open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

Disappointed by her answer, he seemed to be shaken out of his "trance" "Um...just wondering..." he heaved a sad sigh, almost sounding lonely 

"isn't the forest tranquil... I wish I could be as serene as this sometimes, utterly content with my existence..." he stopped "I apologize,,, this must be incredibly boring for you, and I promised to find Trixie" he looked at her incredibly guilty  

"Not at all," Starlight answered honestly, with a shake of her head, "With how...hectic everything's been for me lately, it's kinda nice to wind down a bit. This forest is really peaceful."

Terra looked down at the ground for a long moment. Suddenly, she tensed.

"I can't lose now. I can't..." Terra's horn glowed suddenly, and the forest began to shake again. From the floor, a dozen tightly knit pointed spikes of solid earth jutted out from around her, missing the teleporting Twilight by a fraction. More and more began to emerge surrounding her in a low lying circular wall, as a group of massive spiked vines vines three times as thick around as ponies waist surged out of the ground around her, attempting to wrap, crush, and impale anything in their path. Twilight was forced into the air to dodge the vines, which began to follow her up, and as Trixie and Sunset Shimmer arrived on the scene, they quickly exchanged looks of fear and surprise as the vines quickly began to surge forward for them too.

Ice saw the vines around the ground, and prepared himself to strike back, but when the vines went for Trixie and Sunset Shimmer, he had to hurry and make a choice; attack, or defend. And considering who was in harm's way, he chose to defend.

"Guys, get back!!" he shouted at Trixie, and Sunset as he jumped over the spike, "Glad you could...ow...make it. The party's just starting!" His hoof began to bleed  from the spike as he froze it, and broke it, "Cheap plant tricks are no better than a venus fly trap."

He jumped back again to gain some space for another attack, and stepped forward towards the mare, "Last warning; give it up, before you get dropped like a bad habit."

Starlight suddenly paused, taking aback by the rumbling of the forest itself. "What the heck was that?"

"Yeah, sure! Do you know where the nearest place is?"

While Lightning would've accepted anything, he had a particular love for hayburgers. At this point, he felt like his stomach was eating itself, so he was pretty excited to get to the food. He looked to see if there were any hayburger restaurants in sight.

Cloud grinned toothily at Lightning's answer, and glanced around below for a hayburger restaurant. There had to be something down this street somewhere.

Her eyes widened with delight as a diner caught her eye. "Down here!" She alerted Lightning, and safely touched down onto the pavement.

• Brohoof 1

"Not at all," Starlight answered honestly, with a shake of her head, "With how...hectic everything's been for me lately, it's kinda nice to wind down a bit. This forest is really peaceful."

@@Fractured

Rhetoric heard the rumble too. How could he not? The whole forest seemed to tremble "...I don't know... " he stopped walk and listened for anything else "Well we have two options, turn around and beat a hasty retreat...or...or we could investigate. Now I thought I heard shouting... but I'm not sure. I'm more inclined to go check it out, being a magnet for trouble that I am. What say you, Ms. Glimmer, up for some high adventure?"  His ears kept twitching, like already they wanted the rest of his senses to be committed to figuring out what the commotion was 

@J.R.@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"We want to help you!" Twilight shouted down towards the ground as she continued to rise. The vines that were reaching for her did too, however, so with a flash of purple light, Twilight teleported down under it suddenly. Using raw energy, she cut through the vine, grabbed the severed piece, and flung it out of the clearing below, before she turned to look back down at Terra.

"But you have to stop fighting us!" Twilight paused to descend, but quickly ducked and soared out again as more vines came. On the ground, the earthen spikes that Terra had built around her started to extend and grow, sharper than stakes as they headed across the clearing. Sunset Shimmer's eyes grew wide again; she flung Trixie up with telekinesis, having barely enough time left to shield herself before the spikes came. The impact flung her across the clearing, leaving a sickening crunch as her body dented a nearby tree with the force. Trixie landed roughly on top of the spikes, unharmed, but as she looked back, she gasped audibly.

"Why...? Why would you...?" Trixie looked back at Sunset Shimmer, and cold realization flashed in her eyes. "You... you remembered I couldn't..." She whispered softly, and tears nearly threatened to spill. Sunset Shimmer coughed slightly as she slid down the tree, before looking up over at Trixie.

"That's what friends do...right?" Sunset Shimmer chuckled, which quickly turned into choking coughs of pain. She steadied her breathing, before turning her attention to Terra.

