Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Explore Equestria VS Pokemon Go? MLP Popularity

ManaMinori

will Hasbro ever make an app that can compete with  the success of Pokemon Go? I can imagine them capitalizing on the "Explore Equestria" theme, and developing an app that allows people to walk around their cities to meet with ponies, go on cutie map missions, and hunt down and fight changelings or rogue parasites, and exchanging friend codes increases your magic of friendship meter to blast changelings bosses around hotspots. Maybe a certain number of friendship points could be redeemed for limited time offer ponies, like in the style of the older generation mail-in ponies.

Can you guys ever see an app like this, similar to Pokemon go? Will pony ever be able to compete with pocket monsters?

Two things. Of course MLP could compete in this game space. I mean, anything within the same market is competing. Could they be as successful? No, likely not.

Next you need to look at the development of Go to see the second flaw. Niantic, not Nintendo, developed the actual app. To get it to a point where it was able to be more than a proof of concept, Niantic leveraged what they had already built with their prior work. Any developer Hasbro goes after would need to have a already laid the groundwork for the AR aspects that use real world locations.

I do expect many clones and knock offs, go Go is not Bejeweled or Candy Crush. It's far more sophisticated.

• Brohoof 2

Changelings fights? As of the Season 6 finale this would be very cruel :D They're reformed, remember?

But in light with the topic, i'd love a pokemon go themed MLP app!

Just, uh, keep Applejack as the best character, OK?

I'd play it but I don't know if they'd actually make it.

you never know, but it sure would be pretty awesome if they did. (dunno why they didn't take a hint from g1, with humans interacting with ponies, to make the technology for this, when it became available)
  • Brohoof 1

Changelings fights? As of the Season 6 finale this would be very cruel :D They're reformed, remember?

But in light with the topic, i'd love a pokemon go themed MLP app!

Just, uh, keep Applejack as the best character, OK?

so all got reformed? No one could have been away from the hive when that happens? Those are the ones that that could be in the game

so all got reformed? No one could have been away from the hive when that happens? Those are the ones that that could be in the game

Pretty sure it sent out a bubble. It would be weird if only half of them were reformed. That wouldn't be supported by the reformed changelings, surely?

Pretty sure it sent out a bubble. It would be weird if only half of them were reformed. That wouldn't be supported by the reformed changelings, surely?

well there's still hope for the unhatched larva to come out bad, which can be put in and explained the game

I like the idea. Most likely it wouldn't be as popular as Pokemon, but who cares. It still would have a nice amount of players, considering the size of the fandom.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Pokemon and I didn't play pokemon games that much, nor that Pokemon Go (from what I saw it is a pretty bad, bugged boring game (mechanic-wise), though the idea itself has a huuuuge potential).

MLP game also could have some RPG elements like Pokemon, so there always would be possibilities for features. Legend of Everfree itself gives many ideas for their skills and such. The show involves battles and villains, so there always would be place to fight with Timberwolves, for example.

Exploring, doing quests (for example collecting herbs around the map for Zecora), fighting with enemies and sharing the magic of friendship would be awesome enough for a game like this.

Also,

Changelings fights? As of the Season 6 finale this would be very cruel They're reformed, remember?

Spoilers.

Besides, they could be enemies in early stages ~ then with the game's story progress stuff would be changing.