open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

Axton chuckled, "The way your changelings almost took over Canterlot was worthy of evil. But I figured you'd respond that way. For you see, I was appointed Soulhunter for Tartarus via a cursed accident because of a deal I made. I now travel Equestria to hunt down it's evil/and or escaped souls. I knew you weren't evil. That question was merely a test."   He grew somewhat sympathetic, and asked her, "This is what I find odd; your subjects. Why are they not with you as they normally are?"

Chrysalis tensed harshly " Thats privileged information. Not even I know anymore..."  she grimaced "What do you want pony?... I have much to do, and a mouth to feed" 

Starlight chuckled softly, though not meaning any harm. "I understand, I'm used to getting...untrusted." She admitted, smiling a crooked grin.

Rhetoric sighed "Thats a shame... You gave me no reason to mistrust you Ms. Glimmer" he looked at the clock "huh...the day is almost upon us... And I'm not tired at all. If your well rested Ms glimmer, I'd like to find Miss Lulamoon, after all you know what they say, there's no rest for the wicked" he flashed her a cheeky smile "Who knows, we may spot a few other unicorns on our way" 

@@Unicorncob,@@Fractured,

The Prince was about to explode when suddenly his guard came trotting up  

"Sir... I beg you, can we please somewhere to rest... I'm utterly exhausted" Stonewall wasn't lying, he had been up nearly two days straight watching over the Prince

Blueblood sighed "it is late isn't it...well I hope Auntie has rooms for me and my party at least" he pointed to both his guard and Indus  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fractured,

Ice felt the ground turn into makeshift quicksand, when he narrowed his eyes, and said, "Really?" He then, jumped to avoid it, froze the quicksand beneath him, shattered it all with punches, and left a hole in the ground as he jumped out, "Ya kiddin right?" He froze the vines that had Twilight pinned, and broke them off of her, "This is gonna get you nowhere. Do you know who I am? Icesius Blizzard, dammit. Ice Clan descendant. Look it up, it's in the history books!"

He shook his head, preparing  to fight as he looked at the mare, "Anyway. The offer is still on the table. Either speak calmly, tell us who you are, and your motives. Or we can do this the hard way, even if I have to freeze the information out of you!" he said with complete malice, until he grew calm, "But of course none of us want that. So think before you make your next move."

----------------

@@The Down Trotten,

Axton was hung on a particular word in her sentence, "A mouth? Wait wait wait wait, what happened to your entire hive? Did they kick you out or something?

Edited by J.R.

Rhetoric sighed "Thats a shame... You gave me no reason to mistrust you Ms. Glimmer" he looked at the clock "huh...the day is almost upon us... And I'm not tired at all. If your well rested Ms glimmer, I'd like to find Miss Lulamoon, after all you know what they say, there's no rest for the wicked" he flashed her a cheeky smile "Who knows, we may spot a few other unicorns on our way" 

Starlight smiled and looked up at the clock. She blinked, being rather surprised herself, at the time. "Wow, I don't feel tired at all, actually."

She stood up and stretched herself. "Why not, something to give us an excuse to wander the city."

And get close to Twilight, she thought darkly.

The Prince was about to explode when suddenly his guard came trotting up  

"Sir... I beg you, can we please somewhere to rest... I'm utterly exhausted" Stonewall wasn't lying, he had been up nearly two days straight watching over the Prince

Blueblood sighed "it is late isn't it...well I hope Auntie has rooms for me and my party at least" he pointed to both his guard and Indus  

Indus blinked slowly, realising that he indeed had no quarters for the night. He was planning to check in at a hotel, but sleeping at the Princess's royal chambers for free sounded like a far more appealing notion.

"No need to spare no expense on my account," He said to the secretary, bowing his head some more, "Just a tegular room will do."

Starlight smiled and looked up at the clock. She blinked, being rather surprised herself, at the time. "Wow, I don't feel tired at all, actually."   She stood up and stretched herself. "Why not, something to give us an excuse to wander the city."   And get close to Twilight, she thought darkly.  

