Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCan meetup, anypony?

User07832407840

Well, the weekend we have been waiting for is approaching, everypony. And so it is time I ask: is there anyone who wants to meet up and hang out at some point during the con? We could discuss where and when in this thread, but basically if there's even just a few of us here who want to meet up, for whatever length of time, I think that'd be fun. Possibly, it could be for lunch (there's a mall nearby, and a Subway), or maybe for drinks (if that's what people are interested in—there is an Irish pub attached to the hotel I think), but it doesn't have to be. Could be as simple as meeting in the hallway and saying "hi," I guess.

My brother and I will be there, and Intenzifier has expressed interest in a meetup, so that'd be three people already (and perhaps Tross might be interested, and if so, that'd make it four). So yeah, what do you people think about this, about when/where we'd meet (and what day), if we'd go for lunch somewhere, or drinks, or whatever, I dunno, you people suggest stuff. And if no one replies to this thread, I'm going to simply declare a time and place that my brother and I will be at and anypony who wishes to can approach us and say hi. We'll be wearing hats that look sort of like cowboy hats except red with a white stripe down the middle and a red maple leaf on the front and little ponies hanging from the brim. So we should be pretty noticeable.
And that's it, I guess. Have a fun BronyCAN everypony!!! :D

Also, useful link for schedule information to assist us in planning a time: http://schedule.bronycan.ca/ .

Edited by Cork Top

As somepony who will be going alone again this year, I will definitely be interested in meeting up at some point while I'm at BronyCAN. I probably won't be able to come for the early morning as it's a bit of a drive from my place, but if you want to meet up mid-day I'm definitely up for that. Heck, it's not a very big venue so odds are we'll run into each other in a lineup or at a panel. If so, I might join up with you right then and there. I would be up for lunch or dinner, or consuming non-alcoholic beverages (since I will be driving and agree with the law against alcohol impaired driving). If you want to go to a pub though, I'm cool with that.

• Brohoof 1

This year, I will be only attending the Friday events as I am now currently live in Abbotsford. 

I am getting there early, as I am planning on hosting a panel on bullying (my first time doing anything like this).

If anyone is going to BronyCAN, they should tell other ponies that they are members on here, in case they might miss this post.

• Brohoof 2

So Intenzifier has messaged me that unfortunately he won't be attending BronyCAN this year due to events that have come up. Tross, that sounds great. Aquaryan, would you like to come with us to get lunch somewhere after your panel? Like, at the mall or something, it'd be within walking distance. According to the schedule online, your panel ends at 12:30pm, and we would have until 2:00pm if we want to get back in time for the Black Gryph0n / Michelle Creber panel. This would all work then if y'all are okay with missing the panel about furries and missing the Ice Cream Social (which costs extra money, so I won't be attending that...). But don't feel pressured to come if you don't want to, it's fine. Whatever you want to do. And Tross, how does that time sound for you if you want to get lunch with my brother and me? Or we could all do dinner, if you all would prefer that. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm cool with getting lunch at that time. I wasn't that interested in the furry panel, or paying for the Ice Cream Social, so sure. Come to think of it, I should start getting ready for tomorrow. I'll have to look through the list of panels again and decide which ones I want to attend. I did something of the sort when I registered for BronyCAN, but I haven't looked at the list since, so I should refresh my memory.

Alrighty, then... lunch it is! We will meet... somewhere. Uh. How about outside of the Vendor's Hall? I don't know, I just chose a random location. If that sounds like a good location, then lets do that, and then decide where to go for lunch, preferably somewhere close, then be back in time for the 2:00pm Black Gryph0n/Michelle Creber panel which I'd like to attend.

So just go to the area outside the Vendor's Hall as soon as you can after 12:30pm and approach the two guys wearing Canada-flag themed hats with ponies dangling from the brim and say hi. AND TO ANYONE ELSE READING THIS THREAD AND NOT REPLYING, you may do this too, and be like, hey, I saw your thread on MLPF, I wanna come.
Okay. I'll see you guys at the convention!

Alrighty, then... lunch it is! We will meet... somewhere. Uh. How about outside of the Vendor's Hall? I don't know, I just chose a random location. If that sounds like a good location, then lets do that, and then decide where to go for lunch, preferably somewhere close, then be back in time for the 2:00pm Black Gryph0n/Michelle Creber panel which I'd like to attend.

So just go to the area outside the Vendor's Hall as soon as you can after 12:30pm and approach the two guys wearing Canada-flag themed hats with ponies dangling from the brim and say hi. AND TO ANYONE ELSE READING THIS THREAD AND NOT REPLYING, you may do this too, and be like, hey, I saw your thread on MLPF, I wanna come.

Okay. I'll see you guys at the convention!

Sounds good to me. See you there!:)

I'm thinking of leaving soon for the day, and just coming back tomorrow. I tried to find you guys but maybe you're in your hotel rooms.

I got a pretty good haul of swag. You won't believe what I managed to fit in my backpack. I think I could take or leave the remaiming panels for today, so if I don't see you, I've gone home for tonight.

Ok, somehow I edited my last post instead of adding a reply. I guess that's what I get for using the mobile version of the site on my cell. Edit: it's still doing it. Maybe it's because I'm replying to my own post. As for the swag I got, this vid should sum it up nicely: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDOM2JbyYgE

• Brohoof 2

I had to leave shortly after 730pm and couldn't find you, guys, either.  I am home now.  Boy, am I wishing that I could have stayed longer. 

Thanks for attending my panel, this morning.  I really appreciated it.

• Brohoof 1

I had to leave shortly after 730pm and couldn't find you, guys, either.  I am home now.  Boy, am I wishing that I could have stayed longer. 

Thanks for attending my panel, this morning.  I really appreciated it.

You're welcome. Thank you for having the courage to speak out about bullying.
  • Brohoof 1

You're welcome. Thank you for having the courage to speak out about bullying.

I did have a lot to say and there were a lot of things that I could have spoke about.  I opted to open the discussion with everyone to get their input on this subject.  Afterwards, I had people come up and mention my talk.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I did have a lot to say and there were a lot of things that I could have spoke about.  I opted to open the discussion with everyone to get their input on this subject.  Afterwards, I had people come up and mention my talk.  :pinkie:

That's awesome! A lot of people deal with bullying, yet it doesn't seem to be discussed very often, or at least not often enough, so I'm sure people were happy you stepped up to the plate.:)
  • Brohoof 1

Once again....thanks for driving us out to White Spot.  It was a good lunch.

It was good to see familiar faces from last year's con, as well.

Agreed. Yeah, thanks. By the way, we decided we want to go out for lunch with you again at next year's con if you're up for it Aquaryan.:)
  • Brohoof 1

Agreed. Yeah, thanks. By the way, we decided we want to go out for lunch with you again at next year's con if you're up for it Aquaryan. :)

I am up for that.  Hoping next year that I would be able to attend the whole weekend.