"Terra...please... none of us want this fight..." Sunset Shimmer hacked audibly, but continued. "And somewhere inside, I don't think you want this either. So stop now...for your own good..." She gave another series of coughs, before her energy left her; she fell back against the tree, silent.

Rhetoric heard the rumble too. How could he not? The whole forest seemed to tremble "...I don't know... " he stopped walk and listened for anything else "Well we have two options, turn around and beat a hasty retreat...or...or we could investigate. Now I thought I heard shouting... but I'm not sure. I'm more inclined to go check it out, being a magnet for trouble that I am. What say you, Ms. Glimmer, up for some high adventure?"  His ears kept twitching, like already they wanted the rest of his senses to be committed to figuring out what the commotion was 

Starlight inhaled and let out a deep sigh, then rolled her head to pop her neck joints. She may as well have a bit of positive excitement for once in a long time.

"I don't see why we can't have a look," She agreed, and began trotting on into the forest, ears perking and flicking as she kept aware of any future warnings of danger.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

Ice was steadily fighting back against the spikes, "This is going nowhere!" he said as he made a giant ice hoof to punch through all of the earth spikes that mimicked his own punch as it ran across it. He then looked over to Sunset Shimmer, who was now against a tree, "Shit, we're losing it!"

He ran a bit closer to Terra, and stopped a few feet from her, "If you don't stop right now, I'll have no choice but to take you down by force. And you don't want that to happen..." Ice spears floating in the air appeared all around Terra, as if they were ready to skewer, like he did with Nightingale earlier, but closer to be more threatening, "I don't feel like having to use force on anyone today. This will go easier if you just submit, and tell us why you're doing all of this. If not, then you'll leave me no other option." 

The spears got closer to Terra, "Give. It. Up."

"We could... but I don't think we'd learn much from it. I'm not that good with hoof-to hoof fighting myself." Rain Shadow took a small sigh, grinned, and rubbed the back of her head awkwardly; it'd been ten minutes, and she'd already let somepony down. "Sorry I couldn't be that much help to you. This traveling business sounds pretty important."

"That's alright," Amber said, feeling a tad disappointed. "I suppose we could try something else, then."

She put her hoof up to her chin ponderously.

"I wonder what else I should try and learn...maybe I should brush up on some spells," she thought aloud.

"If I can learn to be evasive enough, I shouldn't need to know how to fight physically."

Starlight inhaled and let out a deep sigh, then rolled her head to pop her neck joints. She may as well have a bit of positive excitement for once in a long time.   "I don't see why we can't have a look," She agreed, and began trotting on into the forest, ears perking and flicking as she kept aware of any future warnings of danger.

@@Fractured, @@J.R.,  

the noise was getting louder, more dangerous, the shouting was starting to form words "...What in the world..." he pushed his legs to go faster, hoping Starlight would keep up. 

before he could stop to think much more. They arrived in a clearing and the sight that awaited him, stunned the philosopher into pun stupidity "....No one said there would be a performance of Plants on Ice..."

• Brohoof 1

the noise was getting louder, more dangerous, the shouting was starting to form words "...What in the world..." he pushed his legs to go faster, hoping Starlight would keep up. 

before he could stop to think much more. They arrived in a clearing and the sight that awaited him, stunned the philosopher into pun stupidity "....No one said there would be a performance of Plants on Ice..."

Starlight went to comment on the situation, before turning to Rhetoric with an incredulous look. "Did you just really...?"

She turned her attention back onto the plant-filled madness, not sure if she knew a plant spell strong enough for this kind of flora.

It would take a minute or two to look through her memory bank of spells...

The spears got closer to Terra, "Give. It. Up."

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"No!" Terra screamed, and earthen spikes jutted out in a cone above her head, shattering the ice spikes. She poured more magic into the ground, and around her, dozens of massive plants twice as big as the first ones surged out of the ground, whipping about like tentacles. Some crawled straight up into the sky to plunge down from above, shattering the field, and Twilight barely dodged in time. Using a quickly conjured shield to deflect the path of one of the plants, she quickly teleported downward, shielding Trixie from the assaulting plants., 

"Trixie, Sunset Shimmer is down!"

"I know." Trixie turned to Twilight, her eyes stained slightly with tears. Outside the pounding of the plants on her shield Twilight paused.

"Trixie... i'm going to get Sunset Shimmer out of here. I need you to stay here and make sure she doesn't get away."

"What?!"

"Trixie!" Twilight shouted, loud enough to echo over the clearing. Trixie flinched.

