private The school for Criminals

reader8363

@@Spellvamp,

"Now hold on, can y'all keep an eye on Kurren$y fer me?" said Redwood, keeping her voice low so Kurren$y couldn't hear. "Keep in mind that he stabbed me."

Spellvamp could turn out to be a very valuable resource. Kurren$y seemed to trust him, and that was extremely helpful.

@crispy fries,

"yes" Spellvamp said "but please don't stab me in the back.... pun intended"

@SugarfootWillie,

"Ok m8 how about we get something to eat I must rebild the cocon and please Do. Not. Stab. Red. please... so lets go to cafeteria and hear some rumors" Spellvamp said

(edited)

@@Spellvamp,

"Can't hardly think straight. Feel like I did when I was a colt tipping hats. Got you on that lunch."

@@crispy fries,

Kurren$y held up his hoof like it was a pistol, pointed it at Mudflat's head and flicked his wrist back like he fired off a round.

"Get me to my cell. lock that s*** on yo way out."

Edited by SugarfootWillie

(edited)

@@crispy fries

After Redwood left Hooligans blushed and fell to the ground. He couldn't believe his ears. Redwood had just said she loved him. Hooligan was more than overjoyed to know that she felt the same way he did.

He soon got hungry so he got up and went to the cafeteria. He got his dinner quietly and even said thank for it and sat down to eat.

Edited by Dapper Charmer

@@Spellvamp, @@SugarfootWillie,

"Sorry, but ah dunno where Hooligan is right now," said Redwood, purposefully ignoring Kurren$y and walking off.

@@Dapper Charmer

Hooligan wasn't in his cell, so she figured he had gone to the cafeteria for dinner. Redwood headed down there, and quickly spotted him.

"Hooligan, ah got somethin' important to tell y'all," she said as she approached him.

@@crispy fries

Hooligan put his spoon down and looked up from his meal at Redwood. He was glad to see her again but it looked like something was on her mind. And Hooligan had a strange suspicion that whatever it was wasnt good. "Go ahead Red," Hooligan said when Red reached his table.

@@Dapper Charmer,

Redwood pulled Hooligan away from the table and said, "Y'know that new fella, th' one with th' glasses? Ah think his name was Spellvamp. Anyways, he somehow found out that ah'm pregnant. He said it had somethin' to do with how he detected another source of magic inside of me. Ah denied it of course, but he knows."

@@crispy fries

Hooligan thought about it for a moment. This definetly wasn't good. But if they panicked over it others would find out to. "Well this certainly isn't ideal but I think we can still some how work around it," Hooligan looked at Redwood with slight concern, "has he told anyone yet?"

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Well, that's th' thing. He's in here because he accidentally killed his daughter or somethin', so he was actually sympathetic. He was sayin' that he wouldn't tell nopony, and he was askin' if there was anythin' he could do fer me. Ah figured ah'd leverage th' situation and asked him to keep an eye on Kurren$ fer me."

@@crispy fries

"That's great," Hooligan beemed, "the part about him keeping quiet not the part about him killing his own daughter." Hooligan suddenly felt a new depth of sympathy for Specs. He couldn't imagine how much emotional pain he was in. "Okay, if he's keeping quiet that means that our plan doesn't have to change."

@@Dapper Charmer,

"We can use this. Kurren$y is dangerous, and now we've got a leg up on him. Ah should tell Nightmare, but she's off dealin' with Missklang right now, so ah can't right now. Ah really shouldn't wait on tellin' either her or Shadow, and since Shadow's gonna be out tomorrow, maybe ah should just tell him now."

@@crispy fries

Hooligan was a bit worried by this. While he knew Shadow had to be told eventually, he also knew that Shadow would probably react the worst. "If you think thats what you should do then go for it," Hooligan said to Redwood, "but maybe it would be better if i stayed here while you told him."

@@Missklang,

Nightmare looked at the time and said,
"We better get going for dinner, or you might not get any food.

Shadow walked into his office and kicked up his hooves while having a piece of meat sticking out of his mouth, thinking about the punishing and how long it's been.

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Yeah, that's what ah figured. Listen, y'all just stay here and remember to behave. Yer reformin' yerself, remember? Alright, ah'll go tell him now." With that, Redwood left.

@@reader8363,

"Uh, sir? Ah've got some important news fer y'all," said Redwood as she walked into Shadow's office.

@@crispy fries

Shadow ripped the piece of meat. placed it on the desk and said as after swallowing, 

"Redwood, a prisoner is supposed to be asking ya for a new ring because of tampering later, Do you have your list, and what is this important news?"

He got up, closed the door, and looked out the window 

@@reader8363

"Ah wasn't informed of a prisoner gettin' a new collar from me, and th' list can wait. Now, sir, ah'm gonna ask y'all to please just hear me out." Redwood then paused for a second to take a deep breath and said, "Ah'm pregnant."

Hopefully like Doc, Shadow would take the news well.

@@crispy fries

Shadow nodded, turned around, and said smiling, 
"Congratulations on the baby, Just out of curiosity, does anyone else know? I told the new prisoner to ask you for a new ring cause she tampered with it and then came here."

He walked over to his desk, picked up the rest of his dinner and ate it.

@@reader8363,

"Doc knows, and that new prisoner, Spellvamp figured it out when he sensed another source of magic inside of me. But that's not everythin'. Hooligan's th' father, and ah of course told him."

Redwood was once again pleasantly surprised with Shadow's reaction. The response may have been small, but that meant he wasn't mad.

(edited)

@crispy fries

Mercury felt good about herself. She'd removed several small, coppery filaments from her ring and had put them away. The ring was humming steadily, curtailing her power. Truth be told, she missed magic already.

Where can I find Redwood? she thought to herself. Trotting over to the nearest guard, she brought up the question with him.

The guard indicated the direction of the guard barracks. Might as well give it a shot, thought Mercury. First, she made a quick stop at the cell across from her own, though. Then, she headed to the barracks.

Had to obey the warden, after all. Mercury chuckled just a bit.

Edited by Amorphous

@@reader8363,

"Now sir, ah'd just like to say that th' fact that Hooligan's th' father might not be so bad. This may seem odd, but ah know for sure that he cares about both me and th' child, and ah think this is exactly what he needs to get on the right track. Ah know fer sure that he'll change and reform himself because of this, so ah'd like to sponsor him fer becomin' a guard."

@@crispy fries,

Shadow nodded and said, 

"He would make that decision himself on whether he stays or leaves. That's good, let's keep this between ponies you trust, I don't want a war here on whether it's right or wrong. You might want to look for the prisoner so we can have her under watch."

@@crispy fries,@@reader8363,

The harsh voice of the warden streamed from the corridor ahead of her. Mercury heard Redwood's voice, alternating in conversation. She was just close enough to identify them. Smiling slightly, Mercury sped up to a canter.

She knocked on the door neatly. Her steel horseshoe thudded against the door. She took a step back and waited.

@@reader8363 @@Amorphous

"Ah'll get that, sir," said Redwood as she opened the door.

"Well, speak of th' devil. Th' boss was just tellin' me to get y'all a new magic dampener. Now, if ah remember right, yer name is Mercury, ain't it?" she said.

Redwood was in a bit of a good mood now with Shadow's positive reaction to the news. She had expected much worse.

@@crispy fries

Mercury nodded. "Yep, it's me!" she said with a small wave. She was in a general good mood herself. Almost being killed and surviving tended to do that to her. She walked into the room, slow and careful but not quite hesitant. She nodded towards Redwood.

"I needed a new restrictor ring, right? she asked.