Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sinister Soil

GoldieS

6 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

"Well, lucky for you I offer but one freebie. So, I shall tell you this of me: nothing." Cabal replied, smile still disturbingly wide. 

"I have no need to lie, little feline. For you mortals are simple enough, it takes little effort to confuse and roughen up." He chuckled deeply again. "So believe me, when I claim I had nothing at all to contribute to such a devious spell." 

"Besides, I like little things, not big like you." he added. 

"You may have nothing to do with what happened, but there's still the matter of you two snatching foals. Where are you keeping them?" Elias demanded.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Biohazarddallas

"We've been for years, and only now you shed a single tear?" He shrugged. "So be it, I shall tell you, but don't be such a simple dolt, for I desire cats, dogs, fillies and colts..."

"Don't be so foolish mortal creature, knowledge requires sacrifice. If you wish to know where they are, you must give me one in return." Cabal smirked, before rolling his eyes upon Ozzie. "Yet I shall settle, should you let me have him, Ozmodious. Give me him, and I shall render my services in full to the rest of time." 

Ozzie stumbled back a little, forcing himself to glare at Cabal.

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

"We've been for years, and only now you shed a single tear?" He shrugged. "So be it, I shall tell you, but don't be such a simple dolt, for I desire cats, dogs, fillies and colts..."

"Don't be so foolish mortal creature, knowledge requires sacrifice of a creature. If you wish to know where they are, you must give me one in return." Cabal smirked, before rolling his eyes upon Ozzie. "Yet I shall settle, should you let me have him, Ozmodious. Give me him, and I shall render my services in full to the rest of time." 

Ozzie stumbled back a little, forcing himself to glare at Cabal.

"Yeah, not gonna happen mate. How about I seal you in a box for the rest of eternity instead." Elias snapped his fingers and the circle containing the trap box and grounding rod appeared. "That is a trap box I whipped up just for an occasion like this one. I say the right incantations and your fat ugly mug gets bound inside for as long as I wish. You'll be cramped, starving for souls with no one to give them to you. And the best part, you can't do jack to stop me. That brass spike is a mystic grounding rod, means you can't use magic. You're as weak as a mortal right now." Elias smiled menacingly.

Edited by Biohazarddallas
  • Brohoof 2

@Biohazarddallas

"You underestimate your betters, feline. You are not the only creature here with half a mind..." He replied chidingly. "Perhaps you are as capable as you believe, but would you truly risk losing me?"

"I have the knowledge you seek, all of it. The who, the what, the when... everything you want to know. There aren't many more in Tartarus willing to deal with you." Cabal paused, a mischievous grin across his face. "But... to ease your thoughts, I'll tell you where most of them reside..." 

Despite the chains holding down his flippers, he was able to shift them forward for a moment. He proceeded to pat his giant belly as if delighted by a recent meal. 

"Do have a care, there are many more out there... my darling paramour is rash at times, there's no telling what she might do if I don't return..." He chuckled darkly. 

• Brohoof 2

StarSnow stepped into the throne room.She lifted the ash with her magic carefully.She then sat on the ground, looking at the swirling portal to wait for the princess.

Luna frowned.

I had forgotten Tia was gone.

She turned and looked the captain. "That is...troubling.To think, all that ways away...How long ago did the...abductions, begin?"

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

"You underestimate your betters, feline. You are not the only creature here with half a mind..." He replied chidingly. "Perhaps you are as capable as you believe, but would you truly risk losing me?"

"I have the knowledge you seek, all of it. The who, the what, the when... everything you want to know. There aren't many more in Tartarus willing to deal with you." Cabal paused, a mischievous grin across his face. "But... to ease your thoughts, I'll tell you where most of them reside..." 

Despite the chains holding down his flippers, he was able to shift them forward for a moment. He proceeded to pat his giant belly as if delighted by a recent meal. 

"Do have a care, there are many more out there... my darling paramour is rash at times, there's no telling what she might do if I don't return..." He chuckled darkly. 

"You really shouldn't have told me that." Elias growled "Now I'll just have to kill you once you tell me your lover's true name. Sure killing a demon is almost impossible considering your pension for reviving yourselves in hell whenever some mortal's got the coconuts to put a cap in your arses. But, I can shred you into so many tiny pieces that it's gonna be a real bitch to put yerself back together. Makes it all the more easy when your wearing chains from another realm, since those can actually hurt ye." He said  "Stricta vincula!" Elias shouted and suddenly the chains wrapped around the whale began to tighten so much that his eyes started to bulge out of their sockets.

