Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cryptozoology

Grtxkkyz

Sasquatch-esque creatures I've ways thought as plausible. Maybe not in Japan, as there is less wilderness there, but definitely in north America, mainland Asia, and other places.

Giant creatures in the ocean are always plausible as well. We've barely explored the oceans, and there are thousands of species we don't know about. Now, granted a giant octopus/squid might be harder to miss than some weird shrimp from the abyssal zone, but it took a really long time to discover giant squid since they generally live quite deep, so you never know.

I'm skeptical of lake monsters, since lakes are landlocked, so I doubttuere would be enough room for any large creature, especially if we assume that in order for the creature to be there, there must be a breeding population.

The explanation of Trunko as a globster makes sense to me. But again, the ocean is full of stuff we don't know about, so maybe :/

• Brohoof 2

Ningens.Cool but weird!!!.They're a proof that fishpeople is real

I don't know, I find them just really beautiful in a really weird way. It'd be really cool if something that neat turned out to be real.

Strangely,Wikipedia doesn't have an article about them,given the fact that due to these videos they are now as popular as the loch ness monster.However,japanese myths tell stories about creatures known as UmiBozu,which are spirtis of people who have drowned.

Here's more info about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umib%C5%8Dzu

Early Ningen sighthings???Nobody knows

Cryto i believe means time and zoo means animalia and logy means the study of, so is it the study of animals before time?

You're thinking of "chrono", which means "time".

"Crypto" means "hidden", so cryptozoology literally means "the study of hidden animals". In normal discussion, it refers to the study of animals that haven't been proven to exist. Such animals include things like the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, Chupacabra, and others of that sort, and are referred to as "cryptids."

Edited by Evilshy

Ah, yes.

I love cryptids.

I'm pretty confident that there's some kind of sasquatch-like creatures out there.

As well as giant fish.

I mean, the giant squid was a cryptid, but then they discovered it!

But I really hope some day they find enough evidence about sasquatches to believe they are real.

• 2 months later...

Cool,but i think Megalania is now extinct

We, Komodo dragons are still around, and those are pretty damn big, so a lizard that size can definitely exist. There's plenty of wilderness in Australia, so I don't think it can be ruled out :/

Anyway, still a Sasquatch believer :)

I don't think sasquatch/yeti/bigfoot/etc. is real. No hard evidence whatsoever supports them and no good theories exists that explain why if a giant apelike creature exists in the North American wilderness, why we havent found any hard evidence

Anything is possible but for example: why haven't we found any bones? We've found plenty of bones of gorrillas in the congo but no bigfoot bones

Actually, I still remember the craze behind the chupacabra during the 90's in Mexico. I still think the whole thing was a total sham, what with the theory of them being bloodsucking aliens and all. I mean honestly there's just something off with those descriptions

Posted Image

(edited)

Actually, I still remember the craze behind the chupacabra during the 90's in Mexico. I still think the whole thing was a total sham, what with the theory of them being bloodsucking aliens and all. I mean honestly there's just something off with those descriptions

Posted Image

Seems legit

Edited by Jarrettlicious

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that Sasquatch/Bigfoot is out there somewhere, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, I just look at how much remote forest there are in North America and all over the world, and seeing that, the possibility grows in my opinion.

The reason I think no bones are found is because when they die, it's in a remote area and the bones get buried or taken by other animals, places where humans don't usually go. I mean it just seems quite simple to me, but this is just my personal opinion on this, I guess I'm an open minded individual. All the reports I've read have similar characteristics, and it just seems to add up. We find undiscovered animals every year, why wouldn't there be an ape in these parts that is just not discovered yet.

It would be pretty cool to have a sighting, as I live around lots of forest and mountains :)