Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The hotel of love and tolerance

Minty_The_Sweet

(edited)

Link to the OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/152485-anyone-want-to-join-the-resort-of-love-and-tolerance/

A new resort has just opened and it has been called "The resort of love and tolerance" for its acceptance of all races. Changeling, Breezie, animal, Pony all are welcome to the resort of love and tolerance! in fact a few lucky sentient beings have been sent exclusive tickets to this luxurious and welcoming resort!​ can't wait to see you there!

Princess Butterfly stood in front of the hotel doors, feeling very anxious about going in. She had found the invite in-between her favourite book that she always borrowed from the library. She was a royal changeling who loved ponies and had dreams of becoming one, one day. She didn't need her pony form and if she was in her changeling form she wouldn't have to feed as much but she felt better in her pony form.

Butterfly sighed and sucked in a deep breath before walking into the resort with a practiced smile. As she walked up to the receptionist Butterfly noticed that the pony behind the counter was a bat pony. "Um... I got a invite saying I was invited to the resort of love and tolerance? p-please tell me I got the right resort" Butterfly said before pushing the invite onto the desk. The bat pony examined Princess Butterfly carefully before sighing and handing her a golden key. "4th floor, room 466" the bat pony said before going back to fiddling with her wing.

Butterfly ran to the closest elevator and poked the button for 4th floor. She relaxed and brought out a book from her saddle bag to read. She was currently reading 'Snow White and the seven breezies' her latest conquest over the fairytale world.

The door pinged and opened letting Butterfly out in the fourth floor. Being the skilled navigator that she was Butterfly eventually found her room in 2 hours. After opening the door Butterfly gasped at how beautiful the room was with its silk sheets and glitter covered kitchen. This room screamed Butterfly and with a high pitched squeal she flew onto the couch and sighed at the softness.

Edited by Minty_The_Sweet
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

@@Minty_The_Sweet,  Francis opened the doors and looked around the main room, he breathed in deeply before dropping his disguise. "Hello, where's my room?" He asked walking over to the counter, he wasn't aware the pony had fangs or bat wings until they came into view. "You're a bat pony? they really do let any race in here." He looked around the room. "Where do I put my bags?"

Edited by Frannis
  • Brohoof 1

@,

"Our bellhop is sick at the moment, you need to carry them yourself" The bat pony looked over the Changeling with piercing red eyes. "Another Changeling? well it appears the invite sender likes Changelings. 4th floor room 438" The bat pony tossed the key to Francis before picking up her magazine and reading again. "Come to the dining hall at 6 pm for food, for invited all refreshments are free" The bat pony pointed towards the elevator with a pale blue hoof.

• Brohoof 1

@@Minty_The_Sweet, Francis chuckled. "So I'm not the only changeling? well I'll be sure to meet the other one when I can." He happily picked up his luggage and carried it with him on the way upstairs. and then just as he reached his room. "Oh shot." He dropped everything teleporting to the entrance room. "Forgot the keys!" He picked them up from the floor taking them with him as he teleported back to his room door. "Silly me forgetting the keys." He fidgeted with them as he tried to put them in the keyhole correctly. "Finally!" He cheered managing to get the key to turn, he entered in placing his luggage in the corner of the room. "Whew!" He let himself fall backwards onto the bed with a woosh.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Butterfly heard the distant cheer and fell of the couch with a thud, startled immensely. "Oh please be another Changeling! I really need a familiar face right now, but wait what if it is one of the bad Changelings? or one of those peculiar ones" Butterfly thought back to the lessons about symbiotic Changelings. They were unique in nature and were quite peaceful with ponies, but some parasitic Changelings like Butterfly's kind hunted them down. She would never dream of hurting them, she couldn't hurt them, but she didn't want to confront one just incase. "Should I go and meet them? or should I stay inside and read this wonderful fairy tale?" Butterfly thought about this intensely before sighing and getting up. Butterfly put the book down and trotted to the door, twisting the knob with her hoof.