"Trixie... I know you don't think you can do this. But we have no other choice; this could be our last chance to get Cadence's magic back, and I need to get Sunset Shimmer out of here. You're going to have to." The shield began to bend, and cracks began to show on the surface; Twilight grimaced, then looked back down at Trixie with a soft smile. "You can do it, Trixie; I trust you."

"I..." Trixie looked down, nearly choking on her own words, then looked back up at Twilight. "Trust you."

"Good." The whole shield had fractured now, marked like broken glass; a few more hits would do it in. "On three..."

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured, @@Unicorncob, @@The Down Trotten,

Ice saw Twilight leave, and nodded. He froze the plants and drop kicked them, shattering them, "Come on Trixie, we got this. I'll fight  all night if I have to to defend those who I care about. And if it means keeping Cadence's magic out of the wrong hooves then dammit, I'll keep fighting."

He conjured a giant ice shuriken that acted as a boomerang. He flung it towards Terra which would cut anymore of her plants down on the way in, and the way out.

"No!" Terra screamed, and earthen spikes jutted out in a cone above her head, shattering the ice spikes. She poured more magic into the ground, and around her, dozens of massive plants twice as big as the first ones surged out of the ground, whipping about like tentacles. Some crawled straight up into the sky to plunge down from above, shattering the field, and Twilight barely dodged in time. Using a quickly conjured shield to deflect the path of one of the plants, she quickly teleported downward, shielding Trixie from the assaulting plants., 

"Trixie, Sunset Shimmer is down!"

"I know." Trixie turned to Twilight, her eyes stained slightly with tears. Outside the pounding of the plants on her shield Twilight paused.

"Trixie... i'm going to get Sunset Shimmer out of here. I need you to stay here and make sure she doesn't get away."

"What?!"

"Trixie!" Twilight shouted, loud enough to echo over the clearing. Trixie flinched.

"Trixie... I know you don't think you can do this. But we have no other choice; this could be our last chance to get Cadence's magic back, and I need to get Sunset Shimmer out of here. You're going to have to." The shield began to bend, and cracks began to show on the surface; Twilight grimaced, then looked back down at Trixie with a soft smile. "You can do it, Trixie; I trust you."

"I..." Trixie looked down, nearly choking on her own words, then looked back up at Twilight. "Trust you."

"Good." The whole shield had fractured now, marked like broken glass; a few more hits would do it in. "On three..."

As she neared the scene of the incident, a familiar voice shot into Starlight's ears like nails on chalkboard. The pitch, the authoritative 'I know everything and you should listen to me' tone. The corny friendship and trust spiel.

All of it unleashed a violent whirlwind of memories and emotions within the mare.

She began picking up the pace, moving into a trot, and then a gallop.

"She's here."

@@Fractured,@@J.R., @@Unicorncob,

Rhetoric heard the voice too and at first was more worried about the serious tones in her voice, but paled when he heard Starlights utterance "Wait, Starlight, wait!  doing his best to keep up with the now obviously revenge driven mare 

Able to keep up, he was truely surprised to actually see the scene before him, Trixie, and some earth pony with....magic?  Twilgiht protecting Sunset Shimmer...who looked about as good as he felt a few hours ago. The only logical source of the damage was one solitary unicorn... with some out of this world earth magic,. 

what am I suppose to do?... 

Not seeing much of an option he quickly turned to Starlight "You see that blue unicorn on the ground, that's Trixie, worry about Twilight later... For now, help your fellow down trodden sister" It was the most authoritative voice he had mustered yet, not so much bossy as urgent 

Hoping that would be enough to at least stall a revenge quest, he walked out into the middle of the fray, confused as a blindfolded hen. A few feet away from both ice and Terra he cleared his throat 

"Excuse me!.... If anyone dies here, no one is going to achieve anything, Now what in the Tartorus is going on here!?" verging on the brink of ludicrous, the earth pony scowled at both parties. "Cant a pony walk in the woods and not find ponies trying to kill each other! For pities sake! Whose revenge quest is it now? Did Twilight piss someone off, or was it the Princesses? It was the Princesses wasn't it?" 

Edited by The Down Trotten

@@Unicorncob

Chisel expected her to attempt to evade, but he didn't expect her to do it so effectively, jumping at the exact moment that she was about to strike and confusing him for those precious milliseconds he had to react to her counter.

Where did she- He started to think before he was struck on the back by her powerful hooves, literally interrupting his thoughts. He grunted in pain as a popping sound echoed through the cave. Luckily for him, she hadn't broken his spine, the pop was the sound of both of his shoulders becoming disconnected by the sudden force to his torso. Nevertheless, he wouldn't be doing much fighting after that.

