Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Maud Pie Story 10: Rocky Mistake

danparkerstudios

(edited)

Here is the selected chapter to the stories of Maud Pie.

Rocky Mistake

Another day in Bouldertown and by now, Maud Pie has gotten to know Sedimentary and the two have gotten close to each other. The day after they met up again, Maud Pie wanted to tell Sedimentary something. “Well,” Sedimentary said, “What do you have today, my special?”

“Please don’t call me that,” Maud Pie said. “Sorry,” Sedimentary said, “Maud Pie?” “Well,” Maud Pie said, “Before I met you, I’ve helped another couple. And they said I can listen to their new song today.” “Oh,” Sedimentary said, “Well, I’d like to hear it with you, Maud Pie.” “You’re welcome to,” Maud Pie said, “Let’s meet up with them.” “Ok,” Sedimentary said.

Meanwhile, nearby Bouldertown, there were two unicorns who were digging up some treasure on a hillside. Of course, they were the Flim Flam Brothers. “I’ve heard there is a lot of silver and gold!” said Flam. “We should find all of them immediately,” Flim said. “Well, let’s keep digging!” Flam said as they both continued digging.

But what they will dig up instead is trouble. “Hey, look,” Flam said, “I’ve found this!” “What is it, brother?” Flim asked and he walked over to where his brother is. “Oh, it’s just a book,” Flim said, “A dirty old book.” Then the two turned to a certain page in the old book.

“Look at this, it has a spell,” Flam said and they recite the spell in the page. What the Flim Flam brothers didn’t know, is that when they were reciting the spell in the book, both of their horns glowed and a bunch of rocks started to float nearby. The two brothers were completely oblivious to this. After they were done looking at the book, the resumed digging for buried treasure.

Meanwhile, Maud Pie met up with Musica Journey and Ricky with her new boyfriend, Sedimentary outside of Bouldertown. “Hello,” Musica Journey said, “Maud Pie.” “Nice to see you again, Maud Pie,” Ricky said, “And I see you’ve got yourself a new friend.”

“Yes,” Maud Pie said, “Ricky, Musica Journey, I’d like you to meet my special some pony.” “She means boyfriend,” Sedimentary said, “Which I am that.” “Sedimentary,” Maud Pie said, “My boyfriend.” “Pleased to meet you, Sedimentary,” Musica Journey said.

“Me too,” Ricky said. “It’s nice to see that you have friends,” Sedimentary said. “And one day,” Maud Pie said, “I’ll take you to Ponyville.” “That will be interesting,” Ricky said. “I know,” Sedimentary said. But then, they heard a shaking sound. “What’s that?” Ricky asked.

“Earthquake?” Musica Journey asked. “We’re not near any fault lines,” Sedimentary said. “It actually stomping sounds,” Maud Pie said, “Boulder, hang on.” That is when a large creature jumped in front of the ponies. This creature is made out of rocks and clay.

“What is that?” Ricky asked. The rock monster gave off a dumb sounding roar. “Maud Pie?” Musica Journey said. “Oh no,” Maud Pie said, “That is a golem. A monstrous creature made out of rock and clay.” The golem prepared to slam a boulder onto the four ponies.

“Get out of the way!” Sedimentary shouted and they dodged the boulder strike. “We need to do something about this thing,” Ricky said. “We can’t let this thing into Bouldertown,” Maud Pie said as the golem roared again.

“Well,” Sedimentary said, “It not intelligent, so we can do something about it.” “I think we can trick it,” Maud Pie suggested, “Boulder, stay out of sight!” “Well, then I know this big old rock pie doesn’t have a brain,” Sedimentary said.

“Ok, Musica Journey said, “I may not be an active fighter, but I’ll give it my best shot!” “Right!” Maud Pie said, “Now everypony, go!” And the four ponies charged towards the golem. “We can do this!” Sedimentary said, “Even if we’re not unicorns or Pegasus!” The golem tried to stomp on both Maud Pie and Sedimentary, but missed.

“It’s working,” Maud Pie said. “You missed up, wide load!” Sedimentary shouted at the golem. “Now we charge!” Ricky said and he and Musica Journey tackled the giant rock monster, sending it crashing to the ground. “Try that again, captain monkey butt!” Ricky shouted. “Oh my,” Musica Journey said.

But then, the golem got back up and started throwing boulder everywhere. “This had gone far enough!” Maud Pie shouted. “The monster, known as the Golem,” Ricky said, “Is going berserk.” “Wait a minute,” Maud Pie said, “That golem’s body joints.” “What?” Ricky said, “They let the golem move freely.”

“And they’re made out of clay,” Maud Pie said. “You’re right,” Musica Journey and Sedimentary said, “Then let’s force it into a river.” “And there is one nearby,” Maud Pie said. She is right. “Ready to turn this brainless boulder into dust?” Ricky asked.

“Yes!” the other ponies agreed. “Now let’s stop this mess!” Ricky shouted and once again, the four ponies tackled at the golem. The golem became so distracted that it ended up near the river.

“Keep going!” Maud Pie said as the earth ponies continued to tackle the golem. Soon, the golem started to break apart. “We’re getting there,” Sedimentary said. “Let’s jump to conclusion,” Ricky said. With the golem distracted, the four ponies pushed the golem into the river.

Already being weakened, the golem broke apart in the rushing waters. “The clay that connected it is dissolving,” Sedimentary said, “Maud Pei, you are a great pony!” “Thank you,” Maud Pie said. Then the ponies hear a loud bang from the river.

“Must have been black equestrian magic,” Musica Journey said. “Yes,” Maud Pie agreed, “It’s now over.” “We’ve done it together!” Ricky shouted. “We’ve done it together!” Musica Journey said. “Yes,” Maud Pie agreed, “Boulder, you can come out now.”

And she took her pet rock out. “Wow,” Musica Journey said, “We really did it.” “That is what working together is all about,” Sedimentary said. “So,” Ricky said, “Shall we listen to our new song? As a reward?”

“Yes,” Maud Pie said, “Please. My boyfriend would love to hear it.” “Yes,” Sedimentary said. And so, the four friends returned to Bouldertown to listen to the new song.

Meanwhile, the Flim Flam brothers were oblivious to what had happened as they continued digging for treasure. “There’s got to be some gold here,” Flam said, “I can sense it.” “Me to, brother of mine!” Flim said. Hours later, the Flim Flam brothers had found nothing. “I think we’ve missed a spot,” Flam said.

But before Flim could reply, a large block of iron had been dropped onto the two. Princess Luna was flying up above at the time. She dropped the object onto the two unicorns. “Let’s just say that you’ve found yourself some pig iron,” Princess Luna said before flying off.

Edited by danparkerstudios