private Shadows of Equestria

nx9100

Nightmare was about to attack but a small device attached to her hoof bleeped. She looked down at it. "Ah buck! Guess I'll have to come back later. This one's urgent". With that she seemed to melt back into the shadows, leaving no trace behind. Miles away, in Canterlot a shadowed pony waited.

I have no idea what to write

Cresent tossed a bit while sleeping with his wings around him. From another ponys perspective it would have looked like a fidgeting black bag moving in the sheets inside the batponys mind was something else enterly. He was trotting on a street behind a pony in a hood, 'this was it. the moment iv been dreaming for' his blade unshetherd and was about to swing his hoof into the pony back neck when the pony suddenly turned

"TURN BACK NIGHT CHILD BEFORE THE PAST BECOMES YOUR DEATH!" bellowed a very angry Luna snapping cresent awake wide eyed and panting. He looked around seeing the stag from before sleeping on the couch....he tried to remember the stags name. He shrugged looking at the nearby remote and turned on the tv to see a news anchor.

"and if you herd some strange rumbling's last night that wasn't the dinner. a fight broke out between what our sorces say 4 ponys. our reporter Clover is at the sight of one of the battle's"

Cresent tilted his head in confusion, the fight between him and the stag was intense but he didn't think they did....what in luna's mane happened to the theater roof?! The pegisi was talking above what looked like a crater in the theater that had Octavia play at last night as the story continued cresent remembered everything now about the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

@@cwhip9

Enzo's ears twitched as he felt the static from tv reverberate throughout his body.

"and if you heard some strange rumbling's last night that wasn't the dinner"

He stirred, slowly rising into a sitting position on the couch. Yawning, he loudly mumbled: "Urrgh, what time is it?"

"a fight broke out between what our sources say 4 ponies. our reporter Clover is at the sight of one of the battle's"

Enzo slowly opened an eye, attempting to focus on the tv screen. He sloppily pointed a hoof towards it.

"Hey, they're talking about me."

Still groggy from sleep, he turned to Crescent.

"Morning, buddy"

@, Cresent looked over at the stag "morning, I think we made an impression on the nighbors" cresent said nodding at the tv as the reporter showed the views the damage they did to the pasta shops and then some the previous night. A crator here, a smashed in roof, and even a very reasonably annoyed pasta store owner had an interview

"ah we have a fan" cresent remarked hering the owner rant and rave over his lost living and such. Then the tv cut too something that defintly woke the rest of cresent up. an imige of 4 wanted posters was brought up, the posters didn't get a clear picture of them but had a good outline

"this is what witness's say could possibly be the 4 ponys that had this get together. They are considered armed and dangerous if you see them don't approach them call out hotline at" cresent hit the remots off button seeing the sketchs of himself, the stag, Last, and the cyborg thing.

"I'm afraid that breakfast will have to wait" The bat pony rushed to his fridge quickly pulling out his blood drinks and other esentals

"what ever food you can find take it now before other ponys get nosy". The bat pony then herd a new blood beat followd by another blood beat, followed by a knock at their door

"house keeping" said a sweet voice

Cresent closed his eyes "bite me sideways" 

@@cwhip9,

Khris took notice of Crescent's change of demeanor.

"Take his advice and grab what you can, we have hostiles inbound."

Enzo, still lounging on the couch, lazily dragged himself to the minibar, still limping a little from yesterday's events.

"Well, morning to you too, Khris."Enzo snarked.

He opened the minibar, and promptly closed it.

"Eugh, the minibar reeks of blood. No way i'm eating anything from there."

"house keeping"

"Last i checked, house keeping only operates after noon, especially in a fancy hotel like this one."

Cresent closed his eyes "bite me sideways" 

"Caution. I think our friend noticed it too."

"Righto"

The stag softly walked to the hotel's balcony, opening the sliding doors. He took notice of the balconies of other rooms, visible on both sides. He called out:

"Psst, uh.."

"Crescent"

"Crescent!"

He pointed down to the street below.

"You see that haystack over there?"

"You see that haystack over there?"
cresent trotted over to the balcony looking down at the hey stack, below them it seemed everypony was doing their usual morning stuff. Cresent blood drink in hand took a big swig downing most of it. He put the remender in the saddle bag he draped across himself

"well its a start" said the batpony catching onto the idea. More knocking was coming from the door, cresent looked back at the door then at the stag nodding at him. The bat pony grabbed the rails and dove into the hay stack bellow....and was surprised how deep it felt cushioning his blow  

"Ya know, you DO have wings" Enzo mumbled to himself as he watched crescent plummet into the haystack.

