Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fridge Horror involving Thorax and the Changeling Alternative Future

Will Guide

Okay, some part of me had to point this out and it might bother some. You've been warned.

So, you know Thorax was influenced by secretly watching the Mane 6 defend their city during the Changeling Attack on the Royal Wedding, right?

But you also remember the alternative history where the Changelings led by the Evil Chrysalis have almost total control and are fighting with a Resistance led by Zecora? Well, it's strongly implied to have diverge from the attack on the Royal Wedding since the Mane 6 were not together. In that history, Chrysalis' invasion of Canterlot succeed and the Changeling seize major control, but what about Thorax? What happened to him if there was no Mane 6 Fighting to defend their city? Well......

Did you see the Changeling that nearly bit Spike's head off? I don't want to say it out loud, but you can guess where I going with this, right? And it makes sense why this happened. No Mane 6 to influence him = him becoming just another one of Chrysalis' mindless obedient drones.

So what do you guys think of this theory?

Edited by WiiGuy2014

"Fridge Horror?" Pardon?

Well, don't see any basis for that idea, but yeah, I concur. Without the main six to bounce off of, Thorax doesn't really have any importance to his character.

Kind of why I don't like him so far. He sure seems like a transparent attempt at the show's only "Prince" figure. ...well, Shining Armor, of course, but he's more of a trophy husband really. And no, that certainly isn't an insult.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

"Fridge Horror?" Pardon?

It's a Trope that means according to its Laconic page, "When something logical becomes horrific after someone realizes some creepy stuff of the simple fact. Especially if it's hard to notice it, at first. Unintentionally or not."

Fridge Brilliance is when you think about something until you finally realize and say, "Now it all makes Sense!"

• Brohoof 1

I actually love the idea that the changeling that almost killed Spike in an altered timeline is the same that loves him in the main universe, adds another level of darkness to those episodes.
Though, we do know from To Change a Changeling that Thorax was never that aggressive. Though I could see it possible that he would fall after Equestrias defeat.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe

I think he will abandon his kingdom or be killed by Chrysalis, or maybe Pharynx will pick him up and teach him how to be a real changeling after Canterlot invasion so Thorax will eventually join Chrysalis army in the next conquest. (I like the 3rd option).

Edited by Lambdadelta

(edited)

I like the theory; I just have no way to prove that particular Changeling is or isn't Thorax. I will say though the odds of it being him are low considering how many changelings make up Chrysalis' hive. Then again, stranger things have happened - like how Thorax was playing with a Spike doll when he was a kid... o_O

Sadly, like @Lambdadelta hinted at, he may have been culled since it's likely he would have sat on the sidelines even if the M6 weren't there since he already looked reluctant to attack anyone when he spotted them during the flashback. EDIT: In fact, at the end of "To Change a Changeling," Pharynx reveals that Thorax never wanted to be a warrior, which means with or without the M6, he was destined to not be part of the hive one way or another.

Edited by Truffles