Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Resolve of the Iron Hooves With Maple Bat and The Cerberus

MickeyAdaptus

Ooc: 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Grim Darkness of the far future, There is only war.

It was a warm day in Equestria, all seemed peaceful, ponies were walking the streets, doing their usual things.

But it did not remain for long, where once the blue sky was, it was now a terrible sight to be held.

It was raining with debris, countless of things where falling from the heavens straight, while sounds of big explosions and other things could be heard very high in the sky, there where even some massive objects among the rain, these would at least be presumed as meteors, but the truth was grim, it where spaceships, they looked very unstable and primitive for a spaceship, but looks can be deceiving.

There where alot of these spaceships, they were crashing through Equestria's atmosphere like meteors, and instead of landing normally, they crashed like meteors in the ground, spreading all across Equestria.

The normal debris was also posing a huge danger, Ponyville and Canterlot where one of the places that were unfortunate, Burning debris had even managed to destroy some houses in Ponyville.

In Canterlot it was not faring well either since they were on a mountain, the Debris was more accurate there, after some debris landing in Canterlot, one part crashed straight in the Royal Castle, destroying a small part of the upper Balcony, and a few servants getting hurt.

Ponies were in a massive panic as the heavens themselves were shaking from the mass scale battle that was taken place in space, Equestria would for the very first time be exposed to the horrors that have been in the galaxy, something they have been unaware off.

This is war.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

@Mickey Adaptus @The Cerberus

When the debris started landing Woody, who was in the forest ran home, When he saw the cottage there was a large piece of rubble about to destroy it. He started singing with his magic and stopped the debris from hitting the house. The huge piece of rubble was exhausting to hold with his magic He eventually set it down on the ground, tired and amazed at what he was looking at. "What in Equestria is this..." He said looking at it unfamiliar with what it was.

Maple was woken up by the loud crash caused by several of the impacts. "Well, I was hoping I was dreaming but it doesn't look that way." Maple quickly gathered her gear, normally she'd wait on a letter to do something but now was not the time to wait.

• Brohoof 1

Staunch yawned, he was tasked with patrolling around Ponyville, it had been quiet day, so he was slightly bored. Suddenly he started hearing something from the sky, and saw something falling from there, "What in a name of.....". He didn't stay in place for long before he started to guide the panicked citizen to best of his ability. After a moment of guiding civilians, the leader of his squad came to him, and ordered him to go secure the element of kindness and the captain of the night guard, and thus he started running towards Fluttershy's cottage.  

• Brohoof 2

@The Cerberus

Woody noticed several other large chunks of debris getting close to the cottage but none of them hitting it nor anything else they all just kept crashing to the ground, The young dragonequus kept redirecting the debris so they would land in the forest. It was taking a lot ou of him bust suddenly it became a lot easier. "Huh?"

Discord had started helping his son even moving an amount of it from ponyville into the forest

Maple had gotten outside and seen more of what was happening. "Oh boy... At least it's not going to be another boring day in Equestria..." Maple saw another soldier running up to the cottage "Hey you! What's happening?" She shouted to him as he got closer.

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat
Staunch 
stopped in front of Maple, doing a quick salute after recognizing her,  "No Idea, but it has caused several fires in Ponyville and it looked like the Royal Castle got a direct hit." I was ordered to make sure you and your mother are aright." He was little out of breath because he had ran as quickly as he could.  

• Brohoof 1

@The Cerberus

Both the dragonquus were still trying to cover ponyville from the Woody noticed one of them was something that held troops, or it appeared that way. "Maple! Time we found out who's causing this!" He lowered the 'transport' to the ground it didn't crash like the other ones did.

Maple nodded to Woody then looked back at the guard who came to check on her "Get Fluttershy and take her to safety I'll handle this." Maple added as she flew over to the thing Woody had set down. She drew her spear and waited

• Brohoof 1

When the transport had landed, there were muffled voices coming from it, and they sounded weird, as the way they pronounced words was unique.

"Um, boss? I think we just landed." Said a voice.

"I know dat, instead uv goof'n around like a squig, ya get out 'der an’ start chopp'n up 'umiez ya git!"