The sound of breaking wood reminded the stag of his situation. Acting quickly, he launched khris's tassel upwards and gripped the gargoyle above, between himself and the balcony towards the right. He then jumped, the tassel retracting and allowing Enzo to swing over to the other side. The balcony window was conveniently left open.

He walked in. Thankfully, the room was empty. He trotted over to the mini fridge and opened it.

"Ah, there we go."

Enzo pulled out a fresh bunch of bananas and a chilled salad. Opening another compartment within the fridge, he retrieved several cans of Apple Cider.

Ignoring the commotion going on in the previous room, he calmly set the food on a nearby coffee table and looked around for a bag he could use to carry his breakfast. Spying a briefcase lying under a bed, he retrieved it and popped it open.

Khris's let out a low whistle at the contents.

"Woah"

Inside was several bundles of cash, a musket and a bag of light-blue crystal looking things.

Enzo tossed out the bag of blue 'sugar' and the musket.

"Won't be needing these.."

And stored the food and beverage into the suitcase.

Carrying it with his magic, he calmly and quietly briskwalked out of the door, assuming his pursuers were still inside the room.

He made it to the lift lobby, and hurriedly pressed the 'down' button and waited for the elevator.

"WHERE ARE THEY"

The voice echoed from the halls behind him.

The stag hurriedly spammed the button, and as if answering his call, the lift doors opened with a loud 'ding!'. Enzo hustled into the lift and slammed the 'close' button and 'lobby' button. As the door closed, he caught a glimpse of his pursuer's shadow approaching the lift lobby.

Fortunately, they closed in time, and the elevator began it's descent down, smooth jazz playing in the background.

'(Khris) You either left him for dead or did the tactical move of splitting up. Knowing you, it's... Ah never mind .'

'Hey, I'm meeting up with him now, don't sell me short.'

With another 'ding', the elevators opened, revealing the lobby. Quickly and discreetly, Enzo trotted out of the hotel and began looking for Crescent.

Cresent saw the Stag exit the hotel, after the hey box bit. He climbed out of it finding an stocking cap he put it on to help cover his bright mane, also found a cloak left on a near by chair at a park bench. quickly slipping it around his back he trotted beside the stag "well, I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon, you would think some animals could hide in a city this big"  

The bat pony herd a yelling of some sort from the hotel they were leaving, he looked like a grey pony just waking up still needing his coffee which is exactly what he was aiming for, a coffe shop. Not many ponys see a bat-....As they trotted along siliently he just realed how big of a pickle he was really in. "I remember seeing a blue pony after our fun conversation last night, I remember him mention to talk with us, wonder if we could find him soon" he thought out loud

"well, I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon, you would think some animals could hide in a city this big"  

"Well, for starters, i believe you booked the hotel under your name. Not surprising that they managed to track you down so fast.",  Enzo replied.

He took a moment to notice his companion's cloak and hat.

"Now that i realise, i need to get somewhere and hide. Its pretty bloody hard to disguise these antlers."

He looked around and spied a seemingly abandoned warehouse a few blocks away.

"I'll head for that warehouse. We can make some plans there."

The stag patted his briefcase.

"After all, i need a place to munchy munchy. "

'Ponies are starting to recognize you. Move.

Enzo crept closer to crescent and lowered his volume, eyeing the suspicious stares of the ponies around him, some even beginning to recognize him from the news, about to call for help.

"Ponies are beginning to recognize me, i've gotta go. As i said, i'll meet you at the warehouse. Maybe i'll find a large cardboard box in the alleyway or something: i don't know any illusion spells. Bottomline is, you can disguise yourself: I can't."

He paused as an idea struck him.

Throw some of that money you got into the air. The ponies of manehatten can't resist cash. It'll create a nice diversion for your escape

"Say, if you could divert my pursuer's attention till i get to the warehouse, that'd be great. But for now..."

Enzo cracked open the briefcase i took out a few bundles of money.

"I gotta move"

And with that, Enzo scattered the money into the air around him and ran off, the crowding pushing their way into the rain of money in an attempt to acquire some easy bucks.  

@, @@cwhip9,

Device looked out her window. and saw the stag from last night throwing money into the air clearly to distract somepony then she saw the ponies following him and a cloaked pony. "Mech I am going out for a while I'll be back later tonight." Device called to Mech while grabbing her cloak and flight goggles she stepped outside and took to the sky following the ponies that were chasing the stag and cloaked pony.

