Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Resolve of the Iron Hooves With Maple Bat and The Cerberus

MickeyAdaptus

Being at other side of Ponyville, Staunch naturally had no idea what happened in Canterlot, and he didn't seem to pay too much attention to the conversation between Woody, Maple and Discord since they weren't talking to him. He was wondering why more guards hadn't yet come, but he figured that they just didn't see the call. After he had checked every bolt he could find and collected those reusable, Staunch took his crossbow out again, and walked inside the thing that the alien-things had came from (the orc ship). 

• Brohoof 1

Maple followed Staunch into the ship. He'd need help if he was caught off guard by one of those monsters. "Going in here might not have been idea... We don't know if all of them left." She said following him in there spear drawn. 

*In canterlot.*

The Ork where still tearing up the hall until they ran into a barrier of golden light. "I think that will be enough out of you... Killing my little ponies." Celestia was just simply trapping the Orks in a hallway. "What are you doing here? And why are you mindlessly killing everypony you come across?"

• Brohoof 1

The big ork suddenly gritted to a halt from the sudden barrier.

"Hey, wot iz dis trickery!" The big ork shouted as he was trying to get past the barrier.

"For yer information, Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'! An’ dis place belongs ta da orks!" The big ork shouted.

Then suddenly the chain engine on his weapon roared to life, as he then started striking the barrier with a couple of strong blows from his weapon.

While the barrier did not seem to break, the force of the blows was very strong due to the ork's strength, the floor and the walls near the barrier started to have slight cracks in it as the Ork seemed to attack it more and more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

When they entered the transport, it was rather empty, it was almost completely devoid of anythign except for an hollow inside, or that is what seemed at first, when there tiny sort of green creatures in there, armed with tiny knives and crude looking pistols, they where Gretchin.

250?cb=20130216102719

But what made it stand out was that they were the size of rabbits, which raised the question if they would really pose a threat.

"True, but it's my duty to make sure this thing isn't a threat to civilians, even if I might never get out." Staunch said to Maple's comment, and when he saw the tiny creatures, he quickly but his crossbow away and pulled out a short sword "What kind of creatures are these things, biggest is big enough to crush a pony, but smallest are small enough to be crushed by the same pony."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"You're right it's mine too..." Maple looked at the small creatures and leaned to Staunch "I think we should attack them... I mean their 'boss' was quite the brute." Maple didn't hesitate after saying that and ran at the nearest one driving her spear into the transports floor at full strength

Celestia too could barely understand what the creatures were saying, but she didn't hesitate on the matter once one of them started hitting the barrier and shot a sun bolt at the
Ork who was attacking. Seeing that Orks were tough creatures she would have to fire another one but she had at least done considerable damage to the attacker "Anyone else still want to attack these ponies?"

• Brohoof 1

The Grentchins quickly spread out, some of them firing their pistols at both the ponies while others ran towards them and starting to attack them with their tiny blades.

One of the gretchings was trying to constantly stab staunch his right foreleg, it would not nearly be as strong as an ork attacking, but it was still considered stabbing regardless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The orks looked with confusion as the strongest ork among their group had just been killed, the sun bolt had gone through his skull, which was pretty obvious since the ork tried to headbutt against the barrier, which proved his mistake.

"Boyz... ‘da boss iz dead." One of the orks stated.

But instead of what would normally be expected from enemies in this situation, the orks did the total opposite...

"Grab ya stick bombs an’ blow 'dat invisible wall ta rubble! warboss grimskull iz gonna like dis wun!" One of the other orks yelled.

The moment it was said, the orks where throwing some sort of crude like grenades towards Celestia's barrier, but unlike normal soldiers where they would toss 1 or 2 grenades, these orks where throwing them like a pile of rocks, throwing 20 stikk bombs or more at her barrier, while it was not good enough to break the barrier, it was damaging that part of the hallway alot as the explosions where tearing apart this part of the castle.

But what was interesting is, during the ork's last line, he had mentioned the name *Warboss Grimskull*, indicating there was a leader among the orks, a high warlord.

Staunch looked at the creature stabbing his leg, "That actually kinda hurts." He then blasted the stabber with his magic, and though his magic wasn't that powerful, it would stun something of that size, he then finished the creature with his sword. He then grabbed the weapons of the firing creatures with his magic, trying to levitate them away from them, while kicking away the ones that charged at him.