Rhetoric  laughed "Lets go see us some night life shall we?: he opened to the door  "Ladies first. I do believe we should head to the hospital first... She may be that way. Though some misadventure may have dragged her side ways...who knows" 

Axton was hung on a particular word in her sentence, "A mouth? Wait wait wait wait, what happened to your entire hive? Did they kick you out or something?

"that is none of your business! NOW WHAT DO YOU WANT PONY!" she didn't appreciate her answers dodged..especially now 

• Brohoof 1

@@The Down Trotten,

Axton flinched, and spoke deadpan, "Calm your jets, ma'am. Jeez. I only wanted to see if I could help you somehow because you looked pitifully sad. Plus, considering I could not detect evil in you, I was more inclined to offer you help. But if you don't let me, I can't."

@@J.R.,

Falza casted ​Hazelayering Axton's eyes clouding his own sight just to mess with him, becuase he doesnt
really like this guy's tone or pitty talk while bothering Chrysalis.

This would give him some time to have a bit of fun and helping her out.

Falza stays silent looking the other way behind a building's outside support beam.

Cloud Chaser grinned and gave her wings another ruffle, before spreading them and taking off after Lightning.

"So," She began, grinning, "What kind of food do you like?"

Lightning flew up high, and looped back down to a lower altitude. He loved the feeling of absolute freedom that came with Having wings, and often exercised his wings in order to savor the moment. As he did so, he considered Cloud Chaser's question. Now that he thought about it he wasn't really the kind of pony to turn down any meal.

"Me? I'd eat pretty much anything. I'm not picky at all! What were you thinking?" he replied as he flew back toward Cloud.

Edited by IndigoStarstorm
  • Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

“...” Ash paused for a moment before approaching Pinkie Pie and silently collecting up the top half of boxes from her back before walking past her, leading the way. “...The cave entrance shouldn’t be too far from here. The sooner we get there the better…”

Ash was correct, it wasn’t far until they came upon the waterfall that led down from Canterlot and led down the river into Saddle Lake. Ash led Pinkie around a thin hidden path that circled behind the waterfall. A large open cave entrance awaited them.

Ash set the boxes down; far enough inside the cave that the water wouldn’t damage them, then turned to face Pinkie Pie, “Well… ta dah.” He motioned rather unenthusiastic towards the cave while he spoke.

-----

“Hmm hmm, she’s a killer queen! Gunpowder, gelatine. Dynamite with a laser beam! Hrm hrm hmm hrm…” Fuse took another swig of the bottle he left Pandemonium with after the bartender cut him off. Drunkenly wandering through the streets singing to himself like an idiot. Another swig and the bottle was empty. “Ah Tartarus.”

Fuse tossed the bottle over his shoulder; it shattered on the ground as he continued to stumble forwards.

Edited by Star Saber

Rhetoric  laughed "Lets go see us some night life shall we?: he opened to the door  "Ladies first. I do believe we should head to the hospital first... She may be that way. Though some misadventure may have dragged her side ways...who knows" 

"The hospital?" Starlight repeated, blinking and raising an eyebrow, "Well...not exactly what I'd choose for nightlife, but to each his own."

She smiled as she walked out, happy to finally receive some manners from somepony.

Lightning flew up high, and looped back down to a lower altitude. He loved the feeling of absolute freedom that came with Having wings, and often exercised his wings in order to savor the moment. As he did so, he considered Cloud Chaser's question. Now that he thought about it he wasn't really the kind of pony to turn down any meal.

"Me? I'd eat pretty much anything. I'm not picky at all! What were you thinking?" he replied as he flew back toward Cloud.

"Yeah, me too really," Cloud agreed, grinning and enjoying the feeling of her wings getting a good stretch, "I could go for a hayburger though, sound good?"

• Brohoof 2

"The hospital?" Starlight repeated, blinking and raising an eyebrow, "Well...not exactly what I'd choose for nightlife, but to each his own." She smiled as she walked out, happy to finally receive some manners from somepony.  

Walking in the crisp night air, Rhetoric was glad to be free of the small apartment "You'd be surprised" he replied to Starlight's last comment  "A lot of ponies end up at the hospital, like the Princesses for example. I'd imagine that would interest a pony such as yourself.

