Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Evanescence IC

Redeye

Lux had stepped outside to see where the scream she had heard from earlier came from. Much to her surprise, people were scurrying around and running away from bandits that are now pillaging the city. She spotted a couple of children being cornered by one of these bandits. She started walking towards them, hoping a mysterious hooded figure would scare the bandit away.

"Mhey ymoo!" She tried to yell at him, but she forgot to swallow the mouth full of food before she did so. 'Great start...' Lux thought.

@

The Bandit turns around. "And just who do you think you are, cupcake?" He puts on a smirk. He then swings his axe at you, and misses on purpose as some kind of warning.

Mosthurn Bandit 2

Health: 3/3

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

The bandit ignores you and is about to bring down the axe. You might want to think very, very fast.

Mosthurn Bandit 3

Health: 3/3

Realizing the bandit ignored her and that he was readying to swing his axe at the children. 'Crap! No time to cast a spell!' Lux thought as she started to bolt at the bandit, closing the gap between them as fast as her legs could move her. When she reached him, she braced herself and tackled him as hard as she could going full sprint at him.

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

"What the-!?" the Bandit shouts as you both tumble down onto the dirt. The children run away to safety, as well. The Bandit then pushes you off.

"You little brat...!" He grabs his axe and attempts to attack you, but luckily for you he misses by a few inches. ((Enemy Perception Roll: 2)) Now is your chance to counterattack!

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

"What the-!?" the Bandit shouts as you both tumble down onto the dirt. The children run away to safety, as well. The Bandit then pushes you off.

"You little brat...!" He grabs his axe and attempts to attack you, but luckily for you he misses by a few inches. ((Enemy Perception Roll: 2)) Now is your chance to counterattack!

The axe misses Deathmark. She knew he did it as a warning. "Fool" Said Deathmark, and was about to slash him at his face until someone ran over to him, and tackled him "What the!?" Exclaimed Deathmark surprised. She then recovered, and swung her scythe towards the bandits head

@

After being run over by fearful civilians, you quickly recover and attempt to attack the bandit. You manage to successfully slice his face, leaving a bloody scar running above his nose.

1 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 2 | Health: 2/3

"Agh, you bitch!" he shouts as he attacks you for real this time. His axe manages to leave a slight cut on your stomach, but nothing major.

1 Damage!

Deathmark | Health: 9/10

Rounding the corner a scene of rampant fear and chaos filled my eyes. The citizens of the town either hid or fled trying to get away from the fighting that has ensued. This is what happens when your town has no militia, bandits are given free reign and your life sucks because of it. Grunting in response to the incompetence I continued to survey the fighting a little longer to determine the best course of action I should take. Two locals seemed to be fighting off the invaders rather well, upon further thought I began doubting they were locals at all. My eyes widened as I noticed the small pattern stitching on the cloak of one of the fighters.

I took a deep breath before stepped out of the corner and began making my move. Judging from how well the cloaked one was handling herself I presumed she was the one my scouts mentioned earlier. No matter how skilled she was I wasn't taking any risk of her getting hurt without answering to me first. I began running towards the both of them, I slammed my feet into the ground stopping my momentum before I arched back and swung my hammer at the bandit. 

(edited)

Lux tackled hard to the ground with the bandit. To her glee, the children managed to get away from him with her actions. But, now she had to deal with the bandit herself now. She then suddenly got pushed off the bandit and nearly gets hit by his axe. Lux's eyes widened as a loud thump on the ground came from behind her and a large solid object went flying at the bandit.

Edited by Pinkamena Dianne Pie

Charles watches the woman head off to a Bandit, and seems somewhat confused. He looks around at the horses. "S'This some sorta party or somethin'?" He asks, nudging a person nearby, somewhat still intoxicated. "They're quite lively, I'll tell you what." He chuckles, staring at the armed Bandit near the kids, not being able to make out the fact that he's attempting to hurt them, his vision a bit blurry.

@@Ranger22 , @@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

It looks like it's M.C. Hammer Time! Er, minus the M.C. The attack misses, however it does seem to catch the Bandit off guard, having Christoph appear straight out of nowhere like that. He was a bit surprised, which gave the both of you a huge opportunity to smash him.