Chisel landed on his chin with his front legs limply to the side, groaning in pain. "That isn't fair... You won with... a lucky guess?" He panted, clenching his teeth with each word because of the pain to his shoulders.

• Brohoof 1

Chisel expected her to attempt to evade, but he didn't expect her to do it so effectively, jumping at the exact moment that she was about to strike and confusing him for those precious milliseconds he had to react to her counter.

Where did she- He started to think before he was struck on the back by her powerful hooves, literally interrupting his thoughts. He grunted in pain as a popping sound echoed through the cave. Luckily for him, she hadn't broken his spine, the pop was the sound of both of his shoulders becoming disconnected by the sudden force to his torso. Nevertheless, he wouldn't be doing much fighting after that.

Chisel landed on his chin with his front legs limply to the side, groaning in pain. "That isn't fair... You won with... a lucky guess?" He panted, clenching his teeth with each word because of the pain to his shoulders.

Jade smirked with pride as her attack proved fruitful. Her kick managed to disconnect Chisel's shoulders. They shouldn't be broken, but he might not be fighting for a bit after that.

"I won with intuition," She chirped proudly, landing daintily on her hooves and giving Chisel a bow of the head, "Thank you for the bout, though might I suggest doing some stretches before going into a fight?"

She pranced happily toward the light, confident her opponent could get up on his own...eventually.

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob@J.R.

The ice blade began to cut through the plants in its way, but a single vine managed to wrap itself around an edge, spinning it off into the distance. As Rhetoric walked on the scene, however, the action stopped; the plants seemed to settle as Terra looked over at him slowly.

"I don't want to kill anypony. But I can't let the princesses get away with..." Her words caught in her mouth at a purple flash. One instant, Twilight was in front of Sunset Shimmer, and the next, she had disappeared. Terra nearly shook with rage.

"She's gone..." She looked back towards Ice Blizzard, and Trixie, who had managed to jump off the spikes and now stood watching her. "You tricked me..."

@@Fractured, @@Unicorncob, @@The Down Trotten,

Ice turned to Rhetoric, "We approached this mare with a simple request; to come quietly so we could ask questions. She then attacked us, and now it's all gone to shit up in here."

He turned to the mare, "Woah woah. Hey, hey hey hey. Back it up, please. No one is tricking anyone. All we wanted to know is who you are, and why you stole Princess Cadence's magic. But instead you chose to attack us, and I gave you multiple flippin opportunities to handle this peacefully, and you still chose to attack. Come on, do you not care about anything or anyone but yourself? By stealing Cadence's magic, you're stealing a part of her, and by doing that you're forcing her life to change."

He spoke at an even calmer tone, showing no signs of attack preparation, "Come on, ma'am. We don't wanna fight, because this is getting each and all of us nowhere. I mean, come on." He sat down, to further put forth his sign of peace, and harmlessness, "Tell us what your problem is. Violence never solves anything. I apologize for attacking you. I want you to simply tell us why you're doing this. Maybe we could solve your problem without fighting or the need to steal magic."

Ice's gaze was firm, but calm as he sat down on the ground, "If you choose to attack again, go ahead and hit me. But I'm not going to fight back this time, because I'm more than willing to listen to what you have to say."

Starlight arrived onto the scene with Rhetoric, teeth bared in a scowl of pure hatred as she looked around, too angry to properly take things in.

"Where is she...?" She snarled, "I know I heard her voice..."

With no sign of her target, her rage began to dissipate, and she could truly take acknowledgement of what was going on around her. Some kind of plant monster, she assumed, was attacking a unicorn mare, and an earth pony stallion. For what reason, she had no idea.

"Hm," she mumbled, her scowl turning into more of a grumpy frown as she turned to Rhetoric, "It seems we've missed most of the party."

@@Unicorncob,@@Fractured, @@J.R.,

Rhetoric's head was spinning, What was this about stealing magic, what party was missed, what was going on? He had a still vengeful Starlight on one hoof, and now this...other unicorn?

