Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request can anypony help me redesign my oc?

Summer Breeze

hey everypony!

I made a new oc and I'd like to have a good picture of her. I tried drawing her myself but I can't do digital art :/ but I did it anyway so you would have a kind of reference :) (pleas don't laugh)

post-33449-0-50615100-1455461695_thumb.png

some info about her: her name is silk shine, she is around 18 years old and she doesn't talk. instead of talking she has a magical stream thing comming out of her horn that wraps itself around to create images. her hobbies are drawing, reading, mixing music, making animations, programming, being around other ponys and making new friends.

some things about her design: I wanted to give her long, silky, white manes with a pink and blue/mint green highlight. she wears her hear in a loose ponytail. I wanted her coat to be soft blue-ish/purple-ish and her eyes grey or brown. she has freckles on her face but I'm not sure if I want to keep them, so do whatever you want. her cutymark is a sparkly magical stream, like the ones she uses to comunicate, but I'm not sure if I like it so if you have a better idea then go ahead and change it if you want to :)

thanks for even considering :D

xox summer

Interesting concept. First thing I'd like to mention, is you should probably make it so the "thought bubbles" (Excuse my name giving :) ) are a spell, rather a constant ability. We've seen Twilight early on, struggle with spells, and so they should be draining in my opinion. But that is really a personal preference, which you can ignore.

Other things I can think of, what is her backstory? A cutie mark is a mirror to the pony's destiny, so hers is to just use that "thought bubble" to communicate (Not trying to be rude)? Why is she mute? Was she born that way or was she traumatized? Perhaps she just doesn't wanna talk (like my one OC Silent Wind).

Also, the drawing could use some work (I know it was digital, but :smug: honestly). It isn't horrible though, just I suggest referencing to pony images more. Here's a link to a basic way of drawing ponies: 

Try to search up videos, there a lot of training videos out there.

Hope this helped :D

Edited by Overlord0909

@@Overlord0909,

tnx for the feed back and here is a short version of her backstory which also explains why she doesn't talk and why she has that cutiemark: silk was the 4th from the 7 children in her family. her parents don't like thechnology and they want everything to be like it was 50 years ago. silks parents Always told her to be silent because silk really like talking when she was little. she asked to much questions and she said things she wasn't supposed to know. when silk went to school she got in touch with technology, and especialy computers, for the first time. she started to learn more about them and she loved it. silk secretly bought her own laptop to play games and such but her parents found the computer and took it away and silk was so angry that she disided to never talk to them, or anypony else, again. in the beginning it was realy difficult but afer a few days she found out that life was a lot easyer without talking: nopony was asking annoying questions and they didn't mind her being around when they where having conversations. after a month silk wanted her laptop back because she learned how to mix music at school and she wanted to do it more and become a DJ and she wanted to shine on stage. silks parents asked her why she wanted her laptop back but because silk didn't want to talk to them she couldn't explain and she whished they could just read her mind. that moment silks horn started to glow and a magical stream came out and it formed the immage of silk before a big crowd of other ponys, DJing and shining and being happy. that moment silk got her cutiemark representing her ability to show ponys what she thinks and her dream to shine

hope this makes it a bit more clear

and about the drawing, I know it's bad and thats why I came here to ask other people to draw her for me because I'm not to good at drawing. I'm already practicing and with pencil I'm quite good already but there are much more talented people here on the forums and I hoped that one could help me because I just don't have the skils to make it look as I want it to.

just posting here something again so maybe someone will see this, because I want to start roleplaying with her but can't realy make a good character database thing without a good immage. so i would realy apreciate it if anyone would draw a picture of her. :twi:

just posting here something again so maybe someone will see this, because I want to start roleplaying with her but can't realy make a good character database thing without a good immage. so i would realy apreciate it if anyone would draw a picture of her. :twi:

I can draw her up, but sadly I'm no good at coloring online. so I would have to color her with colored pencils.

anywhooooOooo

if you like I can draw her for you, you can check out my content on my user page if you like

I can draw her up, but sadly I'm no good at coloring online. so I would have to color her with colored pencils.

anywhooooOooo

if you like I can draw her for you, you can check out my content on my user page if you like

Thanks you so much for wanting to draw her, can't wait to see it :D

Thanks you so much for wanting to draw her, can't wait to see it :D

aight be back in an hour with it

ah crap, i forgot chopsticks!

and my scanner is busted now D:

ill try and add the stix and fix mah scannerrrr

:D enjoy!

post-35819-0-03561700-1455744534_thumb.jpg

Fairy Tail and MLP fan. Nice :D

Also, in regards to colouring online, I could maybe put in time during lunch at school if no one else offers. :) Just give me the colour pallet (as specific as possible) and will just look at above photo for reference.

Edited by Overlord0909

Fairy Tail and MLP fan. Nice :D

Also, in regards to colouring online, I could maybe put in time during lunch at school if no one else offers. :) Just give me the colour pallet (as specific as possible) and will just look at above photo for reference.

I think you just eased my mind, my computer corrects colour into color, and I have been trying to change the way I naturally spell it. Its like having a perfect column of pencils except one of them is slightly crooked for me.

I think you just eased my mind, my computer corrects colour into color, and I have been trying to change the way I naturally spell it. Its like having a perfect column of pencils except one of them is slightly crooked for me.

Lol that's great! I'm glad I helped ya.