look more concerned, and made her a bit taller, since she's supposed to be an adult mare. Also added the secondary mane color from @'s Justice Fire, just to show a little connection, lol.

Thoughts?

Hm, can't really pronounce myself on this now. You should tell me who the father is so I have a better idea.

Edit: Why would JF be the father? Why not a closer colt like say Big Mac, Caramel or any other cannon character?

As a father, I think (please don't kill me) Flash would actually be a more plausible choice. He is underdevelloped, giving you a real wide range of possibilities to play around with, and his psychological characteristics also match Flutter's quite well. I don't really see why you should choose an OC for the father. Unless it's yours, you have almost no space to change him to make him fit in the story, and pairing OCs with cannon characters is very difficult, if not almost impossible.

Edited by MCAsomm
  • Brohoof 2

Hm, can't really pronounce myself on this now. You should tell me who the father is so I have a better idea.

Edit: Why would JF be the father? Why not a closer colt like say Big Mac, Caramel or any other cannon character?

I've been adding in friend's OC's to my story, like cameos, just for fun.  And JF was the first suggestion for a possible mate for Fluttershy, so figured why not.  Never planned on having the father in the story, only mentioned.  At the time it takes place, Fluttershy is elderly, the last remaining member of the original Mane Six, and herself will only get a small cameo.  the daughter is a supporting character, and will feature in chapters 10-12, then return near the end.

• Brohoof 1

I have his bio! 

{sorry it took so long, it was on my lost flashdrive....}

Name: Justice Fire

Cutie Mark: His cutie mark is a Lightning bolt with a flower. It represences his love of being a fast flyer, but even so it shows he is a gentle person.

Personality: Justice doesn't care what ponies think of him, as long as they don't insult his love for flying or animals. He loves other ponies, but he is like a turtle coming out of his shell; when you meet him he may not even TALK to you. But, when you get to know him, he's just about as crazy as Pinkie Pie!

idk.. What do you think?
  • Brohoof 1

I have his bio! 

{sorry it took so long, it was on my lost flashdrive....}

Name: Justice Fire

Cutie Mark: His cutie mark is a Lightning bolt with a flower. It represences his love of being a fast flyer, but even so it shows he is a gentle person.

Personality: Justice doesn't care what ponies think of him, as long as they don't insult his love for flying or animals. He loves other ponies, but he is like a turtle coming out of his shell; when you meet him he may not even TALK to you. But, when you get to know him, he's just about as crazy as Pinkie Pie!

idk.. What do you think?

I like him!  sounds like a nice match with Fluttershy.  Was only going to have her husband mentioned, but might give him a quick cameo,  ;)

I like him!  sounds like a nice match with Fluttershy.  Was only going to have her husband mentioned, but might give him a quick cameo,  ;)

Cool! Glad he's liked! I'm soo messy though. I've lost 3 flash drives and only found one of them. The one he's on, of course... ANYWAY, Happy I helped!  :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cool! Glad he's liked! I'm soo messy though. I've lost 3 flash drives and only found one of them. The one he's on, of course... ANYWAY, Happy I helped!  :P

hopefully, I'll have chapter 10 finished and published in the next day or so. (link to story in my signature below).  Justice Fire and Fluttershy will either be in 10 or 11.  Angel Feather will be in 10, 11, and 12.  I'll let you know when they appear!   

EDIT:  might get a commissioned portrait of Fluttershy, Justice Fire, and Angel Feather....

Edited by nx9100

hopefully, I'll have chapter 10 finished and published in the next day or so. (link to story in my signature below).  Justice Fire and Fluttershy will either be in 10 or 11.  Angel Feather will be in 10, 11, and 12.  I'll let you know when they appear!   

EDIT:  might get a commissioned portrait of Fluttershy, Justice Fire, and Angel Feather....

Yay! I'll check it out now! :P

(edited)

So, what's the status report? Anything I can contribute? (A sketch, a name, and idea?)

Well, I played around in the creator, and tried to combine the suggestions together, and came up with this:

post-28325-0-39885100-1433190848_thumb.png

Took the colors my roommate had, with the design from @.  I just changed her expression to look more concerned, and made her a bit taller, since she's supposed to be an adult mare.  Also added the secondary mane color from @'s Justice Fire, just to show a little connection.  was thinking about using him as the father (just a cameo in the story).

as for her name, kinda combined your suggestions with my roommate's, and came up with Angel Feather.  But please, feel free to offer any other ideas/suggestions you have!  haven't had a chance to type out her appearance in the chapter yet, so still up for discussion! 

Edited by nx9100

Hmm...I might post a sketch later. I think PonyCreator kind of limits your imagination.

Also, I kind of think it would be best if the father was either a canon character, or just remain unknown from the reader. It would make things a little easier for you, as the author, and add a potential reveal later on.

(edited)

Hmm...I might post a sketch later. I think PonyCreator kind of limits your imagination.

true.  I have been creating basic pics on that, but having an artist create better vectors of them for me.

Also, I kind of think it would be best if the father was either a canon character, or just remain unknown from the reader. It would make things a little easier for you, as the author, and add a potential reveal later on.

I was originally going to leave it unknown.  But have been tossing in friend's OC's here and there as little call-outs/cameos, so thought I'd so something similar.  still up for grabs, though.... 

Edited by nx9100