Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The school for Criminals

reader8363

@@reader8363, @@crispy fries

Hooligan had expected some sort of reaction but Doc was surprisingly calm. Hooligan wasn't complaing but he was hoping for a bit more than just congrats. Hooligan walked over to Doc, "that's it? Your not angry or shocked or surprised? I'm not complaining but I kinda expected a bigger reaction."

@@reader8363@@Dapper Charmer,@@crispy fries,

Mercury nodded and called her thanks as she stepped behind the bed-curtain. The faintest rattling and clicking came from behind it, as faint as a wasp walking on a windowpane. A faint, gray snake of magic wormed its way across the floor, invisible to all but the trained unicorn's eye. It brushed against the bubble, connecting to it like the tube it was. Mercury caught the last threads of the conversation.

The word "pregnant" stuck firmly in her mind.

Mercury nodded to herself as she clicked her restrictor ring back on. How interesting, she thought.

@@Dapper Charmer @@reader8363

Redwood was surprised by Doc's reaction, but pleasantly so. He acted as though this wasn't a big deal, which was actually reassured her a bit. Doc was on their side, and that could only be a good thing.

"Congrats? That's it?" she said. "Well... now what th' hell are we supposed to do?"

@@crispy fries,@@Dapper Charmer,

Doc got up and said as he shrugged, 

"Since it might get you in trouble, I don't want to make a big deal about it. Just go normally, after being in this business as long as I have nothing surprises you, and I kinda have known that you were worried about it. The test you took from here earlier was kinda a giveaway."

@@Amorphous

Doc popped the bubble and said,
" Food poisoning, that's the best you could've up with. Since you are new here. I can tell when someone's lying."

@@reader8363,

"Urrgghh f*** me!"

one or two minutes turned into any second as Shadow reapplied pressure to Kurren$y's leg. Only hoping that he won't die here, Kurren$y reminded himself that to fall asleep here would mean he'd sleep forever.

"Stallions get toe-tagged for a little notoriety where I be. How you think I stay kicking?"

Kurren$y took a step forward and swung both fists together, one immediately behind the other, then reversed the direction of the movement for a second strike. 

@@reader8363 @@Dapper Charmer,

It appeared Hooligan wasn't as sneaky as he had thought. Again, Doc was on thier side though, so they at least had that.

"Doc, thank you. Ah really mean it," said Redwood.

She then turned to Hooligan and asked, "So, should we go and, ah dunno, talk about this some more? And that ain't an innuendo."

@@crispy fries, @@reader8363,

Hooligan nodded in agreement, "I think we should definatly talk about this some more," said Hooligan with a smile, "and then maybe we can inform Nightmare of the situation. I think seeing Doc's has given me a bit more confidence in telling her. But if you wanna wait a while before telling her that's fine to."

@@Dapper Charmer

"Let's talk this over a bit more before we take it to Nightmare," said Redwood as she walked out of the infirmary. "So, ah actually already started thinkin' of names. How's Cedarwood sound to y'all?"

Redwood wanted to honor her family with her child, even with the circumstances.

(edited)

@@SugarfootWillie

Shadow took a step back and said while adding more pressure, 
"Why do you plan on fighting, the more you fight, the more pressure I do, and don't worry, I'm not going to do this until you die, once you pass out, give up, or you can't move, I'll stop, and if you start trying to fight, I'll do it again."

Edited by reader8363

@@reader8363,

Nope, nope. This is too much. Swinging out isn't getting anywhere. what happens if I don't do anything?

Kurren$y got down on one knee again and didn't try to get up. His consciousness briefly faded but it came back. The pain was too much to fight through without intoxicates.

"Shoot first and don't ask questions."

@@crispy fries

Hooligan didn't even think about it for a second. He already knew that Cedarwood was one of the most wonderful words in the world. "I think it's the perfect name," said Hooligan a a few tears of joy fell from his face, "a strong name for a strong young colt. But if its a fillies I was hoping we could call her Acaciawood."

@@Dapper Charmer

"Acaciawood's a real proud name fer what ah'm sure would be a daughter ah could be real proud of," smiled Redwood.