• Brohoof 1

Maple saw them all start shooting she moved in front of Staunch cutting off the creatures from grouping around him as much She spun her pear in her hoof while shifting herself around the small bullets getting easily knocked away by the quickly moving weapon, Finishing with a large smash with the spear knocking away those that didn't get hit by the blade itself.

Celestia struggled to hold up the magic barrier against so many explosions. "What do I do here... I can't shoot back other wise I'll get..." Several dark purple bolts flew past her and exploded int the group of orks.

Luna's horn stopped glowing "That's a relief. I thought after all those loud crashes and explosions I thought you would have gotten hurt... What are those things..."

"Orks apparently. I already sent out orders to the guard to get Twilight and her friends..." Celestia said less worried.

• Brohoof 1

The space marine spacecraft was still soaring through the air, only it was after a while that they had found their landing spot somewhere in a clear spot of Ghastly Gorge.

"Landing is complete Captain, your orders?" The pilot asked via the vox.

"Get the Thunderhawk to safety, we 3 will hunt down the Warboss, once the Thunderhawk is safe, await for further orders." The captain ordered.

"Yes, Captain." The pilot replied.

When the 3 space marines exited the craft, the Thunderhawk flew away again.

The 3 space marines where clad in power armour, the captain wearing a more decorated type of power armour, the veteran sergeant next to him also had such decorated armour, but not as much, while the 3rd space marine to the left was wearing regular power armour, indicating he had become a sergeant not too long ago.

The Captain seemed to be holding some sort of massive Warhammer, the weapon itself was very strong, capable of dealing devastating blows to even the biggest and resilient enemies, and on impact, the weapon stores a tremendous amount of energy and release it only at the moment of impact, producing a terrific blast of energy and concussive force like the crack of thunder.

The other 2 space marines were holding a bolter, something similar to a machine gun, but the size compared to that was enormous, but it was the standard size for a space marine. The ammunition used in bolters are the size of small rockets at most and are vastly superior to the autoguns that were used by imperial civilians, but this was necessary when fighting against the horrors of the universe.

The colour scheme they used for their armour was their chapters colour scheme and bore a striking resemblance the Blood Angels, only this colour scheme was darker.

250?cb=20170709123445

After he and Maple had dealt with the small creatures, Staunch cleaned his sword and put it back to its holster, then shortly rubbing the place where one of the creatures had stabbed him. It was't a bad injury, more of a scratch, equivalent of getting stabbed by a thorn. He examined one of the now dead creatures closer and muttered "What an ugly creature." before starting to investigate the ship for anything interesting.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"You alright? Most of what I got hit with bounced off my armor. You seem to have a small injury there, Just need to know if it's bad or not." After glancing at it Maple quickly concluded that it wasn't too bad. As for his comment "Yea they're creepy looking... Though my question is why exactly are they here?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A loud battle erupted in Ghastly Gorge, Orks were streaming down into the area, trying to murder their 3 opponents, some orks tried to attack with melee, while some other orks where shooting at the space marines from range, but both of the ork's methods seemed almost futile at these armoured warriors.

The captain was the orks one by one, their bodies getting wrecked by the mighty blows of his thunder hammer, while his battle brothers unloading their bolter rounds into the orks.

"It seems they didn't hesitate to give us a welcoming surprise, one that I take in kind." The veteran sergeant half-joked as he stood over a wounded ork and put a bolt round through its head

"The ork horde is scattered, something that benefits us to an extent, but not for very long, they are bound to unite eventually." The captain said while he was in the thick of the battle.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In the orkship itself there wasn't really much valuable things, only occasional bits of metal or other material that the orks had just laying around. The transports itself where big hunks of metal slapped together, as orks care little for the quality, only that it works.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Yes" Staunch simply replied when Maple asked if he was aright, and for her question, he answered after he had concluded that there was nothing interesting in the ship. "That's a good question, maybe they want to take over like everyone else who attacks Equestria" "Or maybe they are here by accident, considering that they fell from the sky and crashed instead of landing." "But what's obvious is that they really seem to like killing, and considering the bravery of these tiny creatures, I would guess that they are either stupid or overestimating themselves."

• Brohoof 1

"Probably them overestimating their abilites and underestimating ours... Then again they did say something about a lack of... ' 'umans ' here... Maybe it was an accident?" Maple sorta asked him in reply "Well only they know but they seem to be very... aggressive." Maple scratched her spear against the metal in order for her to test the density and toughness of it.

• Brohoof 1

Upon a hill near where they were inspecting the Ork transport, a group of space marine scouts where observing the 2 Ponies, Maple and Staunch, as the others were not visible from their view upon the cliff.

