Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Battlebots

Photon Jet

Hi everypony.

I thought since there's no Battlebots thread on here yet, I'd thought I'd give it a go and make one because I'm pretty sure there are fans of the show in the forum.

For those who don't know what Battlebots is, it's a show where robots duke it out in the arena known as the "Battle Box" and pieces of metal is scattered everywhere! It's kinda like the American version of Robot Wars. It was once on Comedy Central for 5 seasons but it got taken off the air. However, it's back with a reboot on ABC and the first season had already gone by and boy, it was amazing how much carnage there was in the Battle Box. Totally can't wait what'll happen this year. This is what Battlebots is all about.

We even got to see some legends and their new incarnations as well like Nightmare, Bronco (son of Toro), Warrior Clan (made by the same roboteers who created Son of Whyachi), Lock-Jaw (son of Disector), Warhead (from Team Razer), Plan X (from the girl who has Tentomushi), Complete Control and Ghost Raptor (the new member of the Raptor family). Ah, the nostalgia.  

*ahem* So yeah. This thread is all about the show. What do you think of the new Battlebots? If you haven't seen it, you should get a chance to see it. Trust me, you will be on the side of your sheet.

What's your favorite Battlebots contender? My favorite is the ferocious Tombstone who was originally called Last Rites. (Seriously, did you see how much power that machine has!?)

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

Well I won't pretend that I watch it a lot. However, I've watched more then few on YouTube, the reboot that is after I heard about the reboot I decided to watch it. So I like watching a few battles but it's just occasionally. So yeah, I like it but don't have a favorite more just like watching.

Well I won't pretend that I watch it a lot. However, I've watched more then few on YouTube, the reboot that is after I heard about the reboot I decided to watch it. So I like watching a few battles but it's just occasionally. So yeah, I like it but don't have a favorite more just like watching.

That's fine. It's good to watch some robot battles in our spare time.

• Brohoof 2

I used to watch this show quite a bit back in the day, but I don't remember any of the bots from then. :| It was definitely fun to watch, though I remember always feeling really bad for the losing team. XD Haven't had a chance to watch the reboot yet, I actually forgot all about that.

(edited)

I used to watch this show quite a bit back in the day, but I don't remember any of the bots from then. :| It was definitely fun to watch, though I remember always feeling really bad for the losing team. XD Haven't had a chance to watch the reboot yet, I actually forgot all about that.

Well, you should watch the reboot if you have the chance. Believe me, you will not be disappointed.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hell yeah! I love Battlebots! Robot Wars included, but that's aside the point!

I just wish the Youtube videos of the original series wasn't in such crappy quality. I do enjoy the Robogames events as well, and I was super surprised to see the badass Vlad the Impaler become literally torn to pieces by Last Rites.

• Brohoof 1

I flipped the fuck out when I found out it was coming back. Watched every episode of the new season as it came out. Can't wait to start watching 2016.

• Brohoof 1

Well, you should watch the reboot if you have the chance. Believe me, you will not be disappointed.

I watched the whole 2015 season. I was rooting for Tombstone, but got really disappointed when Tombstone lost to Bite Force. I also watched some of the old retro seasons. Some personal favorites of mine were Reaper, Mechadon, Takamushi, Biohazard, Overdrive, Vlad the Impaler, Die-sector, and all of those cool classics. Ah, glorious days of BattleBots.

I flipped the fuck out when I found out it was coming back. Watched every episode of the new season as it came out. Can't wait to start watching 2016.

Do you know when the 2016 season starts, cuz I REALLY wanna watch it.

• Brohoof 1

Do you know when the 2016 season starts, cuz I REALLY wanna watch it.

Haven't seen any specific dates yet, but I think the actual tourney is close to starting. Not sure how much time goes into editing and whatnot before release.

Haven't seen any specific dates yet, but I think the actual tourney is close to starting. Not sure how much time goes into editing and whatnot before release.

Right. It should give some commercials about when the next season will start after everything happens. I wonder what bots will be there? Definitely some old favorites and classics. I can already see an expedition grudge match of Tombstone vs. Bite Force. That'll be AWESOME!!!!! BRING ON THE ROBOT CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Hell yeah! I love Battlebots! Robot Wars included, but that's aside the point!

I just wish the Youtube videos of the original series wasn't in such crappy quality. I do enjoy the Robogames events as well, and I was super surprised to see the badass Vlad the Impaler become literally torn to pieces by Last Rites.

I remember that Robogames event. Who'd thought a robot could actually break one of the Battlebots legends apart? I wonder if there'd be a Vlad the Impaler 3?

Right. It should give some commercials about when the next season will start after everything happens. I wonder what bots will be there? Definitely some old favorites and classics. I can already see an expedition grudge match of Tombstone vs. Bite Force. That'll be AWESOME!!!!! BRING ON THE ROBOT CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did and the team who made the Robot Wars Third World Champion: Storm 2 will be taking part with a new robot...and I LOVE the name they've put on it. 

• Brohoof 1