"Hello? is anyone there?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Minty_The_Sweet, He was still laying on the bed when she opened the door. "Hi!" He sat up and gave her a smile, immediately realizing she was a changeling. "So you're the other changeling the receptionist was talking about." He said pointing to her, he hopped up from his bed and walked over to her. "Name's Francis, What's yours?" He asked putting a hoof out for a hoof shake.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Butterfly, n-nice to meet you t-too" Butterfly put out her hoof as well. "I don't think Iv seen you in the hive before, where are you from?" Butterfly was extremely curious by nature, her curiosity always overrode her shyness when it came to anomalies. "I do hope to be friends with you, I haven't really had a friend before but Iv heard their nice" Butterfly spoke excitedly about friendship. Friendship was the only thing that rivalled her love of books which made her similar to one element bearer in a way.

• Brohoof 1

@@Minty_The_Sweet, Francis shook her hoof. "Nice to meet you Butterfly, I'd rather not talk about what hive I'm from." He drew his hoof back and rubbed his left leg with his right hoof. "But I will tell you which one I'm in now." He said with a bit of a pause. "Have you heard of Nectar? I'm part of her hive."

• Brohoof 1

@

"Oh iv heard of her hive! don't they have a positive relationship with ponies instead of a parasitic one like us? Iv wanted to join but I can't because Im- I mean, I have an important job with the hive" Butterfly didn't want to reveal she was the heir to the royal throne of her hive mainly because it wasn't something you told your first friend. "What is it like in Nectar's hive, is everyone happy and well fed? how does the symbiotic relationship work?" Butterfly fluttered on about how many books she had read on the subject. Her knowledge and enthusiasm was a bit startling but still interesting even though it was often very hard to follow.

"Everypony, recreational activities are being held in the main hall. Guests currently staying at the hotel it is recommended that you join to make sure you have plenty of fun!" a random speaker attached to one of the walls announced very loudly. "Do you think we should go? It might be fun? I don't really know how to play anything so this will be a challenge" Butterfly looked at Francis expectantly for an answer.

• Brohoof 1

@@Minty_The_Sweet, Francis put up a hoof. "To many questions to answer at my hotel room door, and yeah sure let's go to the main hall." Francis impatiently teleported there instead of walking like the lazy pony he was. "I really hope she knows how to teleport. other wise I'll have to wait." He walked over and sat down at a table leaning his head on both of his front hooves.

• Brohoof 1

@,

As Francis teleported away Butterfly became a slightly lighter shade of pink as she realised he had teleported. Butterfly knew how to trace the teleportation and simply travel through the energy current but because of her 'Pony friendly diet' it wasn't something she could easily pull off. Her power was weak and her love energy was barely anything so this would be extremely difficult and quite dangerous but it would lessen suspicion. Butterfly's horn glowed a distinct pinkish green as she focused on the energy signature. Her body dissipated before reappearing on the authorised next to Francis.

"Hey" Butterfly said weakly as she sat down on the chair next to Francis a little woozy. "Been a while since I last teleported, so anything happen?" as Butterfly spoke a hatch in the top of the roof opened, blanketing the hall with snow. "First test activity is;Snow! build snowman, have snowball fights, make snow angels, whatever you want you can do it! as long as it involves snow!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Minty_The_Sweet, Francis levitated the snow off himself when it fell out of the roof. "Not much has gone on." Francis got up and kicked at the piles of snow. "It's pretty boring gathering love, especially since it has to be a real relationship." He picked up some snow and threw it on the ground. "Sure a 'friend'ship is fine for my species, but symbiotic changelings need to love the pony back in order to feed." He sat down drawing in the snow. "And, to add onto that. Nectar is telepathic and knows if I try to get into a fake friendship and she doesn't like if I do that." He picked up more snow and formed it into a ball and threw it onto the ground really hard. "So I've spent a long time trying to find a real actual friend because Nectar doesn't like fake friendships." Throughout his rant his anger about the situation became more clear, he prefered his species way of feeding rather than Nectar's.

