kiwi farm and 4 chan

OG CHUCK

4chan isn't as bad as it's often portrayed as, it's just that the complete lack of any kind of censorship and the absolute anonimity means that people get to act any way they want, which can be really good or really bad, it's a mixed bag. "Chaotic neutral" if you will.

Kiwi Farms however is so obsessed with "cringe culture" that, ironically, it often becomes cringy itself.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind
  • Brohoof 1

I don't use either very much, so I can't state an opinion. However, I hear bad things about both. I have a friend who's on 4chan a lot, and he says it isn't all that bad, if that counts for anything.

FinalM6Banner.png.1fc5746b51cf455ac51ccb9004ac818a.png

MLP Forums' own PUNK ROCK pony!

Alternative rock, pop punk, punk rock, and a lil’ bit of emo. ;) 

4Chan is outdated. Went to 8Chan and never came back after the CP issues it had before getting removed from Google then coming back shortly after the problem. 4Chan used to be funny but it kinda lost it's charm. Kiwifarms on the other hand is great imo. I only lurk there but the community seems pretty tight knit and pretty mellow outside of the lolcow mess. A lot of the users are genuinely nice people that just like to point out ridiculous people on the internet. I tend to stick to the more entertaining lolcows and off-topic boards though.

• Brohoof 1

bt.gif

Never used both. I heard to many bad things of both. :)

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

• 5 months later...

4chan is a big place, home to many different communities. There is a board and thread for pretty much everything.
The culture have some injokes, sometimes sarcastic tone and a lack of forced niceness. 

Kiwifarms is basically a forum where people talk about "lolcows" ie. eccentric people or communities one can laugh at.
I have never used that place, the community seems to be more understanding on one level, but there is certainly some trollshielding going on.
(Trollshielding means when somebody who feels like a possible target joins a "trolling organization".)

I am okay with both places, one just don't need to take them and themselves too seriously and there won't be any problem.
If somebody decides to join, I really recommend lurking around. Observing how people act and what the norms are.
:)

- RareGems

Kiwifarms is great for info on notable lolcows, though /cow/ on 8chan is far better imo.

4chan is basically like any other online community except you don't need to register to participate, offensive slurs are not only tolerated but encouraged, and (at least /pol/) is quite adept in the use of chaos magick. Frequently post on many of the boards.