Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Shadows of Equestria

nx9100

(OOC Thread)

Equestria, the land of Friendship and Harmony.  Bathed in the light of Princess Celestia, the ponies that call it home enjoy a peaceful, carefree lifestyle.  At least, most of them...

But where there is Light, there is also Shadow.  And those that dwell there live a different life, one that is a struggle for survival.  Instead of Friendship and Harmony, they seek Power and Wealth.  

This is the side of Equestria the Princesses don't want the public to know about.  The side they themselves have come to fear.  The Shadows of Equestria....

---------------------------------

Ravage stood in the darkness of the alley, waiting for his prey to arrive.  For two days he had tracked the unicorn mare, confirming his guess that she lived alone.  His master's orders said that only ponies with no family or close friends could be taken.  Otherwise, somepony would wonder where they were and questions would be asked.

He didn't mind, as it gave him a challenge.  Stalking his helpless prey kept his skills sharp, and he relished the hunt.  But deep down, he wished for a real challenge, somepony who would push his skills to the limit of their ability...

A sound caught his attention, as the mare entered the alley.  Careful observation told him that she came this way each evening, using the alley as a shortcut to her Manehattan apartment building.  He waiting until she nearly passed him, before stepping out of the shadows to cut her off.  

The mare froze, a sudden feeling of dread on her face.  It was a sight he was familiar with, one that his all-black body suit usually caused on others.  Intimidation, after all, was a powerful tool.  He nodded, and two Earth pony stallions appeared from their hiding spots behind her to cut off escape.  All to easy, he thought to himself....

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 1

Device was on a nearby rooftop when she saw three stallions corner a unicorn mare in an alley way.I need to help her, Device thought about to leap off the building then suddenly remembered she no longer has her her wings and jumping off would only lead to her death."damn it i need to do something to help her." she said as she looked for a way to help the mare but found nothing. turning to the stairs she headed down them, i hope I'm not too late.

@@nx9100 Flamestreak had just finished his daily flying session around manehatten when he spotted three ponies. All with black suits surrounding a mare. Flame flew in quickly to help the mare before things got...ugly to say the least. "Hey leave her alone!" Flame shouted as He pushed one of the suited stallions down and shielded the mare with his wings, not knowing full well what he just got himself into.

Edited by KingFlame1990

The Starlight Hotel was considered by many a celebrity and VIP to be the most luxurious hotel in downtown Manehattan. Its rooms, food, and services were unlike any other in Equestria, and many would pay top bit to stay at least one night. Then again, one night already costs top bit.

On this particular evening, a young adult stallion, early twenties most would guess, walked in through the revolving door. A pegasus, with a nicely groomed dark navy coat and a neat rust-red mane and tail, wearing a sharp black shirt and sporting a cutie mark of a black clef note in front of a crescent moon.

He walked through the ritzy lobby, keeping in a straight line along the velvet carpet as he eyed up the fancy, and likely expensive, decor.

"Excuse me, miss," He began to the unicorn mare behind the reception desk, "I am Dusk Waltz, I'm here to use my family's personal suite. I trust you got the call ahead?"

The mare looked up at him, regarding him with a polite smile. "Ah, yes sir, we did receive a call, and the suite has been cleaned and your luggage has arrived safely. Though, you understand I must ask for some identification."

"Of course," the stallion complied, and reached a hoof into his shirt pocket, fishing out a card depicting a small line of musical notes flanked by pegasus wings, "My family's insignia."

The receptionist took the card in her magic, and closely inspected it. She'd been told what to expect in terms of identification.

She returned the card with a smile, along with a key with a tag depicting that same symbol. "Very good sir, everything is in order. Top floor, and have a good night."

"Thank you, you too," The stallion replied with a matching smile, and entered the elevator.

Once on the top floor, he entered the door into a lavish five-star suite, complete with king-size bed, wall-mounted HD television, and personal bathroom with a jacuzzi. 

Not that he'd need all this, but it was nice to have benefits.

What he was really interested in was the trunk by the bedpost. He hoisted it onto the bed and opened it up, smirking at what was inside. A saddlebag, made of leather blacker than the darkest of Luna's nights, with an emblem of ghostly-white wings as the clips.

He began to change.