Suddenly a side of the crude transport exploded, and weird green aliens emerged from it, they had strong muscles, something that would put an earth pony to shame.

Ork_'Ard_Boy.jpg

One of the orks looked around and saw Maple standing there.

"Um boss, i don't fink dese where 'umiez ‘dat we where promised...."

An orkk almost twice the size exited the transport and smacked away the ork with his massive weapon, wich looked like a battle axe but had some sort of chainsaw build in its blade.

OrkChainAxe.jpg

"Zog it! den we kill dese runts instead, someth'n dat will go nicely on ma pointy stikk!" The big ork said

About 8 more orks emerged from the craft, 2 of them having poorly build flamethrowers, while the others had axes and weird looking pistols in their other hands.

Staunch did as Maple said, and after some persuasion he managed to get Fluttershy moving, but they didn't get far until a pegasus carriage landed close and another guard came to get Fluttershy to them and flew her off, presumably to one of the castles. Staunch was little lost now, not really knowing for certain what he should do at the moments since there wasn't any new orders, but after thinking he figured that he had only done half of his orders since only Fluttershy was secured, thus he turned back and saw the odd creatures.

He drew his crossbow, staying out of sight, observing the situation, ready to shoot if necessary. His crossbow was normal heavy crossbow, but the bolt was almost like it was absorbing his magic. 

• Brohoof 1

@Mickey Adaptus

When the hatch blew off the side of the transport it hit Woody before settling on the ground. "Ow..."

Maple wasn't sure what they where saying but picked up a few words one of which was "Kill." Maple flinched and moved back "Well I guess that means no peace then?" Maple said a bit awkwardly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Maple Bat @The Cerberus

"Peace? da only fing yer will be gett'n iz an greet'n from ma choppa!" The big ork said with a laugh.

While it was hard to understand what the ork was saying, it involved Maple getting a greeting from his gruesome weapon, which didn't sound friendly.

"Get im, Boyz! but be sure ta keep da yellow wun's head intact, i need it for ma trophy rack!" The big ork shouted, in which the orks around him made a warcry which sounded like WAAAAAAGHHH, the famous warcry that every ork loves.

The Orks then started charging her, all 8 of them while the Big ork was watching the battle.

It would be suicide for her to face off against 8 orks at the same time, what will Maple do in order to handle this situation?

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Staunch looked from afar, 8 things charging at the captain of the nigh guard, sure she wasn't his captain but it was still his duty to defend her, or at least distract the threat. He raised his crossbow aiming it towards the opening in the leader's helmet. The bolt that Staunch fired left short green trail of magic behind it, he had learned a spell that made his bolts fly further away without losing their power, it was one of the few spells he knew, since he had never bothered to study Magic properly. He started loading next bolt right away without even looking if he hit.

• Brohoof 1

@Mickey Adaptus

"Err... This doesn't look good..." Then the bolt hit one of them which Maple decided to use as an advantage Maple couldn't win this fight but for now she felt she had to at least try to fight them. Maple jumped over to the 'leader' who was using the big weapon and stabbed them in the throat before backing off.

Woody recovered from his hit and looked out at Maple trying to fight the 8 weird aliens. "You can't win this Maple! At least... not alone."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Gah, yer puny runts!!" The big ork shouted, he had already been distracted and wounded by Staunch his bolt, but Maple's attack to his throat made it even worse.

Despite these lethal attacks against his throat and head, against a normal ork, it would have proved a strong kill, but he was no normal ork, he was a Nob, the stronger and bigger orks out there, and he was going to show these Equestrians just how mean an ork could be.

Before Maple could retreat, the big ork grabbed Maple's exposed tail and threw her straight into the ground in front of him.

"Taste ma boot ya snot!" The big ork said as he was holding his foot above Maple and then tried to crush her under his massive strength.