@@Soullite

Maybe that Sublime Liquor wasn't the best choice. In the distance, you can hear someone scream: "Someone, help! Please!"

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie , @@Midnight_Aurora , @@Soullite , @@Ranger22 , @@Omar

The City of Ithagor seems to be under attack by what appears to be Bandits. But not just any normal bandits, each of them seem to bear the Symbol of Mosthurn. What...?

@@Windbreaker

"Oh, yes, that would be the shop next do-" she was soon interrupted by a Bandit slamming down the door, with an axe in hand.

"I'd suggest that you hand over all of your stuff before this axe starts craving blood!"

@@supersonicfan91

Feel free to participate anytime, now! Because those bandits look mean.

Sylvana moves to engage a bandit trying to snatch a kid. "Hey scrap head. Pick on someone your own size." With a wave of her staff not only does she set her stance but also commanded her wolf to attack.

A ghostly Wolf appears from her staff as she swings it. The wolf instantly goes to attack the bandit.

I grunted in annoyance at my failed swing, usually I get that on the first go. Looking down I saw the misses with a surprise look on her face. If she was truly a knight of Artemis she would have taken this opportunity to attack her opponent. I nudged my head a little giving her a signal. Might as well try a second time I thought to myself a I arched my arms back again and swung the head of the hammer at the bandit for the second time.

Hearing the screams, Uther dropped his mostly eaten cheeseburger and exited the cafe to see what the cause of it was. He then proceeded to notice that bandits had begun to invade this town. "Ahh, so this is why you have guided me here Solaris" Uther draws his sword. 

"Taste my blade fiend!" Uther yelled as he sprinted towards the nearest bandit.

@@Midnight_Aurora

Awww what a cute little wofi- OH MY GOD IT'S EATING MY ARMS OFF! That wolf does a good job of protecting children. The bandit wails in pain after a good, deep scratch to his leg.

1 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 4 | Health: 2/3

@@Ranger22

This time you DO manage to bludgeon the poor man. Looks like it's Hammer Time after all.

1 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 3 | Health: 2/3

@@Omar

And that particular bandit appears to be the same one that Sylvana's pet Wolf is beating up. You pull out your trusty sunsword and throw away your cheeseburger, and attack the man. You stab him in the side before he could react to anything else. Time for the finishing blow, eh?

1 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 4 | Health: 1/3

Lux saw as the newcomer missed his attack, but now the bandit looked startled and dazed. The man above her nudged her to do something and successfully hit the man the second time around. Lux nodded and summoned her grimiore, which opened up and flipped pages. When it stopped, a glyph drew itself in the air and Lux blew a kiss at it. The glyph glowed and Lux fired her Fluoresence spell at the bandit.

(edited)

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

The bandit was none too happy with his demise. The spellbook's magical glyph suddenly shot out a huge glowing orb of light, which landed straight onto the bandit's chest, knocking him a few feet away. He then finally bit the dust and ceased to breathe.

2 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 3 | Health: 0/3

[Fluorescence] - {-1 Use, will be restored upon the end of Battle}

Edited by Redeye

I grunted in annoyance at my failed swing, usually I get that on the first go. Looking down I saw the misses with a surprise look on her face. If she was truly a knight of Artemis she would have taken this opportunity to attack her opponent. I nudged my head a little giving her a signal. Might as well try a second time I thought to myself a I arched my arms back again and swung the head of the hammer at the bandit for the second time.

Lux sighed with relief when the bandit stopped moving after she hit him. She then got up and brushed herself off. Her hood fell down when she tackled the bandit, revealing her silver hair that she had parted to the right, so it covered up her green eye and showed her blue one. Her grimiore then floated to her, which she grabbed, closed it, and then dispelled it.

Lux looked at the man who had just helped her and noticed the KoA insignia on his armor. "Hi, I'm Lux." She said, tilting her head and smiling. " Thanks for the help."

Hearing a somewhat distressed voice, Charles walks over, rubbing his eyes, trying to get his vision back. After finally realizing that the town is under attack, he immediately goes from walk to sprint, untying his metal gloves from his belt. "Did someone say help 'ere?" He shouts, waiting for a response, slotting his hands into the gloves.