Not that I encourage taking advantage of said situation, but it seems I have a lose tongue." he sighed "...You know... do you ever struggle with a duality of your own nature?... I mean if you even feel you have a duality of sorts?" 

• Brohoof 1

Walking in the crisp night air, Rhetoric was glad to be free of the small apartment "You'd be surprised" he replied to Starlight's last comment  "A lot of ponies end up at the hospital, like the Princesses for example. I'd imagine that would interest a pony such as yourself.

Not that I encourage taking advantage of said situation, but it seems I have a lose tongue." he sighed "...You know... do you ever struggle with a duality of your own nature?... I mean if you even feel you have a duality of sorts?" 

Starlight's ears perked up at Rhetoric's comment. Was he implying the Princesses were in the hospital?

A ghost of a dark smirk crossed her muzzle for a moment, before turning to the stallion with a neutral expression, acknowledging his question.

"I'm quite comfortable with who I am," She responded, raising her chin proudly, "Why do you ask?"

Yuki shook her head, "I'm afraid not. I'm an earth pony. And my son is the one who earned the sole right to use our clan's power. All I have is a set of nunchakus that were given to me, but that's pretty much it."

She looked into her now empty box of sweets, "Oh dear. It seems I have to make more."

"ice is the one who uses the clan's sole power...tell me, if the clan were to grow, would he...say, share the power? to let every member of the ice clan have ice magic, again? or...will new members have to work for their power?"

yrel gasped. "no more sweets?" she had been merely taking them, and putting them in her bag, at this point. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"...alright, caliber. thats enough for today." 

caliber snapped the book shut. "FINALLY." he said, getting up and stretching. "any more readin, and i would've probably turned into a book worm."

ronin merely smiled, and gestured towards his door. "be sure to come back, tomorrow. oh, and your friend violet left a short while ago. something about a challenge."

"guess that means i got the rest of the day to myself..." caliber stretched a bit more, and walked out the door, with a final nod to ronin. "take care, sensei." 

caliber left, and started taking a stroll in bangcolt. hopin' trouble finds him.

@Unicorncob

violet was making her way to her dojo. after all, she couldnt exactly stay at ronin's forever. 

she came to the door, and blinked at xiang. "...alright, you ready to do this?"

• Brohoof 1

Starlight's ears perked up at Rhetoric's comment. Was he implying the Princesses were in the hospital? A ghost of a dark smirk crossed her muzzle for a moment, before turning to the stallion with a neutral expression, acknowledging his question.   "I'm quite comfortable with who I am," She responded, raising her chin proudly, "Why do you ask?"

Rhetoric looked at the ground as he struggled to say the right words " I... Well I was about to go on a monologue that I thought maybe you'd relate too, but well I have to realize that while we seem to be similar, we're probably very different" he looked at her a bit meekly 

"I still don't know your intentions here MS. Glimmer, and frankly I haven't thrown away the idea that your here for revenge. And that frieghtnes me, even though it has nothing to do with me, I didn't want this world to lose a brilliant mind to the fires of revenge..."

he looked up at the night sky, stopping for a moment "...I wonder if your parents looked up as much in the same way I am on the day you were born...." and with that he slipped into one of his existential moments... and his path veered off from the hospital. He needed a walk in the woods, clear his head a bit 

• Brohoof 1

@@P-Jay,

Yuki thought about that, and gave what she thought was the best answer, "I know that if he has children, that they will inherit his Ice Clan genetics. If he has unicorn children, then it'll be obvious where the power goes. And if he has earth pony or pegasi children, then they would have to work for their power, if they wanted it. If it is not inherited, then it's never forced onto a foal. And even if it is inherited, they don't have to focus on the path of the power if they do not want it."

She sighed, "That is....if he were to have foals. And to do that, he has to find a mare he likes. I don't mean to be doubtful in him, but I am simply worried. Firstly, if he doesn't find a mare he likes, or if he does, and doesn't get with her, I'm afraid he won't live happily, as he's constantly dreamed of finding a mare. Secondly, as one of the few clan members left, I am afraid he is the only one left who could make the clan grow. I just hope he can...."