The shirt came off, and he began lathering his cutie marks in a quick-drying makeup to conceal them. Next came a white mask, with slitted eyeholes, that went over his head, covering down to his mouth. Then a black cloak over his body, and finally two pairs of slick socks. The cloak was tightened around his neck, the saddlebag on his back, and he was ready.

He trotted to the balcony and opened the large glass door, closing it behind him and flying upward onto the roof.

Dusk Waltz was gone, and it was time for Ghost to check out the sights.

• Brohoof 2

@@nx9100 Flamestreak had just finished his daily flying session around manehatten when he spotted three ponies. All with black suits surrounding a mare. Flame flew in quickly to help the mare before things got...ugly to say the least. "Hey leave her alone!" Flame shouted as He pushed one of the suited stallions down and shielded the mare with his wings, not knowing full well what he just got himself into.

Scarlett was once again invisible.

She sneaked round the city, patrolling it just because she could. She had nothing to do, nobody to see, and the simple fact was that the Royal Guard were really quite terrible. So she took it upon herself, considering her past, or really future, job as an Agent.

She heard shouting, to which she recognised the tone. She quickly sprinted to the scene, still invisible. She saw a pony trying to defend a mare, but decided to stay invisible and watch, only planning to intervene if she needed to.

Device managed to exit the building in time to see Flamestreak land and stood defensively in front of the mare.he might be able to handle this and he definitely doesn't need help from a cripple, device thought  but she shook her head and approached the criminals. "Whats going on here?" Device said in a strong authority tone that every royal guard possesses.

Markus took a moment to look at his progress. For months now he had been submerged in the Manehattan Property Ownership Committee's endless amounts of hassle and paperwork. Through every complication and shortcoming, Markus had been there frantically trying to save his lifelong dream. He had finally opened his own art studio!

After leaving his family's studio in Canterlot a few years ago he'd been busting his chops trying to get his own place ever since. Months of busting tables now gave way to... probably more busting until business picks up. Still pretty relieving though. He just wished he could've gotten a building in a better part of town.

Markus had decided to spend the night setting up all his supplies. Some of his work up on the walls, easels here and there, an ample library of paints, a stage for still life, there's even enough room that he could do lessons if he wanted to. It was all looking up for Markus, and he was eager to get to work.

@@Scare Effect

Then a mare came running through his studio with a look of urgency on her face, knocking down an easel and rushing out his side door. "*sigh* If that isn't a sign I don't know what is." Markus then heard what sounded like 6 or so ponies arguing. "You're right on the edge of the bad side of town," he had to remind himself, heading to his second floor apartment, "don't get yourself mixed up in anything when you haven't even finished unpacking." With that he passed through his maze of packed belongings and layed on his bed, eager to get some sleep.

Edited by DanishToenails

(welp, not heading towards ravage at the moment. XD since everyone's there)

caliber stopped at the edge of the border, looking at the sign that welcomes him, and told him the name of the city. Manehatten.

"finally." he muttered under his breath, "i can restock, and get something to eat that doesn't grow on trees."

he walked into the city. and it wasn't long at all before he found a local diner. walking in, everyone looked at him weirdly. after all, it wasn't every day someone with a sword walked past. 

he looked at the diner owner, and grinned.

"CAN I HAVE, four hay burgers, sixteen orders of fries, twelve omelets, four cups of cider, another two cups of water, all the chips you got, and could you maybe..."

he ranted for about a minute and thirty seconds straight. and when he was done, he pulled out a fairly sized bit pouch, and paid for the food he ordered. 

one might think he was ordering for a party.

• Brohoof 1

Ravage eyed the two newcomers.  The Pegasus stallion who had flown down to block him from his prey, and a mare who appeared from out of the building, also bent on obstructing him.  I must seize control of this NOW, he thought.

"Stay out of this," he ordered, his heavy (Russian) accented voice full of authority.  "It does not concern you, nor are either of you my targets."  Holding himself up to his full height, his bright red eyes glared at them.  "I give one chance to leave now, and not interfere in my business."  His two goons stepped forward.  "Decide, now." 

@@nx9100 "Ha! Do you think I'm scared of you? Do your worse" Flame said not phased "I bet your bite Isn't worse then your awful breath!" He said getting into a fighting stance. Flamestreak then turned around to the mare who had came to helped. @@Scare Effect "Hey you whatever your name is I need to know your decision right now. Are you runnin' or stayin'?"