Then one of the unicorns prepared to fire a magic beam at them. Device spotted this and faster than the eye could see she landed between the stag and cloaked pony grabbed them and Pushed/pulled then into a nearby alley. before they could respond she put a hoof to her mouth to tell them to be silent. the other ponies were confused with the disappearance of their targets believing the stag teleported them somewhere else.

Device then motioned for the two of them to follow her down the alley stopping in front of a door she open the door and motioned them inside.Once inside Device took note of the fact they were in what appears to be an abandoned building. "So why are four ponies following you two?" Device asked looking mainly at the stag.

post-25553-0-01613800-1443634906.png

you can ask me anything here:ask Scare Effect

@@P-Jay,@,  

Sakuya nodded at Salleria.  "Ah, you must be that mercenary I arranged for.  Welcome to Manehatten!"  She turned to Caliber.  "And I see you've already met my... personal assistant."  She chuckled.  "All the better.  Come into my office, and I'll let you both in on my plans..."

----------------------

@@Unicorncob@@Scare Effect,

Hearing some commotion from the next street, Ravage glanced at his master, before shifting back into the alley.  Coming around, he bolted forward, pushing off the walls of the two buildings, seemingly bouncing off each one as he quickly made his way to the next block over.  With a final jump, he came to a stop just inside the alley, watching a group of ponies seemingly confused as they wandered around the street, almost as if looking for something... or somepony....

Hearing some commotion from the next street, Ravage glanced at his master, before shifting back into the alley.  Coming around, he bolted forward, pushing off the walls of the two buildings, seemingly bouncing off each one as he quickly made his way to the next block over.  With a final jump, he came to a stop just inside the alley, watching a group of ponies seemingly confused as they wandered around the street, almost as if looking for something... or somepony....

Dusk wandered around the city, taking in the sights while he had a look for those two stallions from last night. His curiosity was something of a flaw for him.

Until, something else across the street caught his eye. A group of ponies were wandering around the street, looking around for...something.

Or somepony, perhaps?

Intrigued, he took off into the air and flew across the road, landing neatly on the sidewalk a few yards behind the group. He kept a steady pace and an eagle-eye on them. No doubt they would lead to something interesting, and he had the sneaking suspicion he wasn't the only one thinking that...

img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-2m4ommo.jpg

Signature by @J.R.

Equestrian Empire's current Party Pony!

@@Scare Effect, @,

Device then motioned for the two of them to follow her down the alley stopping in front of a door she open the door and motioned them inside.Once inside Device took note of the fact they were in what appears to be an abandoned building. "So why are four ponies following you two?" Device asked looking mainly at the stag.

The bat pony tilted his head in surprise "well you haven't seen the news yet I take it. Lets just say during our scrabbels last night somepony got a god picture of us. and you as well about the damge we did. So the real question is...know a good hiding spot?" the bat pony smiled half forcefully half embarrassed.  

@@Scare Effect, @@cwhip9,

Enzo pawed nervously at the ground as he considered his options. He easily recognized the pony in front of him from the night before.

'I could make a break for it....'

A glance at his slightly injured leg prompted him to reconsider

'And risk getting caught by our pursuers'

The duo turned to Gadget, whom had yet to receive an answer to her question.

'Perhaps we can talk our way out of this'

The bat pony tilted his head in surprise "well you haven't seen the news yet I take it. Lets just say during our scrabbels last night somepony got a god picture of us. and you as well about the damge we did. So the real question is...know a good hiding spot?" the bat pony smiled half forcefully half embarrassed.  

Enzo had to agree with Khris. After all, having a mutual friend does boost their odds

Relaxing his posture, Enzo paced slowly, ready to spring into action if shit hit the fan. "We are being hunted by the law. And i understand that you're a pony who stands with justice." Enzo stopped his pacing and looked Gadget in the eye. "However, our pursuers seem to be out for blood. They bear no uniform: mercenaries perhaps. After all, i do already have a teeny weeny bounty on my head."

He stepped beside crescent and gave a hopeful smile.

"So, if you'd give us some shelter, that'd be great"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@@P-Jay, @@nx9100,  

"Lead ze way" Sakuya answered in her usual, dry tone.

With that, Salleria followed Sakuya into her office.

Edited by Guest

@, @@cwhip9,

Device was taken back by the fact that Crescent was with the Stag, but was even more surprised when the stag asked for help. "Okay I do know a place where you two can hide but I do need more information from you two when we get there, first I need to talk to somepony first so stay here for now it is an abandoned building so you guys will be safe for thirty minutes while I'm gone." Device said she paused for a second waiting for their reply.

post-25553-0-01613800-1443634906.png

you can ask me anything here:ask Scare Effect

@@Scare Effect, @, cresent looked nervously at device, they were asking a lot of her already and now they had to sit for 30 min. Plenty of time for what ever was chasing them to get a clu as to where they were....but there really wasn't much choice in the matter. Pluse it would give him time to know more about Enzo, at leat figger out how to work around this bounty on there heads.  

