Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Aurelleah Q&A

Simon

Happy Wednesday!

Well, you guys know the drill, it's Q&A time!  This week we're chatting with one of the newest additions to the staff family, Aurelleah!  Aurelleah has recently begun working with Poniverse as the Community Head for Pony.fm.  Beyond helping out as a staff on Pony.fm, Aurelleah is also a composer over on Pony.fm.  You can check out some of his tracks here: https://pony.fm/aurelleah.  Aurelleah's accomplishments in the music side of the fandom also include getting a track in the recently released Starlit Flames album by Ponies at Dawn!

So be sure to give his tracks a listen and toss all your questions about everything from writing music to using Pony.fm below!

And first question:

What is your favorite song to come out of the fandom and what is your favorite song from the show?

• Brohoof 7

Who are a few of your favorite remix artists and song writers from the fandom?

If you could have a one of the singers from the show cover any song, what would it be and why?

What's your favorite book?

What is the circumference of a moose?

What's your guilty pleasure?

• Brohoof 3

What is your favorite song to come out of the fandom and what is your favorite song from the show?

That's a great question. I'd have to say Lullaby for a princess. I literally cry every time I hear it .-.

My favorite novelty song is "I would like to be a tree" by Fluttertree, brings me way back :)

My favorite song from the show... I have so many!! I'd have to say "We Are the Cute Mark Crusaders" Find The Music In You/Music in the Treetops. Fluttershy's so sweet and did amazingly in that song :3

Who are a few of your favorite remix artists and song writers from the fandom?

If you could have a one of the singers from the show cover any song, what would it be and why?

What's your favorite book?

What is the circumference of a moose?

What's your guilty pleasure?

I'd have to say WoodenToaster was one of my longtime favorites, his EDM is what got me into making music in the first place. I'd listened to one of his songs and thought, Hey I can make stuff like this, right? Well it was harder than I thought. Aside from that, pretty much all the musicians that appeared in the latest Ponies at Dawn album. I've been listening to the album Starlit Flames basically on repeat since it came out last month :)

The singer for fluttershy (Her name escapes me right now) and I'd have her cover We Are Young by Hollywood Undead, cause adorableness mixed with hard rock/metal would be pretty fun to hear

Fallout Equestria and Project Horizons by far :yay:

I guestimate about 4 meters. Theyre freaking big.

My guilty pleasure involves shirking my responsibilities in favor of my art and music, as well as... well, ponies. And spending all my money on things I dont need.  :love:

• Brohoof 4

My favorite song from the show... I have so many!! I'd have to say "We Are the Cute Mark Crusaders" Find The Music In You/Music in the Treetops. Fluttershy's so sweet and did amazingly in that song :3

<3  That's such an under-appreciated song and episode. The song itself is awesome, but how many different arrangements they did of the same short song really shows off Daniel Ingram as well :D

So I know you largely got into music because of MLP, so there has to be a story there.  So what's the story? Why'd you start writing music? :D

• Brohoof 3

Hello Aurelleah, it's always nice to have more people join Q&As.

Aside from MLP:FiM, which TV shows do you like to watch?

• Brohoof 3

<3  That's such an under-appreciated song and episode. The song itself is awesome, but how many different arrangements they did of the same short song really shows off Daniel Ingram as well :D

So I know you largely got into music because of MLP, so there has to be a story there.  So what's the story? Why'd you start writing music? :D

I've always wanted to make music as far back as I can remember, but the fan-made stuff of MLP is really what kinda pushed that last straw and got me thinking I actually could. I'll admit, part of it was because there's already a community that enjoys music, so finding people who would enjoy what I made wouldnt be as tricky as the alternative. That, and ponies helped me kick my inability to control my video game playing, so once I binged on all the seasons I had nothing to do due to falling behind in and getting bored of my games. Picked up music, and it's been my new addiction :) I have more to share regarding this if you have more questions (About my reasons for music and where I get my inspiration etc)

Hello Aurelleah, it's always nice to have more people join Q&As.

Aside from MLP:FiM, which TV shows do you like to watch?

