Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1897923

God that name is friggin' stupid.

Well, here we go. This year's milky game for the COD franchise has basically been confirmed, named 'Infinite Warfare'. The lack of creativity in that name is astounding, but the name probably alludes to the whole space combat gimmick they are going to try and throw at us. So this will be another year, another COD with another $50 season pass.

Now there is one thing I am curious about, apparently this game will include a remastered version of the frist Modern Warfare. This will be something that would actually be quite cool, if they don't mess it up. Knowing the odds they got some D-team to port it over and it will perform like ass, but we'll see. This honestly seems a bit like a desperation move though. 

So, what are your thoughts on this? As you can tell, I am not overly fond of this series now. Ghosts was meh, Advanced Warfare was underwhelming and Black Ops 3 was immensely disappointing, so my confidence in this tired franchise is next to nil. It doesn't help that Activision is one of the greediest publishers in the industry. 

I was satisfied with Black Ops 3, but Infinity Ward has not made a good CoD since MW2, and this is clearly trying to milk MW and MW2 because they realize they are more or less done.

Time to quote myself 

Infinite Warfare by Infinity Ward   

Infinity Wardfare  

Also thank got it's not a sequel to fucking Ghosts

Getting a remaster of MW1 is really nice though, still one of the series best 

Edited by Megas

Ghosts was the worst cod. Not the worst game ever, but the worst cod. Advanced Warfare could be fun at times and Black Ops 3 is the best one since Black Ops 2. IMO, anyway.

But I've heard that this one will be in space and if that's true, then I probably won't get it. It really depends if they pull it off well. I'm definitely not pre-ordering it, though.

I'm not some blind hater of the Call of Duty franchise, I've played most of the newer ones. It can be easily said that the last 3 games have been very bad in comparison to others. Everything after Black Ops II has been a 5/10 at best. It seems each developer has just blended into one and all the games feel the same. If they use the same engine as the previous 3 games, this game will most likely end up like the others. If I do recall correctly, Black Ops II still has tons of players on it in comparison to others.

If this is called Infinite Warfare then I hope the rest are just "Still Warfare" and "Yep, More Warfare". I won't be getting it but I sure as will get a remastered CoD4. They could do absolutely nothing to update it and I'd still get it so I can re-live my shooter glory days on the PS4. 

check those corners

• 5 years later...

It's kind of a shame this one got overlooked because honestly, as someone who mainly plays these games for the campaign, as far as campaigns go it's one of the best in the series(just below CoD4 and Black Ops 1)

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, Megas said:

It's kind of a shame this one got overlooked because honestly, as someone who mainly plays these games for the campaign, as far as campaigns go it's one of the best in the series(just below CoD4 and Black Ops 1)

I did actually play the campaign later and it was a pleasant surprise, even though I did skip the story entirely. In terms of game play, scenery and setpieces, IW was actually pretty dope. Certainly better than whatever the hell COD is now. 

• Brohoof 1