Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming WHo here uses the GoG Digital Store?

SaburoDaimando

GoG, short for Good Ol Games, is a Digital Storefront also made for PC Gaming.  Unlike Steam, there isn't a whole lot of big games.  But what it does have nearly rivals that of the 360 and PS3(With games like the Fallout franchise, the Elder Scrolls games up to Oblivion, Saints Row II, III and IV, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Titan Quest, the REAL Star Wars Battlefront II from 2005, PSychonauts, War for the Overworld, de Blob 1 and 2, Dragon Age: Origin, the Dungeon Keeper games, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice).   In addition, what makes GoG unique is that it's 100% DRM Free.  No Steam DRM.  No Securom.  No Denuvo.  Nadda.

To anyone who has a GoG account, feel free to reply.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really purchase or download much digital games due to my Mac being at a bit of a gaming handicap, but I have used GoG in the past. While Steam is nice & all, it's nice to not have to run a separate client just to run a game. There was one game I purchased on both platforms (Witcher 1, I THINK) and the lack of a resource hog like Steam allowed the game to run smoother without my laptop feeling like it was going to melt.

Really; GoG is a legit service.

Another thing I want to point out is that the GoG version of Fallout 3 does not use any form of Games for Windows Live, compared to the Steam version.  That old piece of junk DRM can cause problems for anyone with Windows 7 or higher(Especially on Windows 10)

I tend to use GOG more often than Steam nowadays when it comes to purchasing games.

Yup, it's definitely more flexible than Steam. But most of the time, it's more expensive than steam, so I don't have a lot of games there. Community features and Steam overlay are pretty good perks as well. 

I actually prefer it to steam, they make sure all their games is up to date with the current OS and tries to get as many older games as they could. Also no DRM is a huge plus

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...