Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fiesta Flair

ManaMinori

post-23572-0-54120400-1487554011.jpg

Was there any real backlash by the appearance of this Hispanic accented, maraca cutie marked pony seen in "Ladybug Jamboree" and in the crowd in "Twinkle Wish Adventures"? She never got a toyline pony.

https://youtu.be/2BwZFAy2Rbw

https://youtu.be/iYpMoUdMFWQ

I think Fiesta is adorable. What do you guys think?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 3

I did not really see much backlash I know the issue was that her accent was apparently Hispanic so some found it racist causing Hasbro to remove her from the show well remove her voice anyways and they never produced any toys of her which I find ridiculous I think its a good idea to bring different cultures into mlp so I think having her in there was more of a good thing, but some people are not happy unless they ruin something for others, but I find her cute I think she should have remained and even sold as a toy. 

Edited by chaosprincess

Yes how dare a Spanish character have a Spanish accent.

I think she's adorable. She's got a bright, cheerful, uncommon color scheme, an upbeat personality and a fun, musical symbol. What a shame she never had a toy made.

Besides that, Hasbro has had worse stereotypes. This is the company that gave us Freakin Carbombya in Transformers.

Plus Wigwam and Tex from MLP who love to play Cowboys and Indians. Their words not mine.

And for some reason there's a misconception that Asian people can't drive. Which is weird, as I don't recall any of my relatives getting a ticket but whatever. Pizzazz told Raymond "Hey, it's not my fault that Aja chick can't drive." So a subtle slam there I suppose.

Fiesta Flair is harmless and inoffensive.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did not really see much backlash I know the issue was that her accent was apparently Hispanic so some found it racist causing Hasbro to remove her from the show well remove her voice anyways and they never produced any toys of her which I find ridiculous I think its a good idea to bring different cultures into mlp so I think having her in there was more of a good thing, but some people are not happy unless they ruin something for others, but I find her cute I think she should have remained and even sold as a toy.

that's true, some people are just party poopers. I really wish she could've gotten a toy. She deserved one.

Do you think there's hope for her in a newer generation?

• Brohoof 1

that's true, some people are just party poopers. I really wish she could've gotten a toy. She deserved one.

Do you think there's hope for her in a newer generation?

I would not be surprised since Hasbro is now placing in different nationalities in my little pony like the Indian ponies from spice up your life I believe it was called and the Saddle Arabian horses and Hasbro has been placing in older generation ponies as well so it would not surprise me if she was placed in even if she is just a cameo pony.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I asked my wife, who is Mexican, and she said she didn’t have a problem with it. She says maybe if the cutie mark was a sombrero or a taco it would seem more stereotypical, and overall she looks like a fun pony!

Edited by Sucker Punch

I am American of Mexican descent. And I think this is fine. If she would’ve started just spouting a bunch of stereotypical nonsense then would’ve been a problem. But here she is asked a question and gives an answer like a real person and not a stereotype. As opposed to “meh I don’t care let’s go get some burritos” especially with that strong accent.