60 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 months later...

There's something about this that has always left me feeling somewhat disgusted... the choice of the word "Crusader."  I can't help but think of the European Crusades, where people, villages, and nations that weren't Catholic were forced to conversion or destroyed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not my fav, but not bad.  I, too, really get tired of the "bully cliche" as someone else put it.  Plus, the rich catty girls thing.  -.-  I'm not sure how it even has a good lesson about dealing with bullies- Applebloom mostly hides and then gets rescued by other people.  But I like how Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle put it at the end, about how great it is to have the potential to be anything.  ^^

80s Cheerilee = <3!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I honestly think instead of trying to think and find out what you are good at a pony just needs to casually find out until eventually they get a cutie mark however if i were my ponysana i still wouldnt have a cutie mark because i dont have a talent i know of.

• 3 months later...

The end of this episode explains what it is like to become a Brony.

Twilight Sparkle:

Dearest Princess Celestia,

I am happy to report that one of your youngest subjects has learned a valuable lesson about friendship. Sometimes, the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out...

Princess Celestia:

...can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are. Hmm...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was ok, I was not really impressed, but it did introduce the rest of the CMC :)

• 4 months later...

The Episode that marks the birth of our favorite sidegroup and for some even their favorite group in the show. I think this was also the perfect way to start it.

Applebloom is a very believable character in the struggles that she has, wanting nothing more to gain her cutie mark. A Cutie Mark (atleast from my perspective) is the equivalent to gaining Adulthood, or atleast hitting Puberty. Some Kids think that being an Adult gains you more freedoms, so they can't wait for it. Applebloom is one of those.

Of course, it also gives us the debut of everybodys favorite pony Diamond Tiara. She is a flat bully, but atleast she is just a kid, which i couldn't say about Gilda.

I really like the montage between Applebloom and Rainbow Dash and eventhough Rainbow didn't know how handle little fillies at this point, she still showed her best intentions.

Overall, very good episode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this episode dragged a little.  Not saying there were some parts with substance, overall I'd say it was a good episode, but nothing to write home about. This was my second time watching it, and I have to say I missed a lot of background ponies.  I wasn't looking for them before because I didn't know they existed until around the 4th or 5 season; like Dr Whooves, Lyra, and Bon Bon was sighted.  I did like the song Pinkie did with Apple Bloom about making cup cakes; very creative. Then again she's has always been good at making songs - like the song about Zacora. 

post-36321-0-07158100-1451106303_thumb.jpg

post-36321-0-44605300-1451106601_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Absolutely loved it. The episode did a perfect job of explaining what the marks meant, they should have done it a bit earlier even. It also shows what ponies have to go through and stuff which I found interesting.

• 2 months later...

This was a good episode. Though, the way Diamond Tiara taunted Apple Bloom wouldn't be, like, necessary. Wasn't she like a "blank flank" when she hadn't found her talent? So, she and Silver Spoon are the rivals of the CMC, that would make some sense.

As for the CMC, I think their slogan, when they tries to help other ponies, should be, "Cutie Mark Crusaders Unit!" Like the way the Skylanders Academy television series' heroes summon slogan is.