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow stepped into the throne room.She lifted the ash with her magic carefully.She then sat on the ground, looking at the swirling portal to wait for the princess.

Luna frowned.

I had forgotten Tia was gone.

She turned and looked the captain. "That is...troubling.To think, all that ways away...How long ago did the...abductions, begin?"

TU: Well to be honest princess these abdications have been happening since the outbreak started. It's like how everyone I knew closely were killed in the first ever abdication incident that happened in the city of the university the day the outbreak started.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Meanwhile, up on the roof, Varoyer approached Legion and Lory. "There's nothing more for us here. Let's head back to the castle and regroup, we'll just get in the way of the investigators out here."

7 hours ago, MARSOC said:

Legion struggled to regain his bearing. These stallions depended on him and he couldn't allow their morale to drop any further by seeming incapacitated. Nodding his agreement, he motioned for one of the mages to summon a portal.

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

"Yes sir." One of the guards replied, stepping off to find the appropriate mages. Most of them had gone down to help in investigate the scene at the moment. It only took a few moments for two of them to arrive and channel a portal into the throne room for the command team and everyone else. 

Lory sent Legion a couple of quick glances from the corner of the eye whilst a thousand thoughts raced through her mind. She hung her head down low with a somber expression as she slowly but surely lifted herself up and walked towards the portal. Looking through it, she was able to see the throne room once again, and somewhere in it, a somewhat familiar face patiently awaiting. The mare narrowed her eyes.

"...Cold Lady!" She called out, picking up the pace. Her body passed through the portal entirely: the same slight feeling of vertigo taking place once again, albeit that time around she was ready for it. Once in the throne room, Lory immediately picked up on a strange smell in the air. Sniffing around like a search-and-rescue dog, she attempted to identify the odor: something similar to an animal's rotting carcass. The foul smell promptly made her cringe, twisting her snout and coughing a couple of times. Her eyes became a bit watery as well.

"What the hell happened here!?" She inquired.

• Brohoof 3

@Star48955 @Techno Universal @Driz @MARSOC

"He's correct." The captain replied, nodding to Techno. "And that all began two months ago. There have been reports of abductions all across the continent and beyond, but the runes are specific to that town. It was concluded it was the result of a number of cultists in the swamp. Once we broke up one of their gatherings and apprehended a good number of them, they disbanded, and no more runes since. Still searching for the abductees."

Meanwhile in the throne room beyond the portal, Maul and several other guards rushed into the room. "What happened!?" 

He stared at the piles of ash, mixed with the few pieces of armor. There was a genuine look of concern across his face, not that he thought Snow was somehow responsible for melting the guards. 

@Biohazarddallas

His eyes and body bulged as the chains constricted more and more. Still, he maintained his mad composure, seemingly unintimidated by Elias' efforts. 

Still constricting around him, the chains gradually began to recede, pulling Cabal back through the ruinous portal Elias had created. Suddenly, his fat body popped through, disappearing completely. 

Ozzie gave a sigh of relief at being rid of the creature, despite loosing him. "Well, that could have gone better... perhaps next time you should convince them to give you the information before threatening their lives?"

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

"He's correct." The captain replied, nodding to Techno. "And that all began two months ago. There have been reports of abductions all across the continent and beyond, but the runes are specific to that town. It was concluded it was the result of a number of cultists in the swamp. Once we broke up one of their gatherings and apprehended a good number of them, they disbanded, and no more runes since. Still searching for the abductees."

Meanwhile in the throne room beyond the portal, Maul and several other guards rushed into the room. "What happened!?" 

He stared at the piles of ash, mixed with the few pieces of armor. There was a genuine look of concern across his face, not that he thought Snow was somehow responsible for melting the guards. 

@Biohazarddallas

His eyes and body bulged as the chains constricted more and more. Still, he maintained his mad composure, seemingly unintimidated by Elias' efforts. 

Still constricting around him, the chains gradually began to recede, pulling Cabal back through the ruinous portal Elias had created. Suddenly, his fat body popped through, disappearing completely. 

Ozzie gave a sigh of relief at being rid of the creature, despite loosing him. "Well, that could have gone better... perhaps next time you should convince them to give you the information before threatening their lives?"

