Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Disharmonic Equestria (Adventure, Dark, Exploration) (Open)

Demirari

Link to RP

It is the year 2153 and ponykind had been forced into the mountains and underground. It is not nuclear war that led to this… no, it was ponykind’s own doing. Nature came with a vengeance, bringing destruction to the pegasi and tore into the great cities of Equestria. Disharmony, taking advantage of desperate times, came like a fog. With nature and Disharmony working together, they tore at the pillars of pony society, dismantling it piece by piece.

Corruption spread as ponykind fell in great numbers, becoming creatures of horror or decaying on the broken streets. The princesses tried their best, but without the Elements of Harmony, they fell too. Sinking into their flesh, the malevolent disharmony twisted them into mere puppets. It was a signal at that point that hope was all lost and ponies began retreating either underground or to the great above where they could avoid the wrath of nature.

Nature had fallen settled into a calm but chaotic pattern. It is at this point that ponykind will bid for survival in these dark times. New information gathered by brave scouts had pointed to Mareington, a great city of research and progress in days old, as a key for survival. Three chips, created before and during the horror years, will be their salvation. It is up to eight ponies to retrieve them.

These eight are chosen by luck or by skills, it matters not. All watches these eight and all will pray or damn them. Careful, for Disharmony watches for hope.

----

(More dramatic introduction to the plot).

It is the year 2153 and we have fallen. There lingers no longer harmonic emotions that traverse the lands in happiness nor are there foals frolicking in the fields happily. Ponykind had been driven to bunkers and the mountains to live out their lives. The lands that they’ve once called home are poisoned right into the deepest roots of Equestria.

The princesses that ruled benevolently had become our enemies, corruption digging deep into their morality and twisting it. This is an era… my friends that we are entering in. It pains me, but we must raise up and crush what were once our governors. We must take the fight to Canterlot, to the Crystal City, and to Ponyville.

The world may be our enemies, but my fellow ponies, my fellow ponies, by harmony we will win! Even if it’ll take a hundred years, even if we are to eat dirt, even if we are to taint the world in our blood a thousand times, even if we are to sacrifice our children, we will win! Arm yourselves my ponies, it is no longer the case that we are able to flee.

We are the survivors of ponykind, we will bear no noble name. We will be the survivors and nothing more. We will toil in the workings of harmony. It is time to cleanse the lands and claim Equestria for ponykind!

I will not lie, there are demons outside. There are creations that could easily shatter a weak mind, but are we weak? No, we are strong! We will rise up to the surface, to the lowlands, to the clouds themselves! Beat them back, I say. Beat them back.

----

Slots:

1. Gentle Secret 

Equipment: A magic-powered rifle, a rapier, some basic essential items, a notebook, and a map

2. Chatterbox 

Equipment: A single 9mm pistol, a short sword, and medical/essential supplies

3. Draco O'Malley

Equipment: A .50 caliber Anti-Material Rifle (Rounds will be rare), .45 ACP revolver, a first aid kit, and a rope

4. Sapphire Placebo

Equipment: A MP5 Submachine gun, Specialized Medical Gun, medical equipment

5. Spikus Fyre

Equipment: A 12 gauge shotgun, a flamethrower, a longsword

6. End Game

Equipment: 6.5mm Grendel battle rifle, .45 pistol, knife, gas mask, flashlight, weapon's cleaning equipment, specialized own kit, ten unique rounds

7. Silver Shine

Equipment: Glock 42 .380, longsword, battle axe, and basic provisions

8. Hazmat

Equipment: Specialized battlesaddle with two guns with unique attributes

Extra:

1. Flame Streak

Equipment: Knives, and a pair of pistols

----

Basic Rules:

1. No alicorns/changeling/whatever. Ok? Griffons, sure, zebras, sure. Just keep it toned down.

2. Make sure to keep your character at least sensible in carrying items and such. 

3. Any history your character has will be modified according to plot. Exceptions are allowed.

4. Use basic grammar, just basic. I do not expect top-notch, but please capitalize and such. 

5. Have fun ^^.

----

Equipment:

Basic Provisions:

Each character will receive a standard survival kit designed for long-term deployment. Each item inside are fair in quality and have enough food to last at least two weeks. Each survival kit has a general 'cover almost everything' style going for it with the weight and size being reduced with magical runes embedded inside. It is to note, however, that the survival kits do not carry anything that may be considered advanced and generally the items inside are designed for being used as makeshifts. (Note: Any questions on what the survival kit will have, just ask me. I will, also, in certain situations give you a list of what you can use from the survival kit to get out of trouble or at least try). 

A gas mask of basic built is given to each character. They are given six filters in total and they'll have to scavenge if they need more. Each filter should be good for six hours and more if needed, but it is not recommended. 

Each character will also be given a dumb 'datapad' that wraps around one of the forehoof. Each datapad is capable of detecting if the air is poisonous and has a range of 200m, stores information that is either typed in or entered in using a datachip, and is capable of giving basic health reports (i.e. informs you what you broke, your heart rate, and blood blood pressure).

