Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Working on the MLP theme song in minecraft in binary not kidding

3k932jd22328jdsf

(edited)

So you know Im not joking I made a private youtube video only accessible through this link.

https://youtu.be/4OGxiSc9KhU

Anyways the issue is basically I am using a parallel circuit with repeaters that delay the signal to each note block for a specific amount of time to play the notes in the corrcet sequence and at the correct time using binary pretty super basic computer science. The issue is that the mlp theme song is in 4/4 common time at 120 beats per minute wich is only an issue because minecraft repeaters can only delay a signal at increments as small as 0.1 seconds and at 120 bpm in common time an eigth note is .25 seconds (song is almost completely eigth notes and quarter notes childsplay imao irl) however in minecraft this means that the closest binary can possibly get to recreating the theme song is .2 seconds or .3 seconds for an eigth note so the redstone circuit is losing .05 seconds per eigth note and there is like. So basically there are two ways I can go about recreating the theme song in minecraft using binary. I can 1 just take the song at actual speed 120 bpm common time or I can decrease the tempo so it plays the theme song slower but with more accurate sub divisions. Comment what you think would be the better option personally I hate both options and prefer being perfect but repeaters are literally unable to delay a signal by an increment smaller than 0.1 seconds (scrub tier musician accuracy) I wish the repeaters could at least allow for a redstone circuit to be delayed for a 16th note at 180 bpm that would cover a decent amount of songs anyways comment which option you think will sound best.

Edited by Emerald Meteor

Actually, the theme starts at 140bpm, and slows to 108bpm. The thing you can do to simulate this is to spread the blocks out so that way it slows 10bpm per note.

If you want to avoid this, best thing to do is to evenly play notes. This means there will be no notes played on the upbeat, which will make it much easier for you to code all of this in. Play it all at 108bpm.

Actually, the theme starts at 140bpm, and slows to 108bpm. The thing you can do to simulate this is to spread the blocks out so that way it slows 10bpm per note.

If you want to avoid this, best thing to do is to evenly play notes. This means there will be no notes played on the upbeat, which will make it much easier for you to code all of this in. Play it all at 108bpm.

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/774b6314b2dca1e466da7d23e7967a8f739d33ef

Thats what Im going off of the video you saw only has the treble clef so far and bass clef will be on a separate redstone circuit but will connect to the same switch and spreading the blocks further apart doesnt change the delay time since redstone circuits transmit signals nearly instantly thats why im using repeaters. Binary is not coding btw I hate it when people cinfuse coding with binary they are two different things.

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/774b6314b2dca1e466da7d23e7967a8f739d33ef

Thats what Im going off of the video you saw only has the treble clef so far and bass clef will be on a separate redstone circuit but will connect to the same switch and spreading the blocks further apart doesnt change the delay time since redstone circuits transmit signals nearly instantly thats why im using repeaters. Binary is not coding btw I hate it when people cinfuse coding with binary they are two different things.

My fault on the confusion. That arrangement is pretty decent. However, I highly suggest going off of a simpler bassline.