Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone a fan of my little dashie (comic or mini movie or both)

Ed Lyons

I just saw my little dashie and It has to be probably the greatest fanfic I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it, watch it because it is amazing. I won't give spoilers because it may well ruin it. If you have seen it, say what you thought about it. Thank you.

Edited by Rainbow Dash Boy
  • Brohoof 3

While I don't think it's the worst fanfic, I do think that it could have been better. My Little Dashie relies heavily on cheap emotional manipulation. Emotional manipulation can be executed right, but only if you avoid most of the clichés of a sad scene, but unfortunately My Little Dashie did use these clichés. We know so little about the man outside of his mother and his quiet life, so as a result I just cannot care for his struggles between him and Rainbow Dash. The conflict of the story doesn't come much later in the fanfic, so I felt as if a lot of the bonding between the man and Rainbow Dash was boring filler.

That being said, I actually do like some things about this fanfic, but unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros.

Edited by Galaxy
  • Brohoof 4

Ive actually seen the Mini Movie from StormFX i think, well at least the Reaction to the Minimovie by SirSonicHD and even tough it was only a reaction, i still cried at the end of that Movie. And it also didnt help, that SirSonicHD seemed to also find that movie sad  :lol:

Before that, i actually only cried by Snow Drop and Lullaby for a Princess, but My Little Dashie also is very emotional.

Even though, you can already imagine what will happen to the Story, right at the start...at the end your just like : Oh no, not let this actually happen  :(

I thought i could handle it, since the ending was pretty obvious, but no...it was very sad.

But i liked the Movie. Even though, at the End, when the Guy talks to Rainbowdash a last time, i really missed a face reveal. Like, at the end would have been a perfect time, in my Opinion.  :ooh:

But other than that, the actual Video and Picture Quality was great, the voice acting was great and the Animation freaking cute  :pinkie:

SPIOLER ALERT!!! i did cry my eyes out though at the end but it was the thought of having a daughter for fifteen years and then she is just gone with no way of coming back and she won't even remember anything that happened. My thoughts mostly lied with an end scene in which he look around at an empty room where there used to be two but now the is only one. I can relate to the feeling of loneliness (my ongoing childhood) a lot so that really made me speechless for hours on end. I guess relating to it makes me like it so much.

• Brohoof 2

, yo, just letting you know that I've moved your thread to the main Sugarcube Corner section. The Comics and Books area is mainly for officially produced stuff such as the IDW comics and the like.

• Brohoof 1

I liked it and found it sad too. But as usual I sometimes think I'm the only one here, who readed the sequels too. they are all connected, however each of the 3 sequels where written by 3 different persons, but are all still connectedand for most fans those 3 are the sequels to it

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5284/my-little-dashie-a-sequel

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5991/my-little-dashie-a-threequel

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/22169/my-little-dashie-fourth-times-the-charm

I'm sure every reasonably dedicated mlp fan has seen "My Little Dashie" by now...

To me it also seems a little bit silly, I mean...that guy took care of dash for 15+ years without anybody but himself seeing her? I'm finding it hard to believe that, I also can't believe that Dash didn't go crazy from being indoors for all that time, and how is she not chubby by now?

It's a story about some emo guy finding a cartoon horse in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of nonsense happening in the middle, and then an ending that tries to emotionally manipulate you in a cheap way

The Rainbow Dash Presents version is the only good version of this story

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

SPOILER ALERT!!! While the first one want related to the story because of the memory spell, the second one is related due to the memory spell being removed so in a way, rainbow dash has had two childhoods again, in a way.

• Brohoof 1

SPOILER ALERT!!! While the first one want related to the story because of the memory spell, the second one is related due to the memory spell being removed so in a way, rainbow dash has had two childhoods again, in a way.

reading the sequels I posted, huh? Most always reading only the original

I read MLD once, about 2 years ago and in my opinion it is one of my least favorite fanfics. First it was too short for me, I'm not a big fan of short texts. Secondly I don't like sad fanfics/books/movies/whatever because always I'm not sad after it. Thirdly I hate Ponies in Human World fanfics (except TCB).

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I am. Watched the mini movie and thought it was spectacular. Couldn't live with the sad endings so I read NeonCabaret's comics of MLD on deviantart...both 1 and 2. That is something I don't think I'll forget.

• Brohoof 1

It made me so depressed that I went on a ROBLOX server but a solo one set in a quiet area with waterfalls and trees to calm down ad just think about my emotions and life. That has seriously affected my emotions but I can't decide whether it is in a good or bad way or both...wow

I am a fan of a lot of fanfiction, people take their time to create those piece of art, so yes I have seen the mini movie and read it. I also read the sequel, the threequel and fourth times a charm. Even if I like it I still prefer other fanfiction like Past Sins or Fallout equestria

Edited by deathpioupiou

I have read the original and the sequel and watched the mini movie. I don't really want to read more sequels because I think like a bad sequel to a good movie, it can ruin or damage the franchise. For me, it was that really sad scene at the end and I just think it would have been great to leave it on the original to really keep the feeling of sadness. I can't explain it properly but... It was great the first time round, good the second time round but the sad it made the first one, the best one in my opinion, less sad which was and still is kind of a big deal.

I have read the original and the sequel and watched the mini movie. I don't really want to read more sequels because I think like a bad sequel to a good movie, it can ruin or damage the franchise. For me, it was that really sad scene at the end and I just think it would have been great to leave it on the original to really keep the feeling of sadness. I can't explain it properly but... It was great the first time round, good the second time round but the sad it made the first one, the best one in my opinion, less sad which was and still is kind of a big deal.

You're probably talking about the comic sequel, which has a happy ending. For sad stuff like MLD I needed an ending that was happier and more satisfying than the original, where he and Dashie can live together forever.

Oh yeah, and..spoiler alert I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen it but my daughter who is 9 1/2 watched it the other day

I looked over at her at one point and she had tears just running down her face. I asked her what was happening and she sobbed that Dash's (?) memory was being wiped. Wow intense. My daughter rarely cries at movies so I would say it was pretty affective!