Any other equipment will be up to the character to get. They are required to bring at least a form of weaponry, especially a ranged one. Any equipment brought must be deemed reasonable for the mission. 

Item Grading:

Items are graded as such. The better the item is, the more durable, longer lasting, more effective, and more stronger it is. Good and below items are common to find while professional and prototypes are rare.

Equestrian Artifacts (If there is anything that one would want, it is an Equestrian Artifact. These include Elements of Harmony to more recent items made before Disharmony).

Prototypes (Extremely good items though some might be risky as they are prototypes).

Professional (Top of the line, nothing better except for prototypes).

Superior (In between Professional and Good. Less common than good and far more than Professional).

Good (Near top items, generally used by enthusiasts).

Fair (Average day to day items).

Poor (Used goods that aren’t that well-made or used to be but are weared down).

----

Disharmonic Equestrian World:

Mareington:

The city of Mareington was once a prospering metropolis of grand proportions. Thirty million souls once called the city, but now only a mere few thousand still live unaffected by Disharmonic influences. Its great skyscrapers that seem to reach to the stars themselves could be seen for miles around and still are, in the dark atmosphere that surrounds the great city. 

Covering approximately ten square miles, Mareington was once nicknamed the "City that even the heavens can see." During the rule of the four princesses, Mareington was the gem; an icon of progression. It was grander than Canterlot, it was more peaceful than Manehattan, and its citizens were ever law-abiding. The greatest of universities were located there and many ponies of all lives moved to Mareington for a better life or for a greater experience. 

In Disharmonic times, things changed. The city remains large, but it is quickly crumbling down. The large skyscrapers are now slowly falling one by one under the corrupting influences. During the great panic when Disharmony acted, its centers of knowledge were burned during rioting and the many fights over the preservation of information. What was great and beautiful is now but a ruined trash filled with creatures that hunger.

Edited by Demirari

can i join?

Hello! Welcome to Disharmonic Times, an RP that is centered around a fallen Equestria and the retrieval of three items that will bring salvation(?) to ponies. This is an RP that is dark but adventurous, so don't be too horrified, it won't hurt. I must tell you all that deaths will happen, but

The reason for the RP being in the planning stage is that I'm open to people suggesting somethings at this stage. I want to make this RP fun and engaging and I want people's ideas on monsters, locations, etc. (Note, I do have locations, monsters, and others but I want more of them. ^^)

Below is the basic plot.

----

This is the year 2153 and ponykind had been forced into the mountains and underground. It is not nuclear war that led to this… no, it was ponykind’s own doing. Nature came with a vengeance, bringing destruction to the pegasi and tore into the great cities of Equestria. Disharmony, taking advantage of desperate times, came like a fog. With nature and Disharmony working together, they tore at the pillars of pony society, dismantling it piece by piece.

Corruption spread as ponykind fell in great numbers, becoming creatures of horror or decaying on the broken streets. The princesses tried their best, but without the Elements of Harmony, they fell too. Sinking into their flesh, the malevolent disharmony twisted them into mere puppets. It was a signal at that point that hope was all lost and ponies began retreating either underground or to the great above where they could avoid the wrath of nature.

Nature had fallen settled into a calm but chaotic pattern. It is at this point that ponykind will bid for survival in these dark times. New information gathered by brave scouts had pointed to Mareington, a great city of research and progress in days old, as a key for survival. Three chips, created before and during the horror years, will be their salvation. It is up to eight ponies to retrieve them.

These eight are chosen by luck or by skills, it matters not. All watches these eight and all will pray or damn them. Careful, for Disharmony watches for hope.

----

The eight ponies will be given basic survival kits, a gas mask, and the group will share a tool bag. Keep these items safe, especially the gas mask and the tool bag. They are all going to need them in their trek into the ruined city of Mareington, to retrieve those chips. Also, it is recommended to carry a melee weapon and some ranged ones.

Since it is year 2153, there will be some advanced technologies. Be free, but remember they won't have plasma rifles and such.

----

Slots:

1. Gentle Secret

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

4. OPEN

5. OPEN

6. OPEN

7. OPEN

8. OPEN

----

Basic Rules:

1. No alicorns/changeling/whatever. Ok? Griffons, sure, zebras, sure. Just keep it toned down.

2. Make sure to keep your character at least sensible in carrying items and such. 

3. Use basic grammar, just basic. I do not expect top-notch, but please capitalize and such. 

4. Have fun ^^.

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/chatterbox-r4555

this is my OC chatterbox, she is a news reporter, i dont know what she would bring, maybe food and first aid kits i guess, what you suggest?

Food, first aid supplies, and such would be good to bring. She would also probably bring a sword? Something that is melee in nature that she can use with her magic with great efficiency. A small pistol would also be recommended. 

She could also easily be a moral-supporter and help in taking care of injuries and such. 

Food, first aid supplies, and such would be good to bring. She would also probably bring a sword? Something that is melee in nature that she can use with her magic with great efficiency. A small pistol would also be recommended. 

She could also easily be a moral-supporter and help in taking care of injuries and such. 