Scarlett started silently and invisibly walking forward towards the events unfolding before her. Due to where she was from, she knew what might happen so she quickly cast a gravity spell and stepped onto the wall. Walking along the side of it, she stops just beside and a little above Ravage and his target, maybe even targets soon enough.

@@nx9100 @@Scare Effect @ @

Ghost leapt and hopped across the rooftops, using his wings to glide across the broader gaps and alleyways. One could wonder that why he would not just openly fly around, being a pegasus. To him, this was the equivalent of putting a neon sign on him saying 'Hello, I'm here to rob you, please shoot me down!'.

He stopped on one rooftop and looked around the city, still bustling even at this time of day. He smirked; plenty of ponies meant plenty of cover.

He glanced down by chance, and spotted quite the scene. A group of ponies in an alley, one really huge one standing before a mare, two more seemingly cutting off her escape, while another pair entered to confront them.

"Hm, so this is the Manehattan life," he mused quietly, crouching down and watching, "This should be interesting."

Hopefully the dark veil of Luna's night would keep him hidden from the ponies below.

Device looked at Flamestreak then to Ravage,"It is my duty to protect others, and i will stay and help." Device said with a look of determination as she walked next to Flamestreak. hopefully I am helpful to them and not just hindering,Device thought.

Ravage glared at the newcomers.  This NOT how this is supposed to work, he thought.  What was originally a simple retrieval mission was quickly spiraling out of his control.  He stepped forward, head tilted down, but eyes straight ahead, boring into the two would-be saviors.  

"You do not know what you meddle in," his deep voice full of power.  "Perhaps you require a demonstration."  His two Earth pony goons, having made their way to each side, suddenly sprang forward, one heading for each defender....

Device sees the goon heading forward she quickly jumped out of the way and brought her hoof across the goons face stunning him, she then turns around and kicked in the face with her back hooves thinking she knocked him out she turned around to help Flamestreak she was then grabbed from behind by the goon she thought she knocked out, who proceeded to slam her around eventually throwing her into a wall.

if I wasn't just in the hospital i would mop the floor with this guy, Device thought in anger as she slowly got up the goon prepared to attack again but didn't get the chance when suddenly Device was beside him,then in rapid succession she brought her hoof to his throat with a small amount of force that caused him to cough. she brought her hoof straight into his muzzle which threw him into the air she then brought her right hoof onto his chest and slammed him down into the ground this time knocking him out. Device's body was suddenly in pain from her quick movements. Damn i over did it, was her last thought as she collapsed on the ground unconscious.

Edited by Scare Effect

@@nx9100 "What just happened he was winning! How did he pass out?" Flame thought confused."At least he finished one for me." Flamestreak thought again. He didn't get another chance to think about it as he was punched straight in the face by the other goon forcing him to the ground. Flame was met with flurry of punches leaving him with a severe gash across his head. Eventually flame was able too get up and throw a punch. But the goon blocked it and slammed flame back on the ground cracking a few of his ribs. Flame desperate and out of options was thinking only one thing cheap shot. Flamestreak kicked the goon below the belt causing him to stagger back. Flame picked up the goon flew him up in sky then sended him head first to the ground instantly knocking him out. He then walked toward Ravage. "Just you and me." He said not backing down

@@nx9100 "What just happened he was winning! How did he pass out?" Flame thought confused."At least he finished one for me." Flamestreak thought again. He didn't get another chance to think about it as he was punched straight in the face by the other goon forcing him to the ground. Flame was met with flurry of punches leaving him with a severe gash across his head. Eventually flame was able too get up and throw a punch. But the goon blocked it and slammed flame back on the ground cracking a few of his ribs. Flame desperate and out of options was thinking only one thing cheap shot. Flamestreak kicked the goon below the belt causing him to stagger back. Flame picked up the goon flew him up in sky then sended him head first to the ground instantly knocking him out. He then walked toward Ravage. "Just you and me." He said not backing down

Scarlett invisibly smirked and then, using magic to disguise her voice as a male and projecting it all round the ally so she couldn't be discovered, said "Well that's not completely true Flame, I'm here."