@@Soullite

The distress call definitely came from where you're headed. When you reach there, you see a Bandit with two swords pillaging someone's shop. He's about to do the sword thing on the shopkeeper. Maybe you can finally put those questionable weapons to use.

@Windbreaker   "Oh, yes, that would be the shop next do-" she was soon interrupted by a Bandit slamming down the door, with an axe in hand.   "I'd suggest that you hand over all of your stuff before this axe starts craving blood!"

He grinned a little. "Just one of you?" He thrust out his hand and a short burst of flame shot from his hand. Of course, he was at the far end of this basic technique's range, and any further would require him to expend valuable energy to cast a more powerful spell. In case he was misjudging his opponent, it was wiser and safer to test limits and reactions before slinging spells willy-nilly. Especially considering the differences in weapons, armour and talents.

He had used a basic magical attack.

(edited)

@@Windbreaker

You pull out your book and shoot a dancing flame at the bandit. You made it so wide and somewhat powerful that it managed to damage him more than you thought. The flame hits him square in the chest as he's knocked back a few, and he grunts in pain. There's a pretty significant burn mark on 20% of his body.

Critical Hit!

2 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 1 | Health: 1/3

"Urgh... why you little..." He raises his axe and charges at you. He actually DOES manage to get a good slice at you, and leave a little cut behind.

1 Damage!

Aria | Health: 9/10

The Bandit's really pissed now, as he's about to raise his axe and strike you again. But suddenly, the head of a spear pierces right through his heart, as a few drops of blood land on your face. The bandit drops dead, to reveal a Penumbran woman standing behind him.

1 Damage!

Mosthurn Bandit 1 | Health: 0/3

"You two okay?" Anima asks both Aria and the girl behind the counter. The girl nods and proceeds to run somewhere to safety.

"This entire town is under attack. I'd suggest you stay out of harm's way for now," she says to Aria.

Edited by Redeye

@@Redeye,

"No way. You don't become legendary unless you take a few risks. Besides, you interrupted my duel." He said, somewhat displeased that this woman had decided to interfere where she wasn't wanted or needed. "I suppose that since we're both fighting these people, we may as well introduce each other. I'm Aria the Dawnsinger."

@@Windbreaker

"Well, you sure are cocky. Popularity was always the least of my concerns." She replied. She stroked her hair back. She was wearing some kind of black-and-grey outfit, including a jacket, medium-sized skirt and some leggings made out of some kind of silk fabric. She also had this unusually grey flower in her hair, yet it looks healthy and alive. She actually looked pretty gorgeous for a Penumbran, not something you would see everyday. But, it's probably not someone you'd fall for, anyways.

That spear she's holding is quite ominous, however. It's a lance with a Jagged Blade, almost to resemble a serpentine fang. It also has some sort of snake wrapping around the pole as some kind of decoration. It's not something that'd be made by the average blacksmith.

"I'm Anima." She says. "But we should probably save the talking for later."

She turned around and headed out the door. The last thing you notice is what seems to be a Mark of Nemesis on the back of her jacket, also known as the Symbol of the Vigilants of Erinye. Well, it appears that your new friend seems to be a trained assassin. Luckily, she doesn't seem to be after your head, so that's good; meaning that nobody particularly wants you dead. But now you probably have a hint on why she's around.

@@Redeye,

Aria took note of her appearance and weapons, already keeping her in mind as a dangerous opponent to be watched and eliminated should she turn on him, especially considering how she handled that bandit just now. Until that time, she was merely to be observed until they parted ways, whenever that may be.

"There is one matter to be resolved." He said, following her out. "If we're fighting together, we should work as a team. If not, I'd prefer if you didn't interfere in my battles. It's a personal goal I've set out to achieve, and I'm not fond of impromptu intrusions when working solo."

"Ho! This is finally me chance to get some recognition!" He quietly murmurs to himself, slowly creeping up to the Bandit. He lets out a slight grunt as he throws his own head back, and attempts to headbutt the Bandit, putting one foot back to keep a firm stance, without falling head over heels.