Techno then tuned to the captain...

TU: Yeah it's like I managed to narrowly escape an abduction back then and I was like the only one to escape it while everyone else in that town vanished in a ritual. I saw the whole thing through the trees just outside the town limits and I just ran knowing I would get myself killed trying to stop the ritual alone plus just after the ritual a number of the head cultists were still there and they then noticed me and started chasing after me. I eventually managed to lose them but still I was almost one of thousands to be killed in that ritual.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

"How was I supposed to know he could still unsummon himself." Elias said. "Guess he was fatter than I thought, using that spell on anything slimmer would have torn them apart." He mused "I think it's high time we figured out what happened upstairs don't you agree." Elias said looking at Ozzie.

• Brohoof 1

StarSnow stared at the ashes sadly. "...Some kind of...creature.It was sniffing around before I came in.It left...and cast some sort of spell on the guards on the way out." She looked around at the somber faces. "I take it that something didn't go as planned.What happened?"

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, GoldieS said:

15 hours ago, Driz said:

"...Cold Lady!" She called out, picking up the pace. Her body passed through the portal entirely: the same slight feeling of vertigo taking place once again, albeit that time around she was ready for it. Once in the throne room, Lory immediately picked up on a strange smell in the air. Sniffing around like a search-and-rescue dog, she attempted to identify the odor: something similar to an animal's rotting carcass. The foul smell promptly made her cringe, twisting her snout and coughing a couple of times. Her eyes became a bit watery as well.

"What the hell happened here!?" She inquired.

Legion stepped through the portal to be greeted by this sight before him. His body went on autopilot, approaching the remains of the guards. The remains of his brothers.

"Who...who the buck did this?!" Legion spat, rage filling his consciousness again.

12 hours ago, Star48955 said:

"...Some kind of...creature.It was sniffing around before I came in.It left...and cast some sort of spell on the guards on the way out."

He turned to one of his officers.

"I want a full perimeter sweep. Check all the entrances and exits, nothing breathes without me hearing about it." Giving him a salute of confirmation, he stalked silently to the heavy oak door.

15 hours ago, Driz said:

Lory sent Legion a couple of quick glances from the corner of the eye whilst a thousand thoughts raced through her mind.

"I'll be in my office." He said, voice still lacking the otherworldly echo.

Edited by MARSOC
  • Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Biohazarddallas said:

"How was I supposed to know he could still unsummon himself." Elias said. "Guess he was fatter than I thought, using that spell on anything slimmer would have torn them apart." He mused "I think it's high time we figured out what happened upstairs don't you agree." Elias said looking at Ozzie.

The spirit gave no answer, "well I'm going to take your silence as agreement. You can head back to the safe house if you want." Elias said striding to the heavy oaken door, "I have a growing feeling that I'm going to need to pick up that hand of glory Zecora is holding onto for me." 

• Brohoof 2

"Already on it!" Maul snapped to, turning around to dart back down the hall with the two Lunar guards, now that Legion was there to secure the scene. 

Luna, Lory, and Techno all followed after Legion through the portal into the throne room. The rest of the command team came in after, everyone collecting in the center to discuss the next move. They were serious, determined to get something done at the very least, pending a thorough examination of the site. 

"Your highness, what's our next move?" The captain asked as he stood across from her in the circle that had naturally formed of the group. 

Varoyer spoke up first. "If I might be so bold, perhaps we should send a team to check out the location where the runes were first seen. The investigation might be closed, but maybe they can sift through the reports and find something that can help pinpoint a culprit or some lead while we wait for the mages to finish analyzing the scene. Though, it's a long shot, and sparing personnel for that would be risky."

"And... in light of recent events," The captain interjected. "I suggested we activate the regional reserves across the Kingdom. Institute a curfew and a directive to limit the size of gatherings. Day and night. I can already see this causing a mass panic once news starts to spread."

"Your grace, the decisions rest with you." The captain added. 

A few of the officers looked around at the others, waiting for their input as well. 

@Biohazarddallas

"Wait!" Ozzie shouted back, after pausing for more than a few minutes in thought. "I'm going! You're not bright enough to work on your own..."

