Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The show should experiment with different genres of vocal music.

Zenoctilles

So far, we've seen only two different genres of vocal music featured in the show:

1. Musical numbers (Find a Pet, The Flim Flam Brothers)

2. Pop (more or less the rest of it)

Personally, I am not too fond of either genre in general, but I'll listen if it's tied to another good piece of media and not just standing by itself. Pop music and musical numbers are the most technically shallow genres of music, and people often listen to them not just because they necessarily sound good - they offer some sentimental value or are being played in conjunction with something else (like a music video, play, etc.)

For example, if I listened to Rarity's "Becoming Popular" by itself without having being acquainted with the show, I would have gagged and muted it. But, since I am a fan of the show, and Rarity is my second most favorite pony, I am ready to loop it for hours on end under certain conditions.

I would love to see a jazz score in the future, if it is within Mr. Ingram's capability to score one. MLP: FiM needs to move beyond Broadway inspired musical numbers and bubblegum pop.

Hmm... ponies ACTUALLY singing rap, metal and other genres of music that don't appeal to their original demographic? Let's see how that works?

(2 Hours later and 2 full listens of Devin Townsend's Deconstruction album later)

NO.

Hmm... ponies ACTUALLY singing rap, metal and other genres of music that don't appeal to their original demographic? Let's see how that works?

(2 Hours later and 2 full listens of Devin Townsend's Deconstruction album later)

NO.

This, pretty much. You have to keep in mind that the target audience is 5-7 year old girls.

I don't know about you, but I personally don't know of many little girls who listen to jazz or metal or whatever other genre besides pop and musicals (although I'm sure that there are some, somewhere)

I guess that the first song from the new episode could count as Reggae? Maybe? Or is it still pop?

Anyway, I can't deny that I would love them to experiment with other styles (the jazz thing sounds particularly appealing to me), but we've got to face it: it's pretty unlikely that it'll ever happen.

i love the musicals, but im not fond of the pop songs either. They certanly wont help me convert any non bronies.

We already had a rock song with the CMC. I certanly wouldnt mind more, and maybe some folk songs

I nominate Broadway-style numbers. They sort of did this in Best Night Ever, but I'd like them to try all the varieties of Broadway songs.

Not to mention most Broadway songs are generally pretty kid-friendly (with the exception of one or two shows I can think of, that would NEVER be used).

Edited by SBaby