"Um... look, Whats this about stealing magic? You mean to say that you actually stole the Princess of Love's ,magic?... Thats...that's amazing, besides on a actually physical level, on a mental level too. There must a serious personal vendetta to go to such lengths..." he looked at the unicorn curious, and confused

"What is your story? What is your goal? Perhaps we can be of assistance." he was legitimately curious and sincere with his offer, going from innocent bystander to wild card in a second "or at least me, I have no idea what Starlight wants... Still sounds like she is hooked on petty revenge" he took the moment to take a light jab at his new aquiantice 

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"If both of you wish, you may stay here; we have guest rooms available for these exact purposes. Considering your status, Prince, I do not believe it will come as an issue if you spend a night here while you attend to business." With a quick step to the side, Sunny Days pushed open the door, holding it politely. "4th door on the left. And please try not to wake the sisters."

--------

@AmberDust

"Evasive...evasive...Oh!" Rain Shadow jumped up in surprise for a moment, before leaving off into a side room closet. There was a sound of loud rumbling for a moment, a variety of items flying out and falling onto the floor of the arena, before Rain Shadow came back out, holding a strange object.

"Here it is." She set it down; it appeared to be an object for shooting projectiles. Four sleek barrels constituted the head, which rested on thin black, spindly legs. There was a basket of wiffle balls at the bottom, which seemed as if they would float up, through suction or magic, before lodging themselves in the barrel and firing. Rain Shadow grinned.

"Would this work? Or, is it too much?"

-------

@J.R.@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

Terra looked up at the moon for a moment, expressionless. She cut a look back to Rhetoric after a moment.

"The power to control whether somepony lives or dies, or whether they live or die at all. No pony should have that much power of anyone. The princesses need to be stopped, and i'm the only one that can do it." She turned around, and began to walk away, only to be stopped by a series of multicolored lights racing at her from the side. She dimly raised an earth wall to block the small explosions, then turned around and stared at Trixie. The mare looked angry enough to melt the forest down, and sparks shot angrily from the tip of her horn as she glared at Terra.

"Don't you dare leave."

Cloud grinned toothily at Lightning's answer, and glanced around below for a hayburger restaurant. There had to be something down this street somewhere.

Her eyes widened with delight as a diner caught her eye. "Down here!" She alerted Lightning, and safely touched down onto the pavement.

Lightning looked down at where Cloud had landed and quickly followed. He landed next to her, looked up at the sign, and then proceeded to open the open and enter the diner.

Upon entering the place he took in his surroundings. He took note of all the ponies inside the diner, especially the group of gruff, unfriendly looking ponies. Not trusting what he saw, he turned to Cloud.

"Those ponies look like the kind of guys who think they're tough and aren't hesitant to use violence to try and prove it. It's probably best to avoid them while we're here," he whispered.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten, @@Unicorncob,

Ice looked up with acceptance as she began to walk away, but at Trixie in horror when she chose to attack. Was she serious? Was there no other way to keep her from leaving? A sigh came from Ice as he stood up, "Well, she did promise. Gonna have to keep going even if it kills me."

He got up and stood between the two mares, standing on his hind legs with his forelegs stretched outwards, putting up an ice dome around them all. He then looked at Terra, "A promise was made to not let you leave. It shall be kept." He then turned to her completely, "For the last time, I am offering you peace. Please. We can solve this calmly, peacefully, and without biting each others heads off. Please, ma'am, I am more than willing to listen if you care to explain. The alicorns have never chosen when anypony lives or dies. They  use their power responsibly, and with great integrity."

He walked closer to her, aware of the risks as they presented them, "You don't have to trust me, but ask yourself this; how would you feel if you had to bear the burden of the magic that kept the entire world, or the sun, moon, love, and friendship....well....no yeah, the world. I guarantee you'd eventually get bogged down. But that's why the alicorns are here; to take on the responsibilities that normal ponies can't. Ask yourself: How would you feel if someone stole your magic? And don't gimme the bullshit, 'Oh, it's different because it's alicorn magic.' No. How would you feel if your. Magic. Was. Stolen? It'd feel like shit wouldn't it?"

He was only a few feet from her as he continued stepping forward, "I dunno about you, but if my magic was taken, I'd feel terrible, as if a piece of me was robbed. And you're pretty much robbing Cadence of who she is. Please...don't do this to yourself. There are easier ways than giving yourself a bad name. I'm not going to hurt you, attack you, or do anything to you. But want you to consider the level of damage your causing not only for Cadence, but for yourself."

He stopped right in front of her, "I can help you. I'd be willing to talk to you, and help you understand what you're doing is wrong. I know a lot of ponies in Bangcolt that could help you in ways that I can't. Whether you need help to recall something in your past, or you want to talk to someone who can help you understand the world. I can help. But only if you stop this madness, and please come back with me to the city. I promise nothing will happen to you, and that you'll get what you need."