He tossed the bucket back through the portal, accidentally making a mess on the other side, before following Elias. "And this is just me talking here, but what exactly are we going to do? You need to have a plan of action you know, and a clearly defined goal as well. You seemed lost from where I'm standing, bouncing from disaster to disaster as of late."

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

"Already on it!" Maul snapped to, turning around to dart back down the hall with the two Lunar guards, now that Legion was there to secure the scene. 

Luna, Lory, and Techno all followed after Legion through the portal into the throne room. The rest of the command team came in after, everyone collecting in the center to discuss the next move. They were serious, determined to get something done at the very least, pending a thorough examination of the site. 

"Your highness, what's our next move?" The captain asked as he stood across from her in the circle that had naturally formed of the group. 

Varoyer spoke up first. "If I might be so bold, perhaps we should send a team to check out the location where the runes were first seen. The investigation might be closed, but maybe they can sift through the reports and find something that can help pinpoint a culprit or some lead while we wait for the mages to finish analyzing the scene. Though, it's a long shot, and sparing personnel for that would be risky."

"And... in light of recent events," The captain interjected. "I suggested we activate the regional reserves across the Kingdom. Institute a curfew and a directive to limit the size of gatherings. Day and night. I can already see this causing a mass panic once news starts to spread."

"Your grace, the decisions rest with you." The captain added. 

A few of the officers looked around at the others, waiting for their input as well. 

@Biohazarddallas

"Wait!" Ozzie shouted back, after pausing for more than a few minutes in thought. "I'm going! You're not bright enough to work on your own..."

He tossed the bucket back through the portal, accidentally making a mess on the other side, before following Elias. "And this is just me talking here, but what exactly are we going to do? You need to have a plan of action you know, and a clearly defined goal as well. You seemed lost from where I'm standing, bouncing from disaster to disaster as of late."

Techno was now at the meeting and he was listening very closely to everything and he then put his own suggestion in...

TU: Well I was thinking princess that maybe we could try to develop some sort of spell that can stop the rituals as they're happening. Like we seriously need a way to prevent future incidents like this!

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Biohazarddallas

"Actually I do have a goal, We need to figure out what exactly happened while our little summoning session was taking place. Once we have all the facts we need to find out who or what caused it. You happy now?" Elias said as they climbed the many staircases to the upper levels.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Star48955 said:

StarSnow stared at the ashes sadly. "...Some kind of...creature.It was sniffing around before I came in.It left...and cast some sort of spell on the guards on the way out." She looked around at the somber faces. "I take it that something didn't go as planned.What happened?"

What a night.

Not only hundreds of ponies had lost their lives in a massive demonic nuke concentrated in the middle of a manifestation, but Lory also came to learn that, while that happened, one of those same demonic beings had infiltrated the castle itself behind their backs. Of course, there were more questions than answers that emerged from those events. Additionally, there was no concrete proof that they were related in any way. But Lory didn't care.

Not in the slightest.

She felt her blood boiling inside her veins, heating up her body in a manner she wished she was able to control. Witnessing those mindless killings performed by otherworldly beings which the mare knew absolutely nothing about: watching as the royal guards themselves became powerless to the mass destruction that occurred. She was irate. To Star Snow's question, Lory hoped that her expression was a good enough answer.

1 hour ago, MARSOC said:

"I want a full perimeter sweep. Check all the entrances and exits, nothing breathes without me hearing about it." Giving him a salute of confirmation, he stalked silently to the heavy oak door.

"I'll be in my office." He said, voice still lacking the otherworldly echo.

Absentminded from what went on in the world around her for the moment, she grit her teeth in pure, utter anger, staring down at the ground while battling against her very own dreadful thoughts. She needed to release that fury somehow. After all, someone was to blame for everything that had happened. 

And perhaps Lory did have a wild guess on who could potentially be behind it all.

• Brohoof 3

36 minutes ago, Driz said:

She felt her blood boiling inside her veins, heating up her body in a manner she wished she was able to control. Witnessing those mindless killings performed by otherworldly beings which the mare knew absolutely nothing about: watching as the royal guards themselves became powerless to the mass destruction that occurred. She was irate. To Star Snow's question, Lory hoped that her expression was a good enough answer...

Absentminded from what went on in the world around her for the moment, she grit her teeth in pure, utter anger, staring down at the ground while battling against her very own dreadful thoughts. She needed to release that fury somehow. After all, someone was to blame for everything that had happened. 

