gaming A little rant about Microsoft Gaming Studios

The Cynical Lone Wolf

(edited)

Disclaimer: I'm just your average, yes I hardly played any Nintendo, but I am just an average gamer. So I'm no one side.

What the hell happened? I mean it, what happened? Let me back up for a second, and tell you why I'm asking that. You see when I was a kid, Microsoft Gaming Studios was on top of the gaming world. They invited online gaming for consoles and heck you even argue without the invention of Xbox live, steam wouldn’t existed  and social media would be different.

Also, every time they were @ E3 they grab the gaming community's attention. Heck, they made possible for one split moment in time, made possible to watch Netflix online with your friend in like let's say Canada. The avatar mechanic had a point, and you can use them across different apps and games. You always brought something new table when it came to Xbox Live and  E3.

Now look at you, Microsoft. You are now trying everything at the wall to get the gamer’s attention, but they aren’t bugging. I can’t blame for us not to; you made one of the disastrous console announcements in history(IMHO). It most importantly backfired on you Microsoft to point where you are still trying to recover from that mess. I will also like to say that Xbox live hasn’t been innovative in years. Heck these past two years @ E3 they didn’t even touch upon Xbox Live. You are also latching on to ,mostly, multiplatform games, as part of your announcements at E3. What’s sadder is that your trying everything through at the wall in order from recover from your Kentic and One announcement mess. Your also  trying not go bankrupt because, to me at least, it seems like you are slowly are . So Im trying to say is please Microsoft, please come back.

I just need to get this, and I feel this song is appropriate 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oncmL69ZEJ8

Edited by COBLoneWolf
  • Brohoof 1

Um, did we watch the same conference? :P They're E3 this year shows exactly the kind of things they're doing to bring themselves back up from the disastrous place that Don Mattrick left them in back in 2013. Moving to a focus on both the console platform and Windows 10 is pretty much key for them to last in this generation due to the difference in sales between the Xbox One and the Playstation 4.

Microsoft has become known as "that guy" thanks to all the shenanigans they caused. It's gonna be even harder for them to be still likeable since more and more people are only keeping negative thoughts about them.

Microsoft has become known as "that guy" thanks to all the shenanigans they caused. It's gonna be even harder for them to be still likeable since more and more people are only keeping negative thoughts about them.

What I don't understand is, when are people going to get over that? Yes, they were going to go into this console gen with some really bad stuff, but in the end, they didn't. Sony started the 7th console gen with the PS3 and it was under fire by a lot of people, for many reasons. Sony eventually fixed those problems and people eventually forgot about their mistakes. I really wonder when people are going to do the same for Microsoft when they have been doing nothing but good things for the past two years.

Honestly while they had some good games at E3, and I get that Windows 10 is like their investment to save themselves if the Xbox fails... But they released every single game they announced on Windows 10 as well, which means if people don't already own an Xbox, you're giving them to option to never have to own one. It's sort of sabotaging their own system.

The Xbox One is a solid device. It has some great features, including the definitive media features, but if you can't get it into people's hands or justify its purchase to them... You kind of hit a moot point.

What I don't understand is, when are people going to get over that? Yes, they were going to go into this console gen with some really bad stuff, but in the end, they didn't. Sony started the 7th console gen with the PS3 and it was under fire by a lot of people, for many reasons. Sony eventually fixed those problems and people eventually forgot about their mistakes. I really wonder when people are going to do the same for Microsoft when they have been doing nothing but good things for the past two years.

Different reasons why people still hate Microsoft. From forced marketing (Windows 8 and 10) to shutting down potential games (Fable, Project Spark) and also their attitude, with the Xbone interview by Angry Joe as the most infamous example*. Sony got it's share of hate too, and they're still recovering from the hacks.

* The interview probably led to the abolishing of the draconian DRM bullshit policies.