Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your best customer service experiences

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

With the recent disastrous release of Chivalry Medieval Warfare on Xbox One (I made a thread here about it: https://mlpforums.com/topic/143249-why-you-should-not-buy-chivalry-medieval-warfare-on-xbox-one-lets-discuss-it/ ), I had a little experience with some customer support form Xbox, which I dreaded. For some reason, some companies just have terrible customer support. Whether it be because of harsh employees, outsourcing the jobs to places where English is not even a second language, customer service is just something that is sometimes frowned upon. 

So I contacted customer support about getting a refund on that game and I could not call them but instead I did a text chat with a service member. And guess what? It went fantabulously!! What? Yeah, it was awesome. I had my money back within 5(!) minutes and the employee was incredibly friendly and to the point. Friggin awesome. That put me in a good mood seeing such wonderful service. I was able to leave feedback for the service immediately after that and needless to say, I gave him full praise. 

So, this makes me want to ask, what are some of your best customer service experiences? I was thinking of asking about best and worst, but I am in such a good mood about this recent happening, I only want to focus on positive experiences. Let's discuss some good moments! :)

• Brohoof 1

It happened last week. I got an email message from my cellphone carrier saying that I could exchange my 3G SIM card for a 4G one, which will improve the quality of my mobile Internet.

I phoned them, and they sent me the new chip for free to my house. I got it yesterday, and I called them in order to transfer my phone number to it. In a matter of just a couple of minutes the new 4G SIM card was already working.

My mobile Internet is awesome! I could even get 22 Mbps of download on the speed test :P

The last time that I have customer service,is that I needed to change my email address in a game call guild wars 2 (cause I forgot my password and I needed to rest it) o-o since my old one got locked down ._. at least they changed my old email into my new one already x3 so I can play again xD

I think this is a really good topic! People often only talk about customer service to share horror stories of their worst experiences, but in reality those customer service workers are just people like you and me who are trying to get along in life.

This story is more about my mom, but I was along for the ride and thought it was incredible. Our family had a Mac desktop from Apple, but two years after we bought it, it stopped working. We took it in for repairs a few times, but soon became frustrated after a month of it not being fixed regardless of how many times we took it back. So we talked to this one customer service guy, and he decides to give us a brand new Mac desktop! I think he had to pull a few strings with his higher-ups to get this to happen, but our family appreciated it so much!

• 4 years later...

I stupidly pre ordered WWE 2k20 last year. Got the game and it was an absolutely buggy mess at best, and unplayable at worst. So I requested a refund from Microsoft, who told me they don't give refunds for games you download (I think that's what they said anyway). I knew that, but I replied that I spent money on a game and expected to get what I paid for. Either give me my money back or give me a game of equal value that works.

They refunded me my money. So thank you, Microsoft.

• Brohoof 2

Customer service for my Internet provider. What a nice and friendly dude! After setting up a special key word and telling him it to continue, he even giggled. It was the cute names of my guinea pigs. :squee:

I don't quite remember what was going on but I do remember how nice the person was that was helping me.  The thing that still sticks out to me is them actually ASKING what my pronouns were, barely anyone ever gets my pronouns right even though I thought it was obvious but they were like "Excuse me, not really sure what pronouns I should be using, what do you prefer?" and I swear I could've hugged them at that point.  I've never had any customer service do that, even to this day that's never happened even if I explicitly say that I'm a trans man they still call me "she" and "ma'am".  That one and only time really stuck out to me and makes me hope more people do that(or at least adopt more gender neutral language).

• 1 year later...

I go to the local Sonic before I deliver for my job, and it's about everyday. Two weeks ago they came out with two bags of food saying someone paid for an order and never came back. All I ordered was a chicken sandwich and some fries and got double with a corn dog. I'd call that good customer service :]

• 1 year later...

The people at Starbucks write nice messages on my cups since I'm a regular. Both comic book shops I go to are also very cool. The staff is very friendly.

I also have to give it to my bank for having to guts to call me to admit that I had made a valid argument and did things my way.