Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SPOILER! Season 6 Finale - Thorax

WanderingPony

When you put it that way, having her become corrupted would make a lot of sense. Starlight offered her a hoof in friendship yet Chrysalis spat on that by declaring that she would have revenge. She couldn't accept the fact that the other Changelings had evolved past her own expectations for them, and decided that her best course would be flee for her existence. Revenge and evil characters go hand-in-hand. They covet it because they feel it's all they have left after losing everything. They actually become more dangerous than before.

I don't want my Queen covered in pastels looking like Stantler from Pokemon.... I already have nightmarish ideas of fan fictions being written for the alternate season 6 ending (cringe) But yes... The message would be there. Chrysalis declines peace and friendship... And instead loses her free will to a stronger villain. 

Edited by SunsetBaconDrive

I don't want my Queen covered in pastels looking like Stantler from Pokemon.... I already have nightmarish ideas of fan fictions being written for the alternate season 6 ending (cringe) But yes... The message would be there. Chrysalis declines peace and friendship... And instead loses her free will to a stronger villain. 

The new look for the Changelings would look terrible on a character like Chrysalis. But yes, her actions in the finale could lead her down an even darker path that would result in losing her freedom but in exchange for more power.

• Brohoof 1

The new look for the Changelings would look terrible on a character like Chrysalis. But yes, her actions in the finale could lead her down an even darker path that would result in losing her freedom but in exchange for more power.

Do you think in season 7 they're going to promote this Guardians of Harmony thing?

I just watched it and I'm freaking out <3

I loved this finally so much!!!

I need to make my Changeling OC's evolved form (Idk what else to call it)

• Brohoof 2

I just watched it and I'm freaking out <3

I loved this finally so much!!!

I need to make my Changeling OC's evolved form (Idk what else to call it)

My new favorite finale too. Not much action like season 4's... But a balance of action and good writing.

• Brohoof 1

My new favorite finale too. Not much action like season 4's... But a balance of action and good writing.

Agreed. I really enjoyed it x3

Chrysalis's rant to Starlight perfectly summed up Chrysalis's cold and black hearted character. I got what I wanted in this finale. I wish Discord and Chrysalis exchanged dialogue, but that's me nitpicking.

That would've been really cool!

Great drawing! I seem to be in the minority that loves the new design of the changelings, but I do think it is as good as their former design and I love the idea that they can evolve to be like that. I think I actually want to make a changeling OC now, with both forms.

Edited by MilkyWay27
  • Brohoof 1

Great drawing! I seem to be in the minority that loves the new design of the changelings, but I do think it is as good as their former design and I love the idea that they can evolve to be like that. I think I actually want to make a changeling OC now, with both forms.

Just not......The Queen.... No. I bet Chrysalis is having nightmares every time she sleeps about transforming into the rainbow palette changelings. :love:

• Brohoof 1

Just not......The Queen.... No. I bet Chrysalis is having nightmares every time she sleeps about transforming into the rainbow palette changelings. :love:

I bet she actually considered Starlight's advice but then realized she would become like that as well. She knows her design is too awesome to be changed  :orly:

I bet she actually considered Starlight's advice but then realized she would become like that as well. She knows her design is too awesome to be changed  :orly:

I'm hoping that false hoof out isn't going to be used in season 7 as a re-attempt on her. I think DHX did that as a nod to the fandom that they know we're tired of constant reformations.

Do you think in season 7 they're going to promote this Guardians of Harmony thing?

I heard that Guardians of Harmony is only going to be a toyline and will have an annual comic starting next year.

​Most people were hoping that Chrysalis wouldn't reform even though for a brief moment it looked like she was really considering the offer presented before her.

I heard that Guardians of Harmony is only going to be a toyline and will have an annual comic starting next year.

​Most people were hoping that Chrysalis wouldn't reform even though for a brief moment it looked like she was really considering the offer presented before her.

Joking of course, but I felt limbo for a short amount of time when I thought Chrysalis was going accept Starlight's speech. Like time stopped lmao.

I'm hoping that false hoof out isn't going to be used in season 7 as a re-attempt on her. I think DHX did that as a nod to the fandom that they know we're tired of constant reformations.