0fccd1daad0646a3761c8a23c81aea97.jpg

"Contact, 2 life forms in sight, whether they are hostile or not are unknown, but they seem to be capable of speech, their lips moving one and so often. One of them is capable of flight, while the other one has some sort of horn on top of its head, very faint glows are coming from it. The horned one could be a Psyker, they do seem underdeveloped in technology." The scout said trough the vox as he looked through the barrel of his sniper rifle.

"I presume they are natives to this world, though there is no imperial record on these aliens. The Ordo Xeno's would have a field day with this place without a doubt." The scout sergeant said.

"Permission to engage?" The scout with the sniper asked.

"Negative, we know nothing about them, and it would give away our position, remember that Orks are still crawling through the area, head back to the designated area and regroup with our brothers." The sergeant said.

Their entire conversation could not be heard, but the only thing that was heard afterwards was the rustle of leaves when they moved away, yet before they could be spotted they had already moved away, out of sight.

"Accident sounds logical, It's hard to believe that creatures who seem to think they can win every fight would purposely find opponents that they could crush with one leg." Staunch said, "And like I said, they seemed to crash down rather than landing, and though they seem like they might be slightly stupid, I think they wouldn't crash on purpose." He then walked out of the ship since there wasn't anything interesting. He heard the rustle of the leaves, but he didn't think much of it because they were next to Fluttershy's cottage, meaning that there was animals around, and because he trusted that the green creatures would be too big to actually sneak on them.

More guards finally arrived and Staunch started explaining to them what had happened. 

• Brohoof 1

After putting her weapon away Maple walked out of the ship too. She heard the rustle as she left and her sharper hearing allowed her to know that 3 things had moved at once. Maple shrugged it off and walked over to the other guards "Excuse me... Where is your captain?" She asked the guards, these were the day guards so Maple couldn't order them around nor could she scold them for not being there when they were needed "I must speak with him... The matters are of utmost importance as I have information on this incident."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The scouts were proceeding through the forest with stealth, it was until that moment they encountered something.

The very same ork group that had attacked the ponies were now standing over the corpse of a manticore, they had swarmed and killed it.

"Sergeant, we have a group of orks over there, they are currently distracted and we have them in our sights, your orders?" The scout asked the sergeant.

"Throw a frag grenade in the middle of their group to catch them off-guard, then take out the Greenskin Nob, while I and the rest take out the smaller orks."

The scout nodded and waited for the sign, he then threw a frag grenade in the middle of that group, and only one Ork had seen it land but presumed it was a rock due to his damaged eyesight from the battle.

The explosion rang out through the forest and beyond, the orks were throwing into disarray, allowing the scouts to open fire with the element of surprise.

The scout with the sniper shot the ork nob trough the head, and blew it off clean, as that very ork had already been damaged by his previous fight and the grenade explosion itself.

The orks that had survived the grenade explosion where killed off fast by the howling sound of bolter fire booming through the forest.

One ork was lucky and managed to flank the scouts, almost, as one of the scouts that were armed with a combat shotgun, blew the ork away and wounded it badly, only for the ork to then be blown to pieces by the weapons of the other scouts.

"Good work Initiates, follow me." The sergeant said as they started moving further into the forest, now at a faster pace because of the sound they had made.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

From the group of guards came one guard with slightly different armor than the other guards and Staunch, "Captain is at the Canterlot Castle, but I'm the one tasked to report on the situation here at Ponyville." When there was sounds heard from distance in the Everfree, all of the guards, including Staunch, looked at the said direction, but they didn't seem to even consider going to check it out, after all, weird noises coming from one of the most dangerous places in Equestria wasn't something anypony wanted to check out. 

• Brohoof 1

"Very well." Maple stated to the highest ranked guard with a nod "I'd like you to report back to your captain at the earliest convenience, Equestria is under attack by strange green creatures... Thier origin and purpose here is unknown, What we do know is that they are highly aggressive and well-armed so we need to inform the population to exercise caution near these creatures they are really strong." Maple, after giving her field report ran over to her brother and father "We need to get to Canterlot, Ponyville's under evacuation right now so that includes us Mom's already safe. I need to speak to Luna about this as well"

"I like that idea Maple, I'm glad you aren't hurt... Let's hurry to Canterlot as soon as we can. " Woody nodded to her and the remainder of the chaos family flew off heading to Canterlot quickly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

5 hours later...