The other orks where watching the spectacle, they wanted to jump in and secure the kill themselves, but they didn't want to face the wrath of the more bigger and meaner ork that was having all the fun.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Because Staunch's crossbow was heavy crossbow, it took several seconds to reload, and when he had finally gotten the crossbow ready, he noticed that the thing was still standing, even when it seemed like he had gotten a good hit. He then noticed maple on the ground he cursed to himself and decided that they needed reinforcements, not remembering that Discord was probably somewhere close. He shot again with his crossbow, this time not using the spell, because he didn't care if the hit was effective, he only wanted to distract the leader. 

When he had shot the bolt, he launched bright light from his horn to the sky, it was a call for reinforcements. 

• Brohoof 1

@Mickey Adaptus

Woody had to act, He moved quickly and grabbed Maple moving her out of the way but the ork's boot crushed his tail. "Gah!... Maple... Don't... do something that stupid again..." The Dragonequus caught his paw on fire and threw a ball of flames at the large ork, trying to get him off his tail,

Maple recovered from the fall and stood up. She needed to help woody then the 3 of them could run away if they needed to. She picked up her spear and stabbed the ork in the leg trying to get him to lift it.

• Brohoof 1

The big ork seemed to get very annoyed, while his opponents might not be as strong as him with physical strength, they sure were fast.

From the crossbow bolt hitting his armour, to Woody's fireball, and then Maple stabbing him in the leg, the Ork was getting tired of these sneaky attacks from them.

"Dat duz it! i am done play'n around!" The big ork roared, he did lift his leg when Maple stabbed him, but that accomplishment was soon drowned away as a very loud roaring sound came from the Ork's weapon, the chains of his weapon started rotating as he made one swift swing straight towards Maple's direction, intending on cleaving her apart, the weapon itself flew towards her with a fast speed.

While the Equestrian's where fast, one serious blow from that Ork's weapon would tear them apart, even Power armour would get considerable damage from such a weapon impact, combined with the Nob's strength.

After call for reinforcements, Staunch continued loading his crossbow and firing it towards the enemy leader's face, loading it with magic every other shot, it took about 10 second for him to shoot one bolt, but he really couldn't do anything else, he could barely beat somepony his size in melee combat, not to mention something many times bigger. He was wondering about the intelligent of these creatures though, since the 7 others just stood there when their presumable leader fought.

• Brohoof 1

Woody used his magic on the orks weapon slowing the swing down as much as he could which allowed Maple to dodge the swing by backing up the weapon missed her by inches cutting a few of the hairs on her neck "Can we run now..." Wood pleaded.

Maple waited for about half a second before saying "Yea... We probably should." Maple acknowledged "Make sure that pony gets away too they're only a unicorn so they can't fly."

Woody nodded "Right!" He ran over to the unicorn "We're leaving now. These things are too tough."

• Brohoof 1

"Hey! where do ya fink ya are going, I ain't done wit' ya yet!" The big ork called out.

"Erm, boss...." One of the orks called out.

"Wot iz it yer squiq! kan't yer see i am busy try'n ta chase ‘dat yellow bird fing!" The bigger ork snorted.

"der iz a red dot 'n ‘da sky, i fink its dose hulk'n 'umiez 'n red!" The ork said back.

And indeed there was a red dot in the sky, but it was almost impossible to see from the naked eye because of its height.

"Space marines? it iz ma lucky day! alot betta den dese puny kreatures." The big ork said

"lets go boyz, we have got some ' umiez ta kill!" He called out, in wich his fellow orks cried out with excitement.

They then started running straight into the woods, no longer caring in chasing the ponies, wich is rare for orks to do.

"Aright, I have to......well, it seems they are leaving too." Staunch said to Woody when he came to him and he noticed that the things were leaving "I hope Everfree will finish them." He put his crossbow on his back and started walking towards the place where the things had been standing, he wanted to know what the thing was they had been inside, and he also wanted to check if he could reuse any of the bolts he fired. 

• Brohoof 1

Woody smiled to him "I hope so too. Those... Things... Are really strong... Here's hoping it doesn't get worse." He said optimistically.

Maple was breathing heavily, and she was pretty scared "Sweet Celestia... It was so close to killing me." Maple was brushing the spot where it hat cut some of her fur off. "I'm... So lucky."

Discord showed up a few seconds after they left. "What was that flare thing? Was I needed here?"