She quickly used her magic to move the fallen goons to the side of the scene so more unnecessary harm would not come to them. "And I don't suppose you could explain why this is happening, Ravage was it?"

at the manehatten general hospital a nurse pony went to check up on a patient in the west wing of the hospital, opening a door to not find the patient but found a small unicorn stallion, the nurse freezes when she spots him."hello there could you please tell me where your patient went?" the stallion asked with a thick Australian accent(what ever its called in equestria).

"I...I...don't know, she must have gotten out again." the nurse said hesitantly .

"then i no longer have any reason to be here i will be on my way." the nurse faints when the weird stallion teleports away.

(OOC:Okay this character is just here to help with my characters current physical state(no wings, in severe pain and tires easily) and helps her to become a vigilante.)

Ghost couldn't help but scoff at the ensuing battle. It was just like something out of a movie or comic book.

Vigilantes are a real thing? He snarked internally, smirking at the brawl. I wouldn't mind one of those coming after me once in a while, would make things a lot more interesting.

The big one was a skilled employer, if the fighting abilities of his henchponies were anything to go by. One of the 'heroes' wasn't doing so hot, since she had outright collapsed on the ground.

@

However, something curious had caught his keen eye. One of the fallen goons had been moved to the side, but nopony present had used any magic.

Something was ahoof here, and he found himself leaning over the edge a bit more. This was getting interesting.

Ravage watched the two would-be heroes dispatch his stallions.  Such a waste, he thought, as they both ended up on the ground.  "So, you have skills," he said to Flamestreak.  "And you," his voice rang out, addressing the unseen pony even thought his eyes never left Flamestreak, "I know you are here.  I invite you out to join your friend."  He stepped over one of the goons, not giving the fallen stallion even a glance.  "For I am ending this, now..."

Ravage watched the two would-be heroes dispatch his stallions.  Such a waste, he thought, as they both ended up on the ground.  "So, you have skills," he said to Flamestreak.  "And you," his voice rang out, addressing the unseen pony even thought his eyes never left Flamestreak, "I know you are here.  I invite you out to join your friend."  He stepped over one of the goons, not giving the fallen stallion even a glance.  "For I am ending this, now..."

Scarlett's magically modified voice had a slightly bitter tone to it "I have no friends. Not anymore."

The voice returned to normal "And what makes you think I would just reveal myself?" When she noticed that Ravage wasn't even trying to look for her she snickered a little and said "You should look at people when they're speaking to you."

the Stallion was walking down a street and heard talking down an alley, feeling bored he headed down the alley and came to find a very interesting scene three ponies were were standing two stallions and a scared mare. then he saw the pony he was looking for he then walked into the scene not really caring about the other ponies he walked over to Device, he then looked at the three ponies stand. "Hello there i am not here to cause trouble just to get my patient back to her room." He said as he lifted Device in the air with his magic.

"You should look at people when they're speaking to you." 

"Do you take me for a fool?" Ravage asked coldly.  "The moment I take my eyes off my target," he continued to glare at Flamestreak, "would invite an attack."  

Suddenly, he sensed another pony approach them.  "Hello there," said a Stallion.  "I am not here to cause trouble just to get my patient back to her room."

"Then remove her," he replied.  "And I suggest you remain, for she will be joined by others momentarily..."

"You should look at people when they're speaking to you." 

"Do you take me for a fool?" Ravage asked coldly.  "The moment I take my eyes off my target," he continued to glare at Flamestreak, "would invite an attack."  

Suddenly, he sensed another pony approach them.  "Hello there," said a Stallion.  "I am not here to cause trouble just to get my patient back to her room."

"Then remove her," he replied.  "And I suggest you remain, for she will be joined by others momentarily..."

Scarlett uncloaked and jumped off the wall next to the medical pony. Her fur was dark enough to almost blend in, meaning you could see her but couldn't see any defining features showing she was male or female. She says to the medical pony "And I suggest you leave."

Ghost tilted her head, raising an eyebrow in amusement as the mystery pony revealed themselves.

"So there's our mystery magic user," He mused, still smirking at the scene, "Let's hope you're worth the reveal then, eh?"

He watched as another stallion appeared, taking one of the mares, his 'patient', back to her 'room'.

"I hope that means Manehattan General."

He continued to watch, curious to see which party would come out on top. He would also make a point to follow the red pony later and get some info on that invisibility deal.

In his line of work, that kind of technology would be useful.

Edited by Unicorncob