Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Great Desktop Ponies Sprite Project!

castleofwarriors

(edited)

Your request has been answered. Also, this is actually kind of cool. It'll be a good reference should I ever want to make any more pony pixel art.

Just one thing: You could probably do with a less eye-hurting background. I'd recommend just simple white.

Edited by Lady Arylett

(edited)

Your request has been answered. Also, this is actually kind of cool. It'll be a good reference should I ever want to make any more pony pixel art.

Just one thing: You could probably do with a less eye-hurting background. I'd recommend just simple white.

Actually, magenta and other colors are pretty common for ripped sprite sheets like this, since using white can cause issues when you have non-outlined white parts and such. Like with Dashie up there, a white background would cause problems, since there are frames where the whites on her eyes have no outline.

Though, uh, couldn't somepony just download Desktop Ponies and get the images directly from it? :mellow:

Edited by King K. Roop

I agree. The sprites are cool. But the background... agh >.<; One of my least favorite things ever in the world is hot pink combined with cyan. Hurty my eyes >.<;

Why do them as sprites when you can find all the gifs on dA? :huh:

I agree. The sprites are cool. But the background... agh >.<; One of my least favorite things ever in the world is hot pink combined with cyan. Hurty my eyes >.<;

This color is the default background color while making sprites.

Why do them as sprites when you can find all the gifs on dA? :huh:

This color is the default background color while making sprites.

uh actually there is no default background when making sprites. This and that neon green color are used because no one should be using them as an actual color inside their sprites. Personally I usually pick a neutral tone that I know I won't be using if I decide to have a background while spriting.

Ripping every sprite from Desktop Ponies.

Rainbow Dash

Sonic Rainboom

More on the way!

Ok I am wondering what is the point to this? All the sprites can be gotten from downloading the program at http://www.desktopponies.com/ Also you didn't even keep the sprites in the same elevation that they should be at for each animation. I know my conga animation does not move that much up and down. Same when I looked at a few others like the flying ones. You should try to keep them moving up and down relative to each other the same amount they do in the gif so that if someone actually does decide to use this sprite sheet as a reference they know what the actual movement is.

• 5 months later...