Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Who here is on the autism spectrum?

CaliforniaSpeedKing

(edited)

I suffer from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, with mild autism. But that is because my mother is also damaged. And all these problems stem from chromosomal disorders and genetic damage that cannot be repaired without killing me, basically.

But I have turned my developmental damage into an extended childhood of sorts. Do you remember that day from your childhood, when you were with your parents at home, and everything was alright? And somehow that memory stuck with you? Well, I have taken that memory, and made it into every single day of my life.

And it is not like I could have done anything different, because I have real developmental problems and I am kinda crippled because of it. So, my fate was to be among that subset of homeless people who are damaged beyond repair. Because, I am one of them. I am a "vagabond" at heart. Or a mental patient, whichever view you like the most.

But this was the best possible outcome, outside of that. And I am still "human". So, I saw my chance and I took it. Also, the mental illness that results from it, is no joke. Especially under stress.

Imagine that my mother once wanted to bring back dead family members inside her mind, to take revenge for the past. Because she was always impotent in life. And I mean it, for real. No matter how many times I explained to her that the person in question died of cancer, and that I literally saw it before it happened at the hospital. She was still obsessed that said person was alive and plotting against her. So, it gets kinda ugly.

But I have managed to keep my mother "spaced" over the years. Because, despite the fact that I suffer from similar problems myself. I am naturally more rational. And I am still capable to recognize the issue, and how to deal with it, although imperfectly. So, I lie to her, like I lie to myself. And I imagine her a better version of the world where her special mind can reside safely. And it has worked. She is far more stable than she used to be, and doesn't go for the knife anymore.

So, I am very happy. Also, I promised my grandfather I was gonna keep my mother company. Because I have known I am damaged since childhood. And there is no plausible future for me, outside of causing more damage already, because I have all the tendencies of an addict due to this biological depression. So, I have made it my purpose to stay with her like her child. And she takes care of me. Not much different from before. Since my mother also lived with her father until he was 72 years old.

So, I will stay with her. And then die, most likely. Because unlike her, I want to believe I am a little bit more clever when it comes to recognize my own limitations. But all in all. It has been a good life. And I am very thankful.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was five.

I got into MLP in 2017 simply by watching the first episode on YouTube, since I'd been curious about the show and the fandom for a while by then. I'm really glad I did. :twi:

Also, congratulations on creating the 200,000th topic on the site! :D

• Brohoof 2

I, myself, and those around me have suspected that I might be mildly autistic. However, self-diagnosis is no good and getting tested would be expensive. I would like answers, but I'm not sure if I need to prioritize that right now... What would being diagnosed help me with? Best not to add another status to the list that the government can use against me with the way the government is acting as of late.

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, Envy said:

I, myself, and those around me have suspected that I might be mildly autistic. However, self-diagnosis is no good and getting tested would be expensive. I would like answers, but I'm not sure if I need to prioritize that right now... What would being diagnosed help me with? Best not to add another status to the list that the government can use against me with the way the government is acting as of late.

Same. Never been tested, but literally everyone who knows me has at one point or another suggested that I probably am on the spectrum, and I'm inclined to agree. But other than satisfying what amounts to nothing more than idle curiosity, it doesn't really matter to me whether I am or not.

I was diagnosed with autism about 10 years ago. Truthfully, it took me a while to fully understand it, but I live with it now and it doesn't bother me. :grin:

I was diagnosed with a form of it several years ago. I find it difficult though to determine what social problems are because of autism and what social problems are because I'm just weird.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Diagnosed with autism and got into my little pony as a toddler in the 2000s. MLP was my first special interest and my behavior toward the fandom was one of the reasons I was suspected to have autism in the first place.