Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff The grand return!

Sir Hugsalot

Greetings, every...

*random face bumping into a window sound*

2854212.jpg

(source: https://twitter.com/doubleWbrothers/status/1519317680981000193)

Luna, wait! I haven't even announced him yet! Dx

Anyway...

Greetings, everypony!

In year 2014 there was this one administrator that really made the forums for me. He was random, open and fun. He represented many qualities I loved about the forums and helped this platform remain happy and wholesome throughout his entire presence here. Above all else though... he was a good friend to me. Thanks to people like him I stayed on this forum during that very... eventful period of my life. Forums that were of great help to me on personal level and made me endure some really tough challenges I needed to face back then. In the long run it's because of his actions, because of him keeping me here that I got the chance to meet @Silky The Smoll, who's such a dear pony to me now.. :blush:

So! Without further ado allow me to bring to you, mares and gentlecolts a new Event Coordinator!

Meet @SCS:D

This lovely muffin here will now be helping with events along with the rest of our Event Coordinator team - @Dynamo Pad, @Aticus the Adequate, @Denim&Venöm and @Ganondorf8. As someone, who's already familar with the forums and knows the meaning of FUN... I can't think of better person to join that already amazing group 

And on personal note I am really happy with SCS returning to us. You were missed, my friend, when I saw you becoming active again after your long absence it made me incredibly happy. Having you join the staff really makes my day and it is truly a pleasure to be the one announcing you! :( I know you'll do great with us and I look forward to working with you <3

Everypony, please greet our new Event Coordinator as he makes his grand return to the forums! Give him lots of hugs from me! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 15

@SCS

When I saw that you had been posting again on the forums, I had for a moment thought I wouldn't be seeing you again for years. I know that the two of us have never interacted that much besides passing moments every couple of years, but I am glad to see this. This is truly a surprise, and this is something that gives me more hope for the future! Welcome aboard, I am proud to see you here!

• Brohoof 2

I had to arise from my lurking depths to acknowledge the return of a legend. Good to see you make a glorious return, SCS! I have many fond memories of ye olden days and some great conversations we had way back when. \o/

• Brohoof 3

Well well well, what have we here? :toldya:

a wonderful friend! No. Actually. This one is a special friend.

You want to know something? This person was kind to people who were very meaningful to me in the past…

Such small acts of kindness added up to the point where it’s left real impact on real people… (“in the future”) - yes, SCS, I have come from the future of this beautiful time capsule to both welcome and thank you!

Truly goes to show you the meaning of little acts of kindness or friendship and how they can impact other people or friendships at large.

Either way. Seems like you’re stuck with us, SCS. Good luck! We’re a crazy bunch in staff.

We’ve got folks like the killjoy @Simon .. his apprentice the fun slayer @Cash In.. oh man.. the chaos being who can break the fabric of reality itself just to cheat his way into more chaos @Aticus the Adequate ..

oh and just WAIT til you meet that tyrant running around just randomly banning people… you have no idea what you’ve signed up for 

I advise that you stick around with the sane folks like @Dynamo Pad or @Sir Hugsalot, etc just to keep the balance of sanity :LunaMCM:

Wait did I just write all of that? I mean. Welcome! Last night the site kept breaking and that is all on @Rikifiveto blame. Totally not me. Nothing I did. I’m the saint here. 

Have a nice stay :orly:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Silky The Smoll said:

Well well well, what have we here? :toldya:

a wonderful friend! No. Actually. This one is a special friend.

You want to know something? This person was kind to people who were very meaningful to me in the past…

Such small acts of kindness added up to the point where it’s left real impact on real people… (“in the future”) - yes, SCS, I have come from the future of this beautiful time capsule to both welcome and thank you!

Truly goes to show you the meaning of little acts of kindness or friendship and how they can impact other people or friendships at large.

Either way. Seems like you’re stuck with us, SCS. Good luck! We’re a crazy bunch in staff.

We’ve got folks like the killjoy @Simon .. his apprentice the fun slayer @Cash In.. oh man.. the chaos being who can break the fabric of reality itself just to cheat his way into more chaos @Aticus the Adequate ..

oh and just WAIT til you meet that tyrant running around just randomly banning people… you have no idea what you’ve signed up for 

I advise that you stick around with the sane folks like @Dynamo Pad or @Sir Hugsalot, etc just to keep the balance of sanity :LunaMCM:

Wait did I just write all of that? I mean. Welcome! Last night the site kept breaking and that is all on @Rikifiveto blame. Totally not me. Nothing I did. I’m the saint here. 

Have a nice stay :orly:

:dash: no comment lol

Welcome back, @SCS! As a friend of @Sir Hugsalot you are also a friend of mine! The friend of my friend is my enemy! I think I mixed up... Let me try again! The friend of my enemy is my friend! That's still not it... The enemy of my enemy is my friend! But I don't have an enemy... :confused:

Anyway! My name is Shiny Silvermoon! Nice to meet you! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm... This is a story that happened long before I joined the forums. I'm curious as to what happened back then as I do have a love of history.