The citizen of Ponyville was busy evacuating, while the others had arrived at Canterlot.

The evacuation well, so far atleast, as massive groups of ponies where walking through the dense terrain while others were taking the train, it was a long journey for both, because for those on the train it did not seem so safe as it seemed...

For the ponies on the train, hell broke loose when suddenly a few things slammed straight through the interior from one of the train cabins.

It were Ork Stormboyz...

84666_md-Orks,%20Stormboyz,%20Ork%20Stor

One of the stormboyz who had crashed into the train cabin looked around, the ponies around him screaming in terror with looking at the scary ork.

"Hey! dis mov'n trukk iz not full uv loot, but dose kolourful grass eaters!" The ork called out to his fellow Stormboyz.

"Lets get ta stomp'n' Boyz!" One of the other orks shouted back.

And for the poor civilians, it was a cruel fate, they had no way of escaping as the door cabins had been locked during the train ride for safety purposes, only this proved the very death trap for those civilians, being trapped in a cabin with a bunch of orks.

The ork WAAAAAGH warcry rang out throughout the area, followed by the screaming of atleast 20 to 30 ponies, one by one they were killed, screams echoing all across the train cabin.

It din't make it any better that the Royal guard ponies happened to be stationed in a separate train cabin, as they would have never expected their enemies to literly crash trough the train walls.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

After Maple and her family had left, Staunch had been ordered to continue to help with the civilians, but after hour or so, his commander had ordered Staunch to go with him to Canterlot, since he was only guard from that unit, that had actually seen the enemy. They had been transported by air, and now Staunch was standing in the royal castle with bunch of other guards, waiting for orders.

• Brohoof 1

It was a while since Maple had fought those green things. Maple went to go report to the princesses but based on what she saw when she got there they knew already. The night guard captain started to head to the throne to speak with Luna.

Luna saw Maple enter the Throne room "Oh Good, Maple you're here! We've got a problem."

"I know princess Luna. I encountered some of out assailants back in ponyville... Not the nicest bunch" Maple grimanced "We're gonna have to go to war. They show no signs of mercy in their behavior."

"I agree. Some of them attacked and tried to kill my sister as well... I'll let the Day guard captain know for now. You need to rest inside the castle you're missing a lot of sleep."

Woody landed and left to go find Fluttershy, making sure she was alright. But Woody did get lost in the castle since it was so huge and confusing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The battle at the train was looking dire, the ponies in the attacked cabin had all been killed, the royal guards themselves had fought back against the orks, they had managed to kill 3 of the stormboyz, but had suffered 10 casualties during the act, but this was understandable as those royal guards stationed on that train had been rather new recruits, and at the time had been the only ones available to guard that train.

Eventually the last 2 orks on that train had been slain when a royal guard detachment came to the aid, however...

Celebrating was far too early, orks never attack such targets with only a number of 5, and it was then that the Royal Guard was ambushed, and while most had remained behind to stand against the ork ambush, a few had left their detachment to escort the remaining ponies out of the train and into the forest, hoping to evacuate everypony from the train, and make it to Canterlot in another way.

True to their word, the royal guards were holding their own against the ork horde for quite a while, but how long would they last against the orks, who vastly outnumbered them? It would only be a matter of time until more orks would join the fray, at this point for the royal guards it was either fight to the death or surrender and still get killed, for the Orks would not leave any survivors.

Running would not work for them, for the orks would catch up to them with ease, even the pegasus guards would be shot down by the ork gunners if they would attempt to escape, unless outside help would come, they could turn the tide of the battle, but without help, all these guards would perish.

What would happen? Would there come any help? And how much help? A few soldiers would make not a big difference for the orks where vastly outnumbering the royal guards.

Where the royal guards had about 35 soldiers, the orks had around 235 soldiers, for they where known to attack in hordes, it was by the advantage of fortifying and using the abilities from both earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns that they where managing to keep their stand, for now.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

The captain of the day guard arrived in the throne room and got salute greeting from the guards. He headed to Maple and Luna, bowing to Luna before turning towards Maple, "I know you must be tired, but we need Night guard's assistance." "We don't have enough troops to handle everything." Then from the door came exhausted guard that ran straight to the captain, and without saluting or bowing tried to say something but only managed to repeat "the train....", but that was enough, and the captain rushed to the window, and due the castle being on a mountain, he could see the army of orcs next to the train, "What in Tartarus..." "Arm the ballistas!" "Every single one of them!"

• Brohoof 1