"agreed but carful while moving, if that mob was anything those wings might get you attention if not carful"  

He looked at the Stag giving him a smile "so, any idea's how we hide antlers with out cutting them?"

"so, any idea's how we hide antlers with out cutting them?"

'Oh hell no i ain't cutting off no antlers'

Enzo put a hoof to his chin in thought.

We could get one of those giant hats, i heard a pony named Rarity makes them.

Or we could hide them in plain sight.

The stag turned to Crescent. "Say, what date is it? If it's december, well i think i have a solution."

@@,

caliber followed the griffon into sakuya's warehouse. "been waiting for more details of the plan since yesterday." he commented, with an air of annoyance. 

'that, and i still havent gotten my challenge. for a second, thought the griffon was it, but nah...sakuya probably would've told me if she was, by now...'

2uyqhld.jpg

'Oh hell no i ain't cutting off no antlers'

Enzo put a hoof to his chin in thought.

We could get one of those giant hats, i heard a pony named Rarity makes them.

Or we could hide them in plain sight.

The stag turned to Crescent. "Say, what date is it? If it's december, well i think i have a solution."

"If not then soon, and I don't know where to find a paint shop nearby. Unless you can change your coat color with magic which these wings don't have." Cresent looked around his surroundings for anything paint related but at the most he could find brown related was chunks of old wood  

"If not then soon, and I don't know where to find a paint shop nearby. Unless you can change your coat color with magic which these wings don't have." Cresent looked around his surroundings for anything paint related but at the most he could find brown related was chunks of old wood  

"Oh, no, we don't have to go to a paint shop..."

Enzo quietened down, allowing everypony to hear the christmas carols echoing in the distance.

"Tis the season to evade the law, eh? I can dress up as freakin rudolph and pass these off as fake antlers" , Enzo said, motioning a hoof at his antlers.

"Only... We need somepony to actually buy it for us" 

Stellar swooped over the skyscrapers of Manehatten. She hovered in midair for a second and consulted her directions. Realizing she had been going the wrong way she turned around and nearly flew into a building.

(A few minutes later)

What happened...

She stood up and looked around the dark, damp alley that she had fallen into.

I flew into a building. Typical.

She stood up and checked herself over.

I have no idea what to write

@, cresent blinked a bit trying to put together what he just herd the stage say...he laughed covering his mouth with his wing to hush it. "sorry, just.." he looked at the stage again holding up a hoof for one more laugh and then coughed a bit.

"As much as I like that idea who ever is after us arnt stupid. It'll work with the crowds but for our main pursuers we'll need to get creative"

Edited by cwhip9

@@cwhip9

"Well, if you have any better ideas, let's hear it. Although, we really could just, ya know, hide?  While i help you with your task, i mean"

The city has an intricate sewer system which can get us to any part of it well hidden. problem is, most of the manholes are placed in the middle of the street.

I'd rather fight through our pursuers than waddle through the sewers of Manehatten

@@P-Jay@,

Leading the way into the office inside the warehouse, Sakuya stepped up to a map of Manehattan mounted to the wall.  Various pins were stuck into it marking warehouses, buildings, etc.  "Alright," she began, "so technically, I'm still supposed to be working for my boss, but I've been wanting to branch out on my own for a while now.  Basic smuggling business, black market items and the like.  With a focus on magic items and such."  She looked over her two newest associates.  "Here's the catch.  Once he finds out about this... my boss is NOT going to be happy.  Knowing him, he'll send thugs to 'rough us up'.  Which is where you two come in."  She grinned.  "He relies on a small army of goons to do his fighting for him.  I'm going to try the opposite, and rely on two strong fighters to back me..."

---------------------------------------------

• Brohoof 1

@, cresent scratched his head, the cap was annoying to him. "your right hiding here for now is best, and we still got to figer out how too deal with the murderor" the bat pony sat down on a half broken pice of stone. "Well heres two things that pop into my head about all of this" he motioned with his wing again.

"1 out of all the ponys coming after us one of them has to be the one that killed Willow, and you also mentioned you have a bounty on your horns already right?" cresent turned his head towards the stag

"2 that could help us more be the bounty hunters knocking each other out to get us"