None actually -- No time for it! College, work, music, art, remnants of a social life and now this new thing I'm doing doesnt leave much in the way of time for tv unfortunately. Though mythbusters has always been a favorite of mine :)

• Brohoof 3

Hello there Aurelleah, hope you're doing good. :)

Aside from the stuff that the fandom is putting out, are there any other music artists that you like and that might even have inspired you in your music?

• Brohoof 1

Hello there Aurelleah, hope you're doing good. :)

Aside from the stuff that the fandom is putting out, are there any other music artists that you like and that might even have inspired you in your music?

Absolutely :) my lyrics are inspired of the style of Ruse Against and my epic orchestral is heavily influenced by Immediate Music. My piano composition style is very similar to nobou uematsu (did most of the music for final fabtasy)

I don't listen to much edm outside the fandom so nothing to inspire it there :P one of my favorite groups is Nighwish, the symphonic stuff they put out has been well produced, packed with detail, and sounding fantastic for a very long time and their music has aged very well for me (while avenged sevenfolds old stuff is getting that classic rock feel on studio headphobes)

• Brohoof 2

Whats the longest time you've spent making a single piece of music? :catface:

Hard to say since I usually work on multiple pieces at a time. On average I release a song every month or so and On average I'd say a song takes anywhere between 50 hours minimum to over 100 hours depending on the genre and complexity I'm going for

What's the crunkest meme you've ever seen?

wish I knew what you meant by Crunk -- if you mean dank I'd have to say that one video where they did a mash-up of Thomas the dank engine mixed with ponies, snoop dog, steel beams and shrek
  • Brohoof 2

What do you like most about these forums?

I don't get the chance to browse it as much as I'd like but some of the things I like are the people and community, and the moderation team. The mods work hard to keep things tidy and with such a huge forum it's not a small feat by any means
  • Brohoof 2

What is your favorite song?

What is your best track you made?

Best tracks I've made are Forever and My Wings Aria  :love:

Favorite song... I have so many right now but it's probably either Blastershy, Spellcaster by Progressive element or Prey by R3ctifier

Gotta know man: what's your studio setup like?

Since you play piano, how familiar are you with classical music like Schubert? what about Romantic?

Are you self taught?

What instrument got you started in music?

Lenovo G780 Laptop upgraded with 16gb ram, dual core with hyperthreading to quad core CPU with overclocking to 3.2+ghz, 1TB internal and 1TB external 7200RPM HDD, A pair of KRK rokit powered 6 studio monitors, Sennheiser HD280 Pros 64 OHM headphones, Fender Acoustic guitar, Fender Stratocaster Chrome+black SE Electric with two single coils and one humbucker, (Saving for a Yamaha 115 full length graded weighted key electric grand piano), AT2020 USB+ Cartioid Condenser Microphone ----------- I run FL Studio 12, orchestral uses Pianoteq and Alicia's Keys for piano, East West Hollywood Orchestra Diamond Edition for orchestral, synths include Massive, Serum, Nexus, Sylenth1, Sytrus and Harmor, reverb I use Valhalla Room, compression I use Fruity Limiter, multiband compression and limiting I use Maximus, vocal correction is Newtone, and other stock FL stuff. I have a desk in my room in the basement for my studio  :P

Not at all :( I prefer... "Modern classical" as it were, anything composed and produced in the past 30 or so years

100% completely you-bet-your-flank selftaught without a spec of mustard to mask the delicious flavour  :yay:

Vocals actually! I love to sing :fluttershy:  After that, guitar is what kinda introduced me to it. Playing clarinet is what got me into orchestral, piano is what got me into music as a whole though. Piano is by far my favourite instrument  :D

• Brohoof 3

How good are you at the archery game, fam?

real life archery? Decent :P also apparantly on the mobile website a reply requires 100 characters instead of 20 to be able to post
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there, it's me again. :)

If you don't work on your music, what is your favorite thing to do, during your free time?

• Brohoof 1

Hey there, it's me again. :)

If you don't work on your music, what is your favorite thing to do, during your free time?

This!

http://aurelleaheverfree.deviantart.com/art/Best-Princess-Week-Three-of-Learning-to-Draw-V2-570310278

Seriously this 100 character limit on mobile is awful --- but I love to draw and am trying to get into digital art too... ive been drawing for about 3 weeks :yay:

• Brohoof 2