Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Changelings Return analysis

lecktro_p1xels

So, since season 2 finale, the changelings haven't been of any mention in the show. They (creators and ponies) seemed to have forgotten the fact that changelings still exist in the borders of equestria and never refer to them for gags for shining armor.

Since they are not destroyed or imprisoned, they can be planning on the second attack... Which they did in the comics, ending up being imprisoned, and then jailbreak-ed and let loose by Twilight (great job twi, can't believe you fell for that). In which they can plan up another attack (and obviously foiled in the end).

episode spoiler:

You guys saw the 100th episode with a changeling sitting in the wedding. What could he possibly be doing in there? Leeching off the love? That's it? I don't think so.

What do you guys think? What are the chances of them returning in the current season? Or next season? Soon to be movie? Are the chances rising or falling as more episode comes out?

I thought the Changeling was a friend of Cranky's, but apparently (s)he is actually Matilda's friend. In any case, I think (s)he was just there to enjoy the wedding.

I hope the Changelings come back, but I doubt they will. Villains don't recur on this show.

Well, I'm pretty confident the Changeling in episode 100 was just another gag they threw in for fun, but regarding a possible return. In general...

Based on the information given for this season thus far, I do not see a return of Changelings. But in the Season 2 finale, you do see see that the Changelings and Chrysalis are scattered after their defeat. I can imagine a future return, either with them taking revenge, or the Mane Six helping a stray Changeling (possibly even Chrysalis) who is lost and/or malnourished.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure that changeling was in the 100th episode just for laughs.

There really isn't more to it.

Currently as far as we know, there's little reason to suspect Changelings will be involved in Season 5. Perhaps as a cameo or a subplot in 1 episode but not in the finale which seems to deal a lot more with cutie marks and quite likely Starlight Glimmer.

As for the lone Changeling at Cranky and Matilda's wedding, I like to think he was invited as a guest and friend, accidental or otherwise. As we've seen with Cranky and Steven Magnet (or Pinkie), friendship can be found even with the oddest of pairs. 

CHANGELING AMONG US? In Putting Your Hoof down, everypony suddenly became assholes right after A Friend in Deed... or everypony acted like asshole in some episode... It makes sense now... Yes, yes, there no way Pinkie can make Fluttershy cries, everyone is innocent. Changeling DID IT.

*this crazy headcanon can prove everyone innocent... I wont have to hate everypony anymore... ha ha*

• Brohoof 2

Welp, in the distant future Twilight lost the war against the changelings, leaving Celestia and Luna imprisoned. She then traveled back in time to change the past and made an alternate universe. Now we see what seems to be the butterfly effect from twilight. More episodes for her friends and Celestia to explain what happened in the past. #MarvelWTF

So, any chance in the soon to come seasons?