Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tacos and quesadillas

Sobana

(edited)

Some of the characters have a love or fear of tacos and quesadillas which are common food items if you live in North America. But it got me wondering about the bronies in other regions of the world who never had or even heard of such things like maybe in Europe or Asia. I wonder if they localized those things in the regions they air or if they stayed the same. If anyone was actually tempted to try one for the first time because they heard it mentioned on this show.

I know at least when the episode Look Before You Sleep aired in Japan the comment section said they never heard of a S'more before. Heh, can you even imagine? :dash:

Edited by Sobana
  • Brohoof 1

Oh snap, I just had quesadillas for dinner.

That's pretty weird to think that people don't know what it is- but the world is so big and all! It makes sense that some people may not know what that is. I was actually pretty surprised to see them make that joke, haha.

For all of those who don't know, these are quesadillas. They're basically cheese in tortillas, but you can add meat or beans and rice to them. Delicious!:

5SPMlbW.png

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if her aversion to cheese filled food stems from her time in EQG verse, one of the villains she faced did have a certain love for Tacos, and Quesadillas aren't too far off from that...

img-3163675-1-photo.jpg

(edited)

I don't know, that is a good question. There are some foods that can be regarded as exotic or ethnic that have become so popular that most industrialized countries have said food, a good example being pizza but tacos and quesadilla while they are also widespread don't seem as widespread. I remember getting a good laugh out of that one scene in the movie Napoleon Dynamite where his mom incorrectly pronounces quesadillas as "k-sa-d-ill-ah's".

It also made me think that perhaps there are even some parts of America where Mexican food while it may be available may not be as good. I have lived in Southern California most of my life and even most gringo's here know how to pronounce quesadilla and have had their fair share of Mexican food but it did make me realize that that is in fact no the case throughout all of the US. As for what the countries do with that, I don't know. 4Kids animation tended to localize often unnecessarily many things when they localized various animes but I don't see most dubbing companies overseas being like that though maybe I am wrong, I don't know I supposed it would depend on the dubbing company and the country in question.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Well I know what tacos are (and a couple other Mexican dishes), I don't know if the episodes are altered because of this (I don't watch mlp on TV much) but I doubt it, due to the amount of American shows on TV most of us know a fair share of info about the U.S (hence also south America). 

What is even a s´more? I have no idea. :squee:

You don't know what a s'more is?!

Melted chocolate and marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers. It's the classic campfire treat!