Okay she can do that

Okay, Demi!

Sapphire Placebo is her name. I don't have a character page for her, but since backstory doesn't really matter here, personality will be explained later. She'll bring along hefty medical supplies, medical training, a decent side-arm, and if mediguns can be a thing I'd like to get in on that. 

-Ducks <3

Oh, and just as a notice, since the picture doesn't have a cutie mark, its normally a red cross symbol. I know, so original...

post-12375-0-37663300-1439876829_thumb.png

Well since having little to no backstory doesn't seem to be an issue I would like to be in. Link is in sig. As for Equipment I would like a flamethrower a 12 gauge shotgun and a longsword. I'm not good with long ranges so why should he be since it's basically pony me. I would also like a gas mask just because reasons... Never know when you may need one.

Okay, Demi!

Sapphire Placebo is her name. I don't have a character page for her, but since backstory doesn't really matter here, personality will be explained later. She'll bring along hefty medical supplies, medical training, a decent side-arm, and if mediguns can be a thing I'd like to get in on that. 

-Ducks <3

Oh, and just as a notice, since the picture doesn't have a cutie mark, its normally a red cross symbol. I know, so original...

Maybe a good submachine gun? Mediguns are op, but maybe a pistol designed to infuse the target with either short-term energy boosts or heals them over time and lessens extreme injuries. They are loaded with a tube filled with stored magic/chemicals that does those things, depending on what setting the gun is on. 

Well since having little to no backstory doesn't seem to be an issue I would like to be in. Link is in sig. As for Equipment I would like a flamethrower a 12 gauge shotgun and a longsword. I'm not good with long ranges so why should he be since it's basically pony me. I would also like a gas mask just because reasons... Never know when you may need one.

Sure thing, sounds like he's going to be the heavy tank fella. Now, here's the funny thing about the gas mask. The basic provisions include a gas mask and it is mandatory due to some areas having airborne attributes that can corrupt ponies if inhale or straight out kill them. 

The basic gas mask they'll give will be one that requires the filters to be changed six hours. There are more advanced ones, such as ones that recharge using 'magic batteries' or ones that borrow a pony's magic to either filter or to clean the filters. You can either go with the basic or the ones that charge with magic batteries; I'd like to keep the last two as stuff the characters can get if they find them. 

(edited)

Hey all, I'm thinking about joining, but I am traveling for the next week so I may not be able to post till then.

I don't think that'll be much of a problem. I can always help you get in when you come back.

Edited by Demirari

Sure thing, sounds like he's going to be the heavy tank fella. Now, here's the funny thing about the gas mask. The basic provisions include a gas mask and it is mandatory due to some areas having airborne attributes that can corrupt ponies if inhale or straight out kill them. 

The basic gas mask they'll give will be one that requires the filters to be changed six hours. There are more advanced ones, such as ones that recharge using 'magic batteries' or ones that borrow a pony's magic to either filter or to clean the filters. You can either go with the basic or the ones that charge with magic batteries; I'd like to keep the last two as stuff the characters can get if they find them. 

I'm fine with just the basic.

I don't think that'll be much of a problem. I can always help you get in when you come back.

Cool. I have a break right now since my traveling partner is the one driving, so I'll just ask some intermediate questions.

Are ranged weapons allowed to have exotic calibers? I'm thinking of having a gunsmith type of character who uses rounds he makes himself from existing ammo.

(edited)

Cool. I have a break right now since my traveling partner is the one driving, so I'll just ask some intermediate questions.

Are ranged weapons allowed to have exotic calibers? I'm thinking of having a gunsmith type of character who uses rounds he makes himself from existing ammo.

That'll be allowed as long as it doesn't go overboard in what he can make.

This looks like an interesting RP. Mind if I join?

Sure thing! Edited by Demirari

That'll be allowed as long as it doesn't go overboard in what he can make.

Sure thing!

I'll definitely avoid going overboard, just keeping things to re-chambering and reloading, not making rounds from scratch for the most part.

Here is my character: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/silver-shine-r8738

Her items are a Glock 42 .380 (Although she doesn't have the best aim and prefers to use melee weapons), a longsword, a battle axe, and basic provisions.

Everything looks good, except for the history part. The event happened around 30-40 years ago. Probably should had explained that in my first post, my apologies. Maybe it could be her dream to serve as a royal guard in Canterlot one day?

Someone else is coming to join this RP, so we are able to start soonish, and by that, I mean tomorrow or Thursday. If anyone else wants to join, they can. Hard limit of players is ten.

• Brohoof 1

Everything looks good, except for the history part. The event happened around 30-40 years ago. Probably should had explained that in my first post, my apologies. Maybe it could be her dream to serve as a royal guard in Canterlot one day?

Someone else is coming to join this RP, so we are able to start soonish, and by that, I mean tomorrow or Thursday. If anyone else wants to join, they can. Hard limit of players is ten.

Ah okay, I didn't know how long ago it had happened. Let me fix that.

EDIT: How does it look now?

Edited by Birdy the Phoenix