Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MOAR Pegasus Unicorns

Grtxkkyz

Aside from Celestia,Luna and Cadance do you think there will be more pegasus unicorns in the show???What if there's a season 3 episode dealing with that matter???Or are they the last of their species???Oh,and by the way pegasus unicorn is the official name,Lauren faust herself said that.Plus,sorry to disappoint you fellow bronies/pegasisters but alicorn is the name used to refer to the material the unicorn's horn is made of in mythology

• Brohoof 1

Dammit! I was going to correct you :P

Anyway, I always thought that any king or queen would be a "pegasus unicorn", but as there aren't a lot of kings/queens, and they don't reproduce a lot, there aren't a lot of them.

Too lazy, gonna continue to use Alicorn anyway :P Sounds cooler.

*shrug* The more they introduce the more complicated it's gonna get I think.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't think theres too many, they are royals after all, any more and they wouldn't be very royal anymore. On that note, if there are more, then how come we never see any deformed pegasus unicorns? Surely when you have an actual complete race of super-royals like that, genetics are gonna get bad. Real bad, real fast.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

(edited)

I'd like it, just to see more of their delicious-looking-err...I mean, uh, eye-candy manes.

Seriously, dat animation and non-laziness.

Posted Image

EDIT: Except Chrysalis. The chronological introduction of Alicorns is actually a scale from best to worst-looking manes. Celestia's is awesome, Chrysalis' is....uh....

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 2

Aren't ali... Pegasus unicorns immortal or something? Besides they are very powerful, could you immagine lord of the rings if there were more than the 4/5 wizards? (yes, gandalf and saroman aren't the only 2, read the books). So why would you bore us with too many pegasus unicorns?

Everyone seems to be complaining about how it would ruin it, but really, those ponies are just cross-breeds between Unicorns and Pegasus.

I wouldn't really mind having these in the show, it seems pretty awesome being able to do magic and be able to fly (new ponysona idea)

If I hadn't heard alicorn used by fellow bronies I would have defaulted to pega-corn. Which for all intents and purposes, pega-corn is just as good if you ask me.

There has to be at least a few more, I mean who the buck are Cadence's parents? :blink:

Who are Celestia and Luna's parents, for that matter? And since Cadence is Celestia's niece, do Luna and Celestia have another sibling? So many questions. >.<
  • Brohoof 1

Aside from Celestia,Luna and Cadance do you think there will be more pegasus unicorns in the show???What if there's a season 3 episode dealing with that matter???Or are they the last of their species???Oh,and by the way pegasus unicorn is the official name,Lauren faust herself said that.Plus,sorry to disappoint you fellow bronies/pegasisters but alicorn is the name used to refer to the material the unicorn's horn is made of in mythology

I was actually disappointed in Cadence because I was expecting her to explain what alicorns are. Instead, we get nothing. No in show references to her relationship with Celestia and Luna. No reaction from any character seeing that she was an alicorn, etc... She was basically just there.

I was actually disappointed in Cadence because I was expecting her to explain what alicorns are. Instead, we get nothing. No in show references to her relationship with Celestia and Luna. No reaction from any character seeing that she was an alicorn, etc... She was basically just there.

Lauren Faust was originally going to make her just a unicorn (or pegasus). After she left the show, Cadence was changed into an alicorn for no explained reason. My theory? Hasbro wanted a new alicorn toy to sell because Celestia and Luna toys just aren't selling anymore. Still, would've been nice to have an explanation.