And perhaps Lory did have a wild guess on who could potentially be behind it all.

Legion looked back as he opened his office door, spying Lory's furious expression. He had already gone through his period of uncontrollable rage, now it seemed to be her turn. Legion wanted to help, but he didn't know how. Instead, he shut himself in his office, sinking down in his chair to caress his temples with his hooves.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Biohazarddallas said:

Elias and Ozzie arrived in the throne room to piles of ashes and the rest of the group looking solem and angry. "What the bloody hell happened here?" Elias asked "And what was that earthquake about anyway?"

Lory's head turned sharply with a snap to meet with the newly arrived voice. Another acquainted one, yet one she hadn't heard in a while. Curious, she thought.

The mare stared at Elias for a few moments with the same somber expression. Lifting her head up, she maintained cold eye contact, not too unlike from a predator having spotted its prey. Soon enough, she began slowly walking towards him, slowly picking up speed with subtle tempo.

Walking straight towards Elias, Lory just kept going. In her mind, that was it. There was no plausible way it could be any different from what she assumed. It was just so painfully obvious. Furthermore, his faking innocence only added even more fuel to her rage. The rebel was fully convinced: he was to blame for all that had happened.

Upon getting close enough, Lory swiftly pulled back her right foreleg, then violently thrust it forward. The unpredictable sucker-punch aimed dead-center at Elia's snout.

• Brohoof 3

Luna stayed silent as Lory walked towards Elias. She knew she probably should stop her, but she couldn't bring herself to.

What now?No...that's a stupid question.We need to know what happened.

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Driz said:

Lory's head turned sharply with a snap to meet with the newly arrived voice. Another acquainted one, yet one she hadn't heard in a while. Curious, she thought.

The mare stared at Elias for a few moments with the same somber expression. Lifting her head up, she maintained cold eye contact, not too unlike from a predator having spotted its prey. Soon enough, she began slowly walking towards him, slowly picking up speed with subtle tempo.

Walking straight towards Elias, Lory just kept going. In her mind, that was it. There was no plausible way it could be any different from what she assumed. It was just so painfully obvious. Furthermore, his faking innocence only added even more fuel to her rage. The rebel was fully convinced: he was to blame for all that had happened.

Upon getting close enough, Lory swiftly pulled back her right foreleg, then violently thrust it forward. The unpredictable sucker-punch aimed dead-center at Elia's snout.

@Driz

The cat recoiled from the mare's right hook. He groaned and glanced at Lory, spitting blood and adjusting his jaw as he did so. "You mind telling me what that was for?" He asked Lory.

• Brohoof 2

@Star48955 @Techno Universal @Driz @MARSOC @Biohazarddallas

One of the guards rushed over to push Lorry back, the same big fellow before that gave her the gloves. He really didn't move to scold her, especially after what had happened. Instead, he merely pushed Elias back to make sure he didn't do something foolish in response. 

Ozzie pulled back a little in surprise, trying to parse together why she felt like hitting him. Then again, he was fairly certain Elias probably deserved it in some fashion. 

"Get those two out of here!" Varoyer snapped, gesturing for them to leave, prompting several other guards to surround the two. "We don't have time for this! If you're not on the command team, LEAVE!" 

The other captain shook his head in dismay. "Your highness, please, we need to focus here. We can't do anything without your consent. What are your orders?"

"Forgive me for interrupting, but the professor's right, our highest priority should be developing some sort of counter spell or detection spell." One officer added. 

Another shook his head. "Stopping such a ritual is as easy as keeping the sacrifices from dying. No, we need to send a team out first to look at the place this all started."

"Just activate the regional reserves so we can do everything at once... recall all investigators and reestablish priorities, then issue the curfew and gathering laws." The captain replied. 

As they were discussing things, two unicorns arrived to secure the remains of the officers. Maul returned as well, just as the hall was being flooded with guards rushing back and forth to search the entire castle. He came in to the scene of Elias and Lorry being separated. 

• Brohoof 2

Luna was silent for a moment, thinking. "...Both are priorities.Devote as many as we can, and have half work on a counter spell.Have the other half investigate the cause."

Whatever this is, we need to stop it.

Luna was silent for a moment, thinking. "...Both are priorities.Devote as many as we can, and have half work on a counter spell.Have the other half investigate the cause."

Whatever this is, we need to stop it.

• Brohoof 2