Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted OC complete redesign thoughts?

Izanagi

Hi! i recently completely overhauled my oc, Vlad. he went from a..well edgy pirate, to a happy treasure hunter. i changed the story to be way less depressing, more happy, and even made Vlad look less..'dark' 

what do you guys think?

new: post-33396-0-12238100-1461464590_thumb.png

old: post-33396-0-75750000-1461464621_thumb.jpg

his old backstory was terribly depressing. with some..very dark themes, such as death and..you know, just overall bad edgy things.

Now his backstory consists of his father wasn't a very nice man, just..a pirate. Vlad had a twin brother who stayed and took after is father, while vlad as a baby went with his mother, and began a thief in his teen years.though eventually as he got in trouble, he returned most of the things he stole, and eventually became a treasure hunter, giving things out to canterlot museums (as he now grew up in Canterlot)

Edited by Vladicarus
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, much, much better. I'm tired of people making OCs trying to be edgy and dark for no reason. I like pirates, so that's a plus. As for the redesign, it looks pretty sweet. I'd like to know about that robotic leg, or whatever it is. The cutie mark is much better. I don't like the mane colours too much, but they don't look that bad. Overall, it has been throughly improved, which is always good! Keep learning and improving, and i'm sure this character will become a very memorable! :squee:

Oh, much, much better. I'm tired of people making OCs trying to be edgy and dark for no reason. I like pirates, so that's a plus. As for the redesign, it looks pretty sweet. I'd like to know about that robotic leg, or whatever it is. The cutie mark is much better. I don't like the mane colours too much, but they don't look that bad. Overall, it has been throughly improved, which is always good! Keep learning and improving, and i'm sure this character will become a very memorable! :squee:

The leg thingy is actualy just a gauntlet ^W^ So basically just armour :3

• Brohoof 1

Haha, I like that! I think on the cutie mark specifically I agree the old one looks kinda "edgy", but it was more unique and personalized; thus I prefer it over a simple treasure chest, which I've seen on multiple other OCs. All else considered though, I prefer the new design. More unique, more personalized, more of (what I assume is) "you". That's what a personal OC is to me - a representation (and sorta **slight** exaggeration) of self. Not that you have to agree, that's just my thoughts. ^^''

• Brohoof 1

Haha, I like that! I think on the cutie mark specifically I agree the old one looks kinda "edgy", but it was more unique and personalized; thus I prefer it over a simple treasure chest, which I've seen on multiple other OCs. All else considered though, I prefer the new design. More unique, more personalized, more of (what I assume is) "you". That's what a personal OC is to me - a representation (and sorta **slight** exaggeration) of self. Not that you have to agree, that's just my thoughts. ^^''

thank you for the feed back :D

• Brohoof 1