In any case, I get to interact with someone new from my perspective.

• Brohoof 2

Welcome back to the team! :D

I've seen you here and there, but I don't think we have ever interacted, that's illegal! ~always a good time to change that! :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 2

Aha, I'm fashionably late to my own welcome thread! :D In all seriousness, I'm sorry and meant to post here way sooner than this. Work has been hell this past week with some extra long hours to finish some projects and deal with some urgent situations.

Thank you everyone so much for the warm welcome -- I truly and deeply appreciate the kindness and friendship everyone is showing me. I haven't been active here in years, and I definitely didn't expect anywhere near as many people as there are to remember me and still care about me. It is incredibly kind to not only welcome me back to the community, but to give me the opportunity to contribute as a member of the staff once again even after my extended period of absence and inactivity. That means a very great deal to me and underscores one of the countless reasons why I love this community so dearly, and why I came back: the kindness, empathy and generosity shared here is immeasurable. I always have and always will cherish this dear community.

For some context for those who don't know me, or don't know all the pertinent details: I joined MLPF back in 2013, and I was an active member of the community before eventually joining the staff. I started out as a Tech Support assistant, progressed to Moderator and eventually Admin. The bulk of my work and experience in the staff, even as an Admin was focused on moderation, and later managing moderation & escalated safety incidents + appeals. I have almost no experience working event coordination, as from my memory that was largely handled by Jeric, Artemis and probably others during my time. So I might have a bit of a slow start getting up to speed with this team and learning the ropes, but I'm really excited to step outside of my comfort zone and learn new ways to give back to this community.

I ended up leaving many years ago in part due to some personal struggles in life, but honestly I don't really know why it took me so long to properly return. I've just been caught up in various life situations and professional challenges, and as part of that I lost sight of some of the things that bring me joy in life, including the MLPF community and all the wonderful friends I made here. I checked in on MLPF several times over the years, often without logging in: but I've now come to realize how many years I've missed this community even without actively focusing on it.

I deeply regret being gone for so long and I apologize for anyone who felt abandoned or in any way saddened by my departure. I neglected all of my friends here and I wish I could go back and make a lot of different and better decisions. I've learned a lot and grown significantly in life during my absence, so now the best I can do is return to full activity and contribute here with a higher degree of quality than I was capable of in the past.

I deeply appreciate everyone's kind welcomes, but I wanted to respond to a few specifically in particular:

@Sir Hugsalot -- Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for your kindness. I am truly honored and touched that you were the one to post this. When I think back on my precious memories of MLPF, you were always chief among the people who gave this community the atmosphere and spirit that it has. The spirit of kindness, charity and joy. You always brought a smile to my face and brightened these forums on a daily basis. To see that you are not only still active, but an Admin and actively leading the community with your tremendous heart and positive attitude: this brings me deep joy and satisfaction that I cannot properly express with words. Also, I love the cute Luna art so much!! :LunaMCM:

@Marcato -- It's so great to see you again!! It's been so long. I have so many fond memories of you and our conversations way back in the day and it brings me joy to see old members popping in or still active, and hopefully doing well. I hope everything has been going well for you in life and would love to chat again sometime.

@Silky The Smoll -- Thank you so much for your generous kindness toward me, and I am truly touched by how you describe my impact in regard to your connection with Sir Hugsalot. I've always been fascinated by the concept of the butterfly effect: seemingly insignificant actions cascading across numerous causal flows resulting in monumental and earth-shattering changes. While the exact mechanics of such a thing are nebulous and debatable, at minimum I have personally seen and experienced the effects of something like the butterfly effect at different times in my life. To hear that any small actions I took here helped 2 kind people to meet each other and form a loving bond: that means more than I can say. In essence, that gives me a sense of meaning in life, being able to make a positive impact on others. That makes each day worthwhile. Serious stuff aside -- everyone here seems like as wacky and fun a group as I fondly remember everyone always being, and that is now bringing emotional tears to my eyes even more than the serious stuff lol

@Dark Qiviut -- DQ, it brings my heart peace to see that you are still active in this community. I love seeing your buffalo avatar, just seeing that brings so many fond memories rushing back. I always loved reading your critiques of MLP episodes and still do. You have contributed more substance and quality discussion to this forum than probably anyone I can think of, and that is a treasure indeed. I hope life has been treating you well.

@Gone Airbourne -- I'm so overjoyed to see that you are here too! So many fond memories :mlp_smile: I love your recent artwork you shared and I'm so happy to see you taking joy in that. I hope that life has been going well for you over all these years.

And thank you again so much to all! I'm so excited to meet new people and people I may have ran into here or there but never talked to much. Whether we've ever chatted before or not, I'm always happy to make new friends and reconnect with old friends! Feel free to send me a message here on the forums any time, or add me on Discord: _scs

• Brohoof 4

It's always great to see old faces return to us, but I must admit yours is one I wasn't sure we'd see again. I'm glad to see I was wrong. :)

Good to have you back on the team @SCS! I look forward to seeing your own contributions to our busy events team. No shortage of fun an interesting ideas these days. :D

• Brohoof 1