Edited by Frannis
  • Brohoof 1

@,

"I don't usually get actual friends considering most Changelings just want to be friends with me to get higher up in the ranks and considering only my mother has telepathy with the hive... one sided relationships aren't fun. Symbiotic sounds great for me considering I don't know when I have a real relationship with friends... except for one pony but I don't know where she went after the canterlot wave. But now I have you as a friend and I know this is a two sided relationship!" Butterfly smiled before realising one of the things she had said. This was getting put down in her mental notes to focus on what she was saying instead of going on autopilot when she talked.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Minty_The_Sweet, Francis sat there for a while silent, thinking over what she said. "Yeah, I suppose that's all true." He said rubbing the back of his head. "But I don't think either of us know how to be friends." He said getting up. "Unless you do." He walked over to Butterfly. "Do you?" He asked tilting his head.

Edited by Frannis
  • Brohoof 1

@,

"I follow Twillight's friendship reports, but they aren't the most specific but I know a little... possibly" Butterfly thought hard on what she had learnt about friendship. "It consists of a lot of trust, the ability to rely on them and a lot of other stuff. Well I think it also involves being nice to each other? and respect although I don't think any pony could respect me" Butterfly flopped in the cool snow and started making snow Pegasi.

• Brohoof 1

Zen calmly walked up to the desk at the front, "Hello! My name is Zen Sunflower, pleasure to meet you. I heard you have a room here?" she asked, not even acknowledging the fact that the pony she was talking to was a Bat Pony. "Hotel of Love and Tolerance? Seems interesting. It's wonderful that ponies are so accepting these days."

• Brohoof 2

Jackie quietly walked into the hotel, taking a deep breath as she entered; she had a habit of smelling a room whenever she walked into one, especially one that she had never been in before. Here she was, taking a nice vacation from daily stresses that would surely be waiting for her when she got back. Still, better than nothing.

She was about to step up to the counter when she noticed Zen standing there already. Shrugging, she dropped her bag near a chair in the lobby and took a seat, her back aching a bit. She halfway wondered if this place had a pool.

• Brohoof 2

"Well, that was simple. Didn't even have to check in." How suspicious. Jackie grabbed her bag and gave the distracted concierge a questioning glare before quickly making her way over to the elevator. The hotel was heavily decorated, but not to a point where it was overwhelming. She felt that maybe she should drop her bag off first since she really didn't want to haul it around.

She pressed the call button for the elevator and waited patiently.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Minty_The_Sweet

@Jackie: sleepy mare

"Alright then! Thank you, miss!" Zen chimed. She just followed Jackie since she honestly had no idea where to go. "Um...hello! My name is Zen Sunflower! What's yours?" she greeted with a smile on her face. It was clear that Zen was very friendly and trusting, almost to a fault,

Edited by asdfmovienerd39
  • Brohoof 1

@@asdfmovienerd39,

"Hm?" Jackie looked behind her at noticed Zen, who had gotten to the counter first. She sized her up quickly, then smiled and gave her a slight nod. "Name's Jackie."

Jackie remembered when she used to be that eager to talk to others. Now, she was far more subdued, but no less friendly. "You here on vacation, too?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Minty_The_Sweet, Francis trotted over to Butterfly and feel down next to her, on purpose of course, and started making snow pegasi as well. "I wouldn't disrespect anypony." He sat up upon the realization of something. "Wait, what did you mean by 'higher up in the ranks' earlier?" He asked looking down at Butterfly. "Are you royalty or something?" He asked hoping that he wasn't intruding in on her personal space with the question.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Well, sort of. As with all monks my age, I leave the Monsastery for about five years to go around helping whenever or wherever I can." Zen explained, still smiling. She then extended her hoof for a hoofshake. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Jackie!"

Edited by asdfmovienerd39
  • Brohoof 1

@@asdfmovienerd39,

Jackie reached over and bumped her hoof, returning the gesture. "Nice to meet you as well."

The elevator door slowly slid open and Jackie made her way into the mechanism, making sure there was room for the cute mare. "So, a monk, huh? How's that treating you so far?"

• Brohoof 1

"Oh I can't complain, really. It's been going well. " Zen replied with her trademark cheerful smile and then walks into the elevator next to Jackie. Suddenly, her eyes flashed green for a second. "There are Changelings in this place. I hope they're the nice ones and not the ones I encountered as a small child.."

• Brohoof 1