Strix continued to wander around the city, hoping someone or something would come along and try to give him some trouble. He wanted trouble, and a lot of it.

violet was making her way to her dojo. after all, she couldnt exactly stay at ronin's forever. 

she came to the door, and blinked at xiang. "...alright, you ready to do this?"

Xiang's eyes shot open at the sound of Violet's voice, and he got onto his hooves and leaped onto the street with a front flip.

"I am," He replied, nodding at the mare.

Rhetoric looked at the ground as he struggled to say the right words " I... Well I was about to go on a monologue that I thought maybe you'd relate too, but well I have to realize that while we seem to be similar, we're probably very different" he looked at her a bit meekly 

"I still don't know your intentions here MS. Glimmer, and frankly I haven't thrown away the idea that your here for revenge. And that frieghtnes me, even though it has nothing to do with me, I didn't want this world to lose a brilliant mind to the fires of revenge..."

he looked up at the night sky, stopping for a moment "...I wonder if your parents looked up as much in the same way I am on the day you were born...." and with that he slipped into one of his existential moments... and his path veered off from the hospital. He needed a walk in the woods, clear his head a bit 

Starlight's neutral expression didn't change as she listened to Rhetoric. She had to admit though, nopony has ever admired her as much, not even her old villagers.

She blinked, taken a bit off-guard by the comment about her parents, and followed him toward the woods.

"My parents did have high hopes for me as a filly," She answered, sounding a bit distant, then blinked, "Are you sure the hospital is this way?"

• Brohoof 1

Starlight's neutral expression didn't change as she listened to Rhetoric. She had to admit though, nopony has ever admired her as much, not even her old villagers.   She blinked, taken a bit off-guard by the comment about her parents, and followed him toward the woods. "My parents did have high hopes for me as a filly," She answered, sounding a bit distant, then blinked, "Are you sure the hospital is this way?"

He didn't look up from his path  "Well, the right path isn't always the most direct one. Come with me Ms. Glimmer, perhaps a little solstice from the world will do us both good. An isolation from not only ponies, but ourselves as well... Tell me Ms. Glimmer, in your time alone and in your village, did you spend a lot of time in thought... not just typical thinking, but deep thought, like to the point where it seemed you were the only pony that truly existed?" his voice sounded distached and as they entered the woods, he almost had an otherworldly presence, almost like his subconscious had simply taken over his body and his physical form was wavering 

Jade grunted as her leg was grabbed again by Chisel. It was quite a surprise to see a pony of his stature be so nimble!

She couldn't keep ducking and weaving forever; if she wanted to win, she'd have to land a hit. But she'd have to see where he was first!

And then she spotted the glow of the wooden piece in her muzzle. Chisel didn't seem to notice it, so how could she?

...what if...?

While she was lifted above Chisel, she spat the piece of hilt into the gap in the flap made by the stallion's saddlebag, before she was flung away. Using her wings, she rolled herself backward and skidded to a halt across the cave floor.

Chisel grunted in satisfaction after she was flung onto the stone floor. "Alright, I've stalled enough." He said as he scraped one hoof across the floor. He then began to charge at her while she was still down, leading with his left front shoulder, aiming to knock her out for good but staying silent.

Edited by Literally Snails

xton flinched, and spoke deadpan, "Calm your jets, ma'am. Jeez. I only wanted to see if I could help you somehow because you looked pitifully sad. Plus, considering I could not detect evil in you, I was more inclined to offer you help. But if you don't let me, I can't."

the former queen squinted her eyes 'And how could you possibly help me... Keeper of souls. Or whatever you are?" she just wanted to find a place to rest... or something to feed on... This day had been quite much... and her emotions were tiring her out  "Come now, be quick about it.: 

@@The Down Trotten,

Axton cleared the fog that had clouded his eyes after rubbing them for a bit, and spoke again to Chrysalis, "Maybe I can convince your subjects to take you back. That or, I can be an ally. Maybe if some of these changelings have gone against your rule, I could probably help. Or damn, at least be glad someone is trying to talk to you. Come on, walk with me, and try to relieve yourself for a bit before you die of stress buildup."