• Brohoof 1

At a very high altitude was some sort of spaceship/big aircraft flying, it was soaring through the sky.

It was speeding towards the planet surface with a pretty fast speed.

In the spacecraft itself was a group of big armoured humans, almost 8 feet tall each, but they were no ordinary humans, they were superhumans, the space marines.

cover.jpg

There where 12 space marines sitting in the back of the spacecraft while 3 space marines were standing close to the exit.

One of them was not wearing a helmet, revealing his face, and while they might be no ordinary humans, their faces sure looked like that of a normal human.

"Captain, the ork warboss has made it to the planet's surface, along with his entire waaaagh." The space marine near him said.

"Clever of the damned orks, but that doesn't explain why these greenskins would attack a feral world, there are no imperial records on this planet." The space marine on the other side of the captain replied.

"It doesn't matter, our objective is clear, eliminate that warboss and purge the ork tide. For as the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, there can be no peace." The captain, having a fierce expression on his face.

Staunch could see something moving on the sky, but didn't pay more attention to it because it didn't seem to be a immediate threat since it was so far away. For Discord he gave a answer, "It was meant for other guards, but you could have been very useful, your daughter was in danger, he can explain." Staunch pointed at Woody as he walked to the...thing (the orc spaceship), he then started levitating the bolts that had dropped to the ground, checking them to see if they could be used again.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Woody? What happened here?" Discord asked flying over and seeing Woody's tail bending awkwardly since it had a few bones in there that got broke by the Ork's boot. "Oh... Yea that's not an easy fix... Magic can only do so much."

"I'll be fine... The tail will heal but right now we have major problems, " Woody quickly explained, there was panic and fear in his eyes he was so happy Maple was ok however and he was sweating from both the pain and the fear, "These green skinned THINGS came out of that ship there. When the saw Maple they said something about disappointment and those things Lyra talks about all the time, Humans... I think it was... That's not the point after they said that then they wanted..." Woody visibly shuttered at the part he said next "The wanted Maple's head on a spike."

Discord looked furious he tensed up his fists balling up"How dare they! Where are they now?" Discord asked... before lowing his fists "No nevermind... I need to make sure Maple's ok."

"I'm fine... Just lost a bit of Fur on my neck, They barely missed me. I'm not sure how we can fight them..." Maple said looking down "I need to speak to the princesses about this..."

• Brohoof 1

From all the debris that landed in Canterlot, not all of it was debris, a big object once again hit Canterlot, but this time it was Canterlot castle, the object had impacted in one of the hallways, but it was not just an object, it was an ork transport...

When it crashed through the wall, there were a few castle servants and a guard present in that hallway, they all recoiled back from the shock and backed off from the object.

Suddenly the front of the transport blasted open, and 16 orks came swarming out of the transport.

The guard tried to attack, but he stood no chance as he was chopped apart by 3 orks who crashed into him and started mauling him to death.

One of the castle maids screamed in horror at the brutal display and the sudden appearance of these aliens.

But before she was even done with screaming, she got burned alive by an ork with a flame, in which even harder screaming occurred.

The ork with the flamethrower sniffed in the air. "Noth'n smells betta den a roasted animal, an' a loud wun at dat!" the ork said.

"stop yer japp'n an’ get ta work, we have got some stomp'n' ta do!" A big ork said, who was acting as a squad leader for this group of orks, but unlike the last one, this ork nob had and horned helmet and some sort of small spike on its armour, with a severed head from its enemies, among of those heads belonged one to an imperial guardsman.

He was also wielding the same weapon as the previous one.

The servants were backing up to the wall, totally horrified and traumatized.

"I see 6 runts ova 'der,  'da wun wit' 'da most kills will be allowed ta loot dere korpses!" The big ork shouted.

The orks actively complied with this, and where charging the servants with their WAAAAAAGH warcry, they where done rather fast, as the servants where murdered in brutalised ways.

The ork who had managed to get the most kills was standing over one of the servant's corpses and grabbed a necklace from it.

"i love be'n a looter, now i kan get ‘da best bits!" The looting ork said with joy.