She couldn't help but notice that Hooligan was crying now. Redwood had never seen him like this before, but she was glad that he was happy. This

@@crispy fries

Hooligan smiled as he noticed he was crying. "Would you look at me I'm tearing up," Hooligan chuckled. He didn't remember ever crying like this before. But here he was eyes filling with tears because the mare he loved was, in 9 months time, going to give birth to a beautiful boy or girl.

@SugarfootWillie,@reader8363,

Spellvamp woke up "Is that dark magic I sence and why Is my tracker enchantment being atacked by It wait I put the tracker on Kk (Kurency) that means that dark magic is atacking Kk I need to find Night and get help and I shoud find out what was the second sorse of magic in Red" Spell thought a loud

(edited)

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Hold on, what if it's twins?" asked Redwood.

This entire ordeal wasn't actually going too badly. Hooligan didn't run from this and he was being supportive, plus, Doc was willing to help them, which would be useful down the line. Still, she would have to figure out how to take care of her child.

Edited by crispy fries

@@crispy fries

Hooligan smiled and looked at Redwood lovingly. "If you had twins that would just mean that instead of getting one wonderful bundle of joy we get two," Hooligan said happily, "Red tell me. I know the situation surrounding this whole thing is not ideal but how do you feel knowing that you're with child?"

(edited)

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Aw hell, it's hard to describe. Ah'm happy, believe me, but it just ain't a feelin' that ah'm used to. This job demands toughness, and even at times brutality, but now ah got this... but at th' same time ah'm still happy. What's hangin' over mah head is how ah'm gonna take care of that little bundle of joy."

Edited by crispy fries

@@crispy fries

Hooligan gave a faint smile and hugged Redwood confertingly. Although Hooligan could never know the pains of a mother raising a child, he had some idea of what Red was feeling. "Don't worry Red," Hooligan said trying to comfert Red, "give it time and we'll know exactly how to raise our little bundle of love."

@@Dapper Charmer,

Redwood hugged Hooligan back and said, "Well, ah do got one idea. Remember how ah said ah couldn't tell y'all any details of mah employment here? Y'see, all th' guards here are reformed prisoners, including mahself. Maybe if y'all could somehow convince Shadow and Nightmare that yer reformed, well..."

@@crispy fries

Hooligan could see where Redwood was going with this. Was Hooligan willing to do that? Could he really just give up crime and embrace order? Of course the answer was clear. He smiled at Redwood, "I'll do it," said Hooligan happily, "if it means that I can start a family with you then I'll gladly reform and become a guard."

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Thank you," said Redwood as she hugged Hooligan tighter and a single tear rolled down her cheek. 

If Hooligan was willing to change, that gave Redwood hope that her child would have a good father, and there really wasn't anything more she could ask of him.

@@crispy fries

Although it was nice he knew that he and Red couldn't hug forever. He pulled away and wiped the lone tear from Redwood's face. "Okay, now that we have a rough plan, sorta, it's to discuss some detail," said Hooligan calmly, "should we tell Shadow I'm reformed before we tell him about the pregnancy or should we just tell him or Nightmare about it straight away?"

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Well, we can't just say yer reformed without any proof. Y'all gotta actually start actin' reformed, which means no troublemakin' and actin' respectfully. Maybe we should wait on tellin' Nightmare that ah'm pregnant until y'all start shapin' up. That way, we might be able to leverage that as another reason to let y'all go."

@@SugarfootWillie

Shadow applied a little more pressure to it and said,

"Looks like your about there, are you going to behave now or are you going to try something like that again."

He sat down and wrapped his metal wings around him as if it was a blanket.

"Oh, by the way, I'm heading out in the morning, is there anything you need that won't result in you trying to escape?"

(edited)

@@reader8363,

Mercury grinned at him. "Indeed, good sir, that is my very best effort. Shame you managed to see through it so easily, Ah, well, I guess it comes with the job."

She gave him a thoughtful look. "If you despise my efforts so much, think of a better excuse for me," she said, getting up. In a raised voice meant for any listeners, she called, "Thanks for the help, Doc!"

She opened the door and strolled out of sight. 

@@reader8363

Where to now? she was thinking. Voices still filtered ever so slightly through her ears. She decided to follow one. The voice was cold as ice and sharp as broken glass. Like a stallion's, but somehow rougher, more bestial. Angry.

Mercury sped up to a canter in pursuit.

Edited by Amorphous