He didn't look up from his path  "Well, the right path isn't always the most direct one. Come with me Ms. Glimmer, perhaps a little solstice from the world will do us both good. An isolation from not only ponies, but ourselves as well... Tell me Ms. Glimmer, in your time alone and in your village, did you spend a lot of time in thought... not just typical thinking, but deep thought, like to the point where it seemed you were the only pony that truly existed?" his voice sounded distached and as they entered the woods, he almost had an otherworldly presence, almost like his subconscious had simply taken over his body and his physical form was wavering 

Starlight raised an eyebrow as she detected the...strange delivery of Rhetoric's voice. Yet all the same, she felt compelled to answer.

"All I truly thought about most of the time was how my village was prospering with more and more ponies coming to join it. And of how I could expand. Why?"

Chisel grunted in satisfaction after she was flung onto the stone floor. "Alright, I've stalled enough." He said as he scraped one hoof across the floor. He then began to charge at her while she was still down, leading with his left front shoulder, aiming to knock her out for good but staying silent.

Jade smirked as the illuminating outline of the wooden hilt was visible through Chisel's saddlebag. Her hunch came through and he had no idea!

She lowered herself and awaited the right moment, then leapt up to vault over her opponent and attempt to slam both hind hooves into his back.

• Brohoof 1

Well that was pretty unsatisfying,... Falza had heard enough about the conversation then kept walking foward.
Nothing he could've done at the moment anyway, much already occupied.
He wondered around slowly until something caught his attention or popped into mind.

Starlight raised an eyebrow as she detected the...strange delivery of Rhetoric's voice. Yet all the same, she felt compelled to answer. "All I truly thought about most of the time was how my village was prospering with more and more ponies coming to join it. And of how I could expand. Why?"    

Disappointed by her answer, he seemed to be shaken out of his "trance" "Um...just wondering..." he heaved a sad sigh, almost sounding lonely 

"isn't the forest tranquil... I wish I could be as serene as this sometimes, utterly content with my existence..." he stopped "I apologize,,, this must be incredibly boring for you, and I promised to find Trixie" he looked at her incredibly guilty  

@J.R.@Unicorncob@The Down Trotten

Terra looked down at the ground for a long moment. Suddenly, she tensed.

"I can't lose now. I can't..." Terra's horn glowed suddenly, and the forest began to shake again. From the floor, a dozen tightly knit pointed spikes of solid earth jutted out from around her, missing the teleporting Twilight by a fraction. More and more began to emerge surrounding her in a low lying circular wall, as a group of massive spiked vines vines three times as thick around as ponies waist surged out of the ground around her, attempting to wrap, crush, and impale anything in their path. Twilight was forced into the air to dodge the vines, which began to follow her up, and as Trixie and Sunset Shimmer arrived on the scene, they quickly exchanged looks of fear and surprise as the vines quickly began to surge forward for them too.

"Yeah, me too really," Cloud agreed, grinning and enjoying the feeling of her wings getting a good stretch, "I could go for a hayburger though, sound good?"

"Yeah, sure! Do you know where the nearest place is?"

While Lightning would've accepted anything, he had a particular love for hayburgers. At this point, he felt like his stomach was eating itself, so he was pretty excited to get to the food. He looked to see if there were any hayburger restaurants in sight.

(edited)

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten, @@Unicorncob,

Ice saw the vines around the ground, and prepared himself to strike back, but when the vines went for Trixie and Sunset Shimmer, he had to hurry and make a choice; attack, or defend. And considering who was in harm's way, he chose to defend.

"Guys, get back!!" he shouted at Trixie, and Sunset as he jumped over the spike, "Glad you could...ow...make it. The party's just starting!" His hoof began to bleed  from the spike as he froze it, and broke it, "Cheap plant tricks are no better than a venus fly trap."

He jumped back again to gain some space for another attack, and stepped forward towards the mare, "Last warning; give it up, before you get dropped like a bad habit."

Edited by J.R.