He bit his lip. He prayed to his ancestors that this would work and that this would get them to stop fighting.

"If both of you wish, you may stay here; we have guest rooms available for these exact purposes. Considering your status, Prince, I do not believe it will come as an issue if you spend a night here while you attend to business." With a quick step to the side, Sunny Days pushed open the door, holding it politely. "4th door on the left. And please try not to wake the sisters."

Indus politely bowed his head to Sunny Days, taking in the directions mentally.

"Thank you kindly," He said with a small smile, "We'll try not to be an inconvenience you while we're here."

He walked through the door and travelled to the fourth door on the left, as directed.

Lightning looked down at where Cloud had landed and quickly followed. He landed next to her, looked up at the sign, and then proceeded to open the open and enter the diner.

Upon entering the place he took in his surroundings. He took note of all the ponies inside the diner, especially the group of gruff, unfriendly looking ponies. Not trusting what he saw, he turned to Cloud.

"Those ponies look like the kind of guys who think they're tough and aren't hesitant to use violence to try and prove it. It's probably best to avoid them while we're here," he whispered.

Cloud shrugged and trotted into the tavern, spotting an empty booth and scooting inside.

"I wouldn't worry," she chirped, "I mean, we both know how to fight, right?" She grinned.

----

Starlight bit her lip, suppressing the anger in just missing her target. It was just as well, because otherwise she might have started blasting the place apart in her current state.

"I know I heard her voice," she grumbled to herself.

Keep calm, Starlight, she muttered in her head, remember the plan.

She took a deep breath and recomposed her thoughts. Save the anger for her.

"Could anypony explain what has just gone on?"

• Brohoof 2

Following Indus, and his faithful guard behind him, Blueblood grumbled "No royal quarters..."  he was almost about to throw a hissy fit when his guard spoke up

"just imagine sir. It'll be like your roughing it. This is the first step to being the knight you always wanted to be" 

the Prince blushed awkwardly, obviously his guards exhuation had gotten the better of him 'Shut your mouth Stonewall." 

"Sorry sir...

@@Unicorncob,@@Fractured,  

Rhetoric listened to what this unicorn said, and pocketed it into his brain. He had a funny feeling this was far from over "The power to control whether somepony lives or dies, or whether they live or die at all. No pony should have that much power of anyone. The princesses need to be stopped, and i'm the only one that can do it."

I wonder what...who is this pony? 

"Well Starlight... It seems we've entered another revenge quest and high minded goal..." he looked at Trixie, then back at the unicorn, then finally at the earth pony.  A crazy idea came into his head 

"sorry everyone..." suddenly he jumped at trixie, really just to distract her, hoping to give the unicorn enough time to escape. He did have a plan but he'd have to take a hit in the old friendship department for it to work 

Edited by The Down Trotten

Trixie was prepared to cast another spell to hit Terra, when Rhetoric suddenly tackled her from the side. She gave a small yelp as she lost her concentration and fell over, giving enough time for Terra to activate her magic. The earth positively exploded around her in a storm of dirt and dust, obscuring the area the around her. Trixie coughed and choked in the blinding storm, but still did her best to look at Rhetoric through teary, irritated eyes.

"I trusted you..."

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured, @@The Down Trotten, @@Unicorncob,

Ice coughed, and waited for the dust to settle. He then suddenly looked up seeing there was nothing there. His heart dropped as his eyes grew wide, ears drooped, and a frown of realization came across his face as he sat down, and mumbled to himself, "It's over....mission failed....defeated...can't let this happen again."

He looked over to Starlight, and then back to the forest, and sighed, "Oh, nothing," he said sadly, "Except maybe wondering what I'm going to say to Twilight, Cadence, and Shining Armor for letting this god. Damn. THIEF...." he punched his hoof into the ground, causing the ground to crack, and ice fill those cracks. His anger-fueled punch was so powerful, that is separated the earth itself as it hit, "Escape....son of a bitch.....failed again. What are they gonna say?"

He sat down, and stared blankly into the forest, feeling as if nothing in that moment could change his mood. Good, bad, or indifferent, "It's just like when I let Rarity get caught, I--" He tensed up, "Not again....this isn't over. When I see her again...I'll show her true tenacity. Ooh...yeah, I'll be ready for you next time...."

After making the ice dome disappear, Ice simply sat there, waiting for Twilight to return and face the music of his failure, "You win this time....but I'll be ready for your ass should you return....the earth cannot thrive when ice takes the day. Be prepared."

• Brohoof 1