Personally I don't mind reformations, but I don't think Chrysalis is a character to be reformed. I want to see what kind of revenge on Starlight she plots, I'm expecting it to be awesome  :D

Personally I don't mind reformations, but I don't think Chrysalis is a character to be reformed. I want to see what kind of revenge on Starlight she plots, I'm expecting it to be awesome  :D

I wish it was toward Twilight though. but it seems Chrysalis was already satisfied capturing Twilight off screen. So Chrysalis beat Twilight Sparkle in season 2  and in season 6. C'mon Twilight step it up!

I wish it was toward Twilight though. but it seems Chrysalis was already satisfied capturing Twilight off screen. So Chrysalis beat Twilight Sparkle in season 2  and in season 6. C'mon Twilight step it up!

67031947.jpg

Joking of course, but I felt limbo for a short amount of time when I thought Chrysalis was going accept Starlight's speech. Like time stopped lmao.

If she had reformed, the fandom would be in an uproar for like the fifth or sixth time now.

Reformation is good if it's handled correctly. Sunset got a fantastic reformation despite the constraints of being in a movie while Starlight got one that didn't see her atone for anything. Chrysalis should be someone who can never be reformed.

67031947.jpg

Tirek: Chrysalis? What are you doing here.

Chrysalis: Why have you followed me?

Tirek: so you lost your entire army right?

Chrysalis: Angry face

Tirek: Those ponies took your army, your special throne and your hive... You got nothing. Square one

Chrysalis angered again

Tirek: But you have a cold and evil heart... And I got the brawn... I figure you and I could.....partner up.

I had to copy Breaking bad  :P

Edited by SunsetBaconDrive
  • Brohoof 2

Reformation is good if it's handled correctly. Sunset got a fantastic reformation despite the constraints of being in a movie while Starlight got one that didn't see her atone for anything. Chrysalis should be someone who can never be reformed.

Their reformations have been total opposites. Sunset didn't get any transition between her old a new self (her old self was basically dumped and replaced with a better character), but she had to face the consequences of her actions and her process to be accepted made Rainbow Rocks an awesome movie. Starlight is still in a constant transition from her old self to her new self, but she didn't have to face the same obstacles as Sunset to be accepted, she was instantly forgiven.

Personally, I like both approaches. Having Starlight go to the same process of acceptation as Sunset would've been hard due to the episodic nature of the show, and it would have been hard to make Sunset go through a transition like Starlight because of the inconvenience of having to resolve her character in just one movie. 

Edited by MilkyWay27

Their reformations have been total opposites. Sunset didn't get any transition between her old a new self (her old self was basically dumped and replaced with a better character), but she had to face the consequences of her actions and her process to be accepted made Rainbow Rocks an awesome movie. Starlight is still in a constant transition from her old self to her new self, but she didn't have to face the same obstacles as Sunset to be accepted, she was instantly forgiven.

Personally, I like both approaches. Having Starlight go to the same process of acceptation as Sunset would've been hard due to the episodic nature of the show, and it would have been hard to make Sunset go through a transition like Starlight because of the inconvenience of having to resolve her character in just one movie. 

Sunset had two movies to change though, felt natural and not contrived. Even after Rainbow Rocks she still was not that confident in herself.

Sunset had two movies to change though, felt natural and not contrived. Even after Rainbow Rocks she still was not that confident in herself.

Her lack of confidence was a problem with her Rainbow Rocks personality, not with her Equestria Girls personality. There was a time skip between both movies so I can buy her change though, and it was necessary to make Rainbow Rocks the great movie it is. I don't have any problems with how both Starlight and Sunset were reformed, I just find it interesting how different both characters have turned out to be despite having almost the same premise.

And it's that last bit about how Starlight was forgiven that caused the fandom to get incredibly divisive over her future in the show. As I said, I liked what they did with Sunset yet I won't deny the fact that the Equestria Girls movies' time constraint did make her reformation feel just as rushed. The first movie didn't do her good but the second most certainly did. I would've preferred Starlight having to atone for what she did, but it seems she is actually experiencing a personal atonement by blaming herself for her past actions and wallowing in that.

I kinda wish he spoke after his transformation. It'd interesting if his voice remained the same, since he sounded like a teenager or young man.

i honestly really wanted him to have some lines after his transformation too, its sad that he didn't have any

FFS, can this thread be edited to not have a character name in the title?

bruh the spoiler tag is there for a reason, and the topic is about the character. 

Great drawing, @WanderingPony!

The new Thorax design reminds me of Stantler in Pokemon, as well as the Forest Spirit in Princess Mononoke, .

oh man, it kinda